Non-motoring > I hope they catch the scum Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 35

I hope they catch the scum - zippy
tinyurl.com/pkw98yv

(Telegraph article)
 I hope they catch the scum - No FM2R
There is no measure that can possibly address the type of people they are.

No punishment. No deterrent. No rehabilitation. Just quiet undramatic removal from the gene puddle.

I hope they catch the scum - Kevin
>There is no measure that can possibly address the type of people they are.

>No punishment. No deterrent. No rehabilitation. Just quiet undramatic removal from the gene puddle.

I think that putting them under the 'care' of mumsnet members might be suitable rehabilitation. Probably a deterrent too.
 I hope they catch the scum - Old Navy
And this lot, some nasty people about.

tinyurl.com/p3vmhws
 I hope they catch the scum - zippy
>>There is no measure that can possibly address the type of people they are.

No punishment. No deterrent. No rehabilitation. Just quiet undramatic removal from the gene puddle.

I am against the death penalty for several reasons, but when a case like this comes along, I do have to question my convictions.

Perhaps life in prison is the right answer, with lots of suffering donated freely from fellow inmates who will know they killed an unborn child.

>>I am against the death penalty for several reasons

Me too.

But that's mostly because we, as a society, don't understand or agree on what it is for.

1) Deterrent - Provably doesn't work
2) Rehabilitation - Quite obviously not
3) Revenge - distasteful and immoral

4) Removal from the gene puddle for the good of society - well, possibly.
 I hope they catch the scum - CGNorwich
Since their is no evidence that criminality is genetic (4) would be pointless.
there
>>Since their is no evidence that criminality is genetic (4) would be pointless.

It would not be pointless, at worst it would be one less.

There must be some element of this level of behaviour which is genetic, but I tend to agree that mostly its environmental.

So then it would not only be one less, it wouldn't be passed on.

So not pointless at all, really.
 I hope they catch the scum - Manatee
>> Since their is no evidence that criminality is genetic (4) would be pointless.

It might not be genetic but it does run in families!
 I hope they catch the scum - Westpig
>> Since their is no evidence that criminality is genetic (4) would be pointless.
>>

If they are no longer with us, they cannot commit further crime.
 I hope they catch the scum - Haywain
"Since their (sic) is no evidence that criminality is genetic"

I assume that you didn't see the Horizon programme that dealt with the identification of a gene associated with the tendency for psychopathy.
The problem with that is of course that association with a tendency to psychopathy does not mean that everyone wiht that gene is a psychopath and that criminality and psychopathy are not the same thing anyway. There are plenty of people who are psychopaths inc charge of our largest companies.

Would you advocate that anyone wiht the gene you mention should be culled just in case?

I hope they catch the scum - Haywain
"Would you advocate that anyone wiht the gene you mention should be culled just in case?"

The same gene was also found to be present in some incredibly successful business people - as well as the researcher himself, so a generally-applied cull would not necessarily be helpful. However, you said that there was 'no' evidence - when I would say that there is some evidence.
 I hope they catch the scum - Focusless
Playing devil's advocate again, what if they'd been 'forced' into it eg. family members being held hostage with knives at throats? But not enough evidence at trial for jury to believe their story. Ok doesn't excuse their actions, but if they were subsequently executed, then the truth came out, there might be some questions asked. Don't know.
With all action there is potential ramification;

If you bomb a city, you will kill innocent women and children.
If you execute everybody you find guilty, you will execute some innocents.
If you allow children to play conkers, one will be blinded
If you allow the police to kill, they will at some point kill an innocent

etc. etc.

Its the way of humanity.

So one must decide if it is a price one is willing to pay.

Are you willing to kill two innocents while killing 999 that were guilty? Or do you prefer to allow 999 to go free to protect the life of a single innocent?
Are you willing to allow once child to break its neck, in order to allow 999 children to climb trees? Or do you wish to remove the fun of tree climbing from all to protect the 1?

etc. etc.

I hope they catch the scum - Londoner
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"
Mr Spock
>> Are you willing to kill two innocents while killing 999 that were guilty? Or do
>> you prefer to allow 999 to go free to protect the life of a single
>> innocent?

You need to include in that equation the number of innocents that would die at the hands of some of the 999, if you left the 999 free.

>> 1) Deterrent - Provably doesn't work
>> 2) Rehabilitation - Quite obviously not
>> 3) Revenge - distasteful and immoral
>>
>>
>> 4) Removal from the gene puddle for the good of society - well, possibly.
>>

3 and 4 works for me, maybe i'm distasteful and immoral.
>>3 and 4 works for me, maybe i'm distasteful and immoral.

Almost certainly, I'd say.

Seriously though, 3) really doesn't work for me. I think its awful, although tempting.

4) though, does work for me. It just dangerous. (you know you'd need a court of human rights, don't you?! 8-)
 I hope they catch the scum - Ted

OP sounds targeted and domestic to me. Father can't take on his responsibilities ?

Just a thought.
>>OP sounds targeted and domestic to me

Almost certainly, I'd say.

It made some comment about "known to her". Fair chance one of them *is* the father, I should think.
Poor woman 'waited more than an hour for an ambulance that never arrived'.

... the first 999 call, made by a member of the public, had been assessed as a "lower priority call".

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33177590

I hope they catch the scum - Ambo
Hard to accept that one is of the same species.

There's more, if my eyesight correctly captured a headline in one of the strident dailies this morning. It went something like "94 year-old Battle of Britain veteran killed in NHS ward". Can anyone cast any light on this?
 90 year old Spitfire pilot. - Old Navy
The DMs take on the story.

tinyurl.com/p2bwdgr
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 18 Jun 15 at 14:00
 I hope they catch the scum - Lygonos
>> the first 999 call, made by a member of the public, had been assessed as a "lower priority call".

Well that's his defence sorted out if the poor girl dies...
 I hope they catch the scum - Dutchie
This story got in the news.The world is full of low lives from the top to the bottom.
Last edited by: Dutchie on Thu 18 Jun 15 at 15:10
Now reported that arrested man is ex-boyfriend and was the baby's father. He's a teaching assistant.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33177590
 I hope they catch the scum - Manatee
Was a teaching assistant.
 I hope they catch the scum - Zero
>> Now reported that arrested man is ex-boyfriend and was the baby's father. He's a teaching
>> assistant.
>>
>> www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33177590
Well at least he sorrted out some of the gene pool problem
 I hope they catch the scum - Dog
www.express.co.uk/news/uk/585764/Another-pregnant-woman-attack-sick-thugs-asked-sit-down-packed-train
 I hope they catch the scum - Dutchie
What about the low live who killed all those people in the U.S.A. in church.?

It is like groundhog day over there it happens regulary mass killings by civilians.
 I hope they catch the scum - henry k
The NRA as usual - allow anyone to carry a gun and everything will be OK.

I am pretty certain that in one very brief photo shown on the TV of the gunman he had a couple of flag type patches on the front of his T shirt
It appeared to be the old South African flag. No comments on the programme re this.
Another possible indicator of his thinkings ?
 I hope they catch the scum - henry k
>>It appeared to be the old South African flag

plus the flag of Rhodesia

www.bellenews.com/2015/06/18/world/us-news/dylann-roof-who-is-emanuel-ame-church-gunman/
 I hope they catch the scum - Dog
>> What about the low live who killed all those people in the U.S.A. in church.?
>>
>> It is like groundhog day over there it happens regulary mass killings by civilians.

Worlds gorn mad - MAD I tell you!!!

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/at-least-two-killed-in-austria-after-man-drives-into-crowd-before-stabbing-passersby-in-graz-10333891.html

I hope they catch the scum - Armel Coussine
I remember posting something here yesterday about the prevalence of abortion, much more widespread than people would like to think, and even more widespread back in the fifties and sixties before the pill, adding that there are more civilized abortion methods, both legal and illegal, than stamping the life out of a foetus in utero.

Can't find that post now. Has it been removed as distasteful owing to my guiltily objective and ambivalent attitude to this practice?
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sat 20 Jun 15 at 14:36
Latest Forum Posts