Non-motoring > Sounding like a little girl Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 16

Sounding like a little girl - Armel Coussine
Saw a bloke with a beard on one of the channels last night whose shtick was sounding exactly like a little girl. He was incredibly good at it. I was impressed.

What I find harder to understand is why grown-up glamourpuss women - singers, actresses, models and so on - so often sound like little girls too. They must be doing it on purpose but I don't think I would if I were one of them. Do they think all men are paedophiles or what?
 Sounding like a little girl - bathtub tom
>>all men are paedophiles or what?

SWMBO (a teacher) maintains all men are autistic, it just varies how far up the spectrum.............
 Sounding like a little girl - Haywain
"SWMBO (a teacher) maintains all men are autistic, it just varies how far up the spectrum............."

Snap!
 Sounding like a little girl - Alastairw
My son actually IS autistic, albeit at the lower end of the spectrum. We only know this because of the excellent service we have received from both the local schools and NHS in Stockport.
Taking into account what I now know I think I and many of my schoolmates back in the 70s would haveen somewhere on the spectrum today.
The word autistic hadn't been invented when I was a child.

What I remember is that some people at school were odd verging on weird. One tended to think of them (and say so in that much more robust era) as 'mad'. They didn't usually mind because they were already aware of it.

Teachers were, and doubtless still are, very good about that sort of thing. It comes with the territory I suppose. Perhaps now they have a special training course which probably ruins their capacity for empathy with weird kids.
 Sounding like a little girl - Cliff Pope
>> why grown-up glamourpuss women - singers, actresses, models
>> and so on - so often sound like little girls too.

There's a peculiar feature of BBC radio reports that whenever a woman starts talking - regular reporter or someone being interviewed, her voice begins by making a squeaky jump in octave before settling down to what is presumably her normal voice.

It's exactly as if they were playing an old tape recording - the tape stretches and it does a funny kind of jerk as the take-up spool takes up the slack.
But they don't still record everything on those gigantic 15" tapes do they?
And why only women's voices?
 Sounding like a little girl - Focusless
>> Saw a bloke with a beard on one of the channels last night whose shtick
>> was sounding exactly like a little girl. He was incredibly good at it. I was
>> impressed.

I'm curious to know which programme and/or bloke? Anyone?
 Sounding like a little girl - Mike Hannon
Using the example of the quite numerous men I know who happily describe themselves as 'borderline autistic' or beyond, I believe the words 'autistic' and 'selfish' are more or less interchangeable.
>> I'm curious to know which programme and/or bloke?

Sorry Focus, can't remember the name of the programme, but I 'm pretty sure it was on Gold.
 Sounding like a little girl - Crankcase

>> >> I'm curious to know which programme and/or bloke?

Matt Bittner, maybe?
 Sounding like a little girl - Dutchie
I always found it strange how different people behave when they are in a group.It is like they have to prove something to the crowd.

Autism is about self I believe from the Greek word.I am a loner must be one of them.
>> I am a loner must be one of them.

You aren't autistic Dutchman. Unless everyone who posts here has some sort of mild autism, which I suppose is possible.

:o}

The name Max Bittner does ring a sort of bell (as the bearded bloke who could sound like a little girl).
 Sounding like a little girl - Dog
I'd likely be 'labelled as 'on the spectrum' these days, by some over-paid twerp. I like my own company and can (and do ) go for days without seeing anyone 'up here'. No big deal though, and I'm not anti-social as such, in fact I quite like people, but can't eat a whole one.

:}
 Sounding like a little girl - Focusless
>> Matt Bittner, maybe?

Thanks Cc - I shall explore some google results this evening.
 Sounding like a little girl - smokie
Good call, Bittner

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1wNKjlfaK0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UoJ-34Ssa0

Sounding like a little girl - VxFan
>> can't remember the name of the programme, but I 'm pretty sure it was on Gold.

It wasn't an advert for Haribo sweets, was it?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9scm3NCIH_E
youtu.be/oQhszQ3p6M4

God, they drive me barmy.
>> It wasn't an advert for Haribo sweets, was it?

No, i wasn't that one although it reminded me of it.

I think though that the Haribo ad - which I quite like because it's so silly - uses real nippers' voices, and the actors just 'mug'.
Latest Forum Posts