Non-motoring > Mo Farah misses drug tests Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 9

Mo Farah misses drug tests - Duncan
According to the Mail, via the Beeb, Mo Farah missed two drugs tests before the 2012 Olympics.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/33178292

When the BBC Radio 4 Today programme sports presenter had a ring round various luminarries in the athletics world, none were available for comment.

Why would that be?
Last edited by: Duncan on Thu 18 Jun 15 at 08:56
 Mo Farah misses drug tests - Ian (Cape Town)
>>
>> Why would that be?
>>
Same as 1988, when a well-known US glamour-chick sprinter known for her nails and one-legged racing suits was told she could do anything she wanted, and would not be tested, as long as she retired after the olympics.
Rumour has it that a certain well-known spearchucking lady had the same deal.
As did a possibly-gay sprint sensation circa 1984.
In fact, look up BALCO.

At the time, the sport was in a bit of a lull, what with the boycotts of 1980 and 1984 Olympics, and the domination of slightly-less-than-fetching lasses from the east. Getting some glitz and glam and creating national heroes was more important than abiding by the rules...
(Oh, I once saw Steve Cram next to Jarmilia Kratachvilova. She looked like the elder brother!)
 Mo Farah misses drug tests - Duncan
>> In fact, look up BALCO.
>>

I hadn't heard, or had forgotten about BALCO.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BALCO_scandal
 Mo Farah misses drug tests - Ian (Cape Town)
When you have 24 yr olds wearing braces, cos the HGH is hard at work, then you know there's cause for concern...
 Mo Farah misses drug tests - Lygonos
*Insert female athlete's name* went to her doctor complaining of some hair appearing on her chest.

That's not uncommon for women of your age, *name*, says the doc.

Yeah, I know, but mine goes down to my balls.
 Mo Farah misses drug tests - Armel Coussine
I do hope it won't turn out that the trainer geezer was slipping performance-enhancers into Mo Farah's cornflakes.

It's true he has mad staring eyes, but anyone might after all that hideous exercise. Perhaps it's a Somali characteristic.

Athletes are very tough cookies but their oddities are strangely appealing to us ordinary punters. We take them to our hearts.
 Mo Farah misses drug tests - Alastairw
When Rio Ferdinand forgot/missed a drugs test he was banned from football for 9 months. Logically the same should have applied to Saint Mo.
 Mo Farah misses drug tests - Bromptonaut
>> When Rio Ferdinand forgot/missed a drugs test he was banned from football for 9 months.
>> Logically the same should have applied to Saint Mo.
>>

Don't recall what situation/rules were for Rio but in athletic sports the penalty regime kicks in after three missed tests.
 Mo Farah misses drug tests - rtj70
I thought tests for athletes were totally random in terms of time and location. Hence the three misses being important.

The problem for Mo Farah is nobody can ever prove or disprove anything. He's been tainted and most likely innocent. Unless there's a sample somewhere that can be tested with any newer tests.

The division of HP that did medical testing equipment (long spun off) were good at making equipment to catch the cheats in sport. Trying to keep up to speed with the latest method of cheating cannot be easy.
 Mo Farah misses drug tests - legacylad
Did I read somewhere that one missed test was because he didn't hear the door bell? Not exactly a delivery service who ring once then scarper. I'm surprised the tester didn't at least bang on the door or look through a window.
Mo must have had his music turned up loud
Latest Forum Posts