Non-motoring > A bit of a rant for some here to denigrate :-) Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 7

A bit of a rant for some here to denigrate :-) - Roger.
www.breitbart.com/london/2015/07/22/freedom-of-speech-the-key-battleground-of-the-next-decade/
 A bit of a rant for some here to denigrate :-) - Manatee
Can't disagree with the general sentiment there.

Allis has always dropped more or less droll comments into the pauses, and I rather like his relaxed but informative style.

If that comment makes him sound an old dinosaur, well he is - and free to be as far as I am concerned.
 A bit of a rant for some here to denigrate :-) - No FM2R
>>If that comment makes him sound an old dinosaur, well he is - and free to be as far as I am concerned.

I once spent some time with Allis and a few others at the K Club for the Ryder Cup. Really, really funny and very pleasant. And he could take the comments as well as hand them out.

At the time there were stories around the media that he could be difficult. That wouldn't be my experience.
 A bit of a rant for some here to denigrate :-) - Focusless
>> www.breitbart.com/london/2015/07/22/freedom-of-speech-the-key-battleground-of-the-next-decade/

"The Twiteratti, who collectively possess the thinking power of a geranium..."
:)
 A bit of a rant for some here to denigrate :-) - Cliff Pope
Of course his fundamental mistake was in assuming that there was any connection between her husband's earnings and her own spending power.

Obviously the wife has her own job and is entirely responsible for her own affairs. She may perhaps now feel a bit inadequate as a family breadwinner, overshadowed by her higher-earning partner. But in the brave new world of equality she must come to terms with that. Men sometimes now do earn as much or more than their wives, now that they have been freed from outdated role-modelling.
 A bit of a rant for some here to denigrate :-) - Crankcase
I can half remember a Peter Allis quote from a match I watched about ten years ago. It was so SO much worse than that reported here I'm not going to repeat my half memory as if I get it wrong I might be in bothers, putting it out on the internet for publication.

And I can't find it on google. Yet.

A bit of a rant for some here to denigrate :-) - Alastairw
Current favourite Allis quote:
Commentator: It would take Carol Vorderman to add up that score.
PA: Saw Vorderman on TV yesterday - I got aroused.
Pause - background laughter
PA: Quite proud of getting a 7 letter word after leaving school at 15....
 A bit of a rant for some here to denigrate :-) - Focusless
He got me laughing on Monday when he mentioned a golfer who had become super fit, but drowned in a vat of muesli, pulled under by a strong currant.

Of course he also knows what he's talking about when it comes to the golf - quite a playing career:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Alliss#Early_years_and_playing_career
Latest Forum Posts