Non-motoring > Mr Trumpet Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 16

Mr Trumpet - Armel Coussine
What a sulky looking old babe Donald Trump seems to be, don't you think?
 Mr Trumpet - Focusless
Came here expecting an essay on Dizzy Gillespie, the man and his music. How disappointing :)
 Mr Trumpet - henry k
>> Came here expecting an essay on Dizzy Gillespie, the man and his music. How disappointing
>> :)
>>
MR D Trump must be disappointed that "Trump Turnberry" has garnered a few one star ratings :-(
>> Came here expecting an essay on Dizzy Gillespie, the man and his music. How disappointing :)

I know I'm sometimes forgetful Focus, but I remember the Dizzy Gillespie thread quite well!

I'm very struck by Donald Trump's resemblance in face and manner to a disagreeable old woman with piles. Perhaps its the yuckily spotless big white basebal cap (not a garment a gentleman would wear, and please don't post any pictures of royal princes to prove me wrong, gentlemen are different...).
 Mr Trumpet - Focusless
>> I know I'm sometimes forgetful Focus, but I remember the Dizzy Gillespie thread quite well!

Clearly not as forgetful as me - I'll have to look that one up...
 Mr Trumpet - Dutchie
Maybe the apprentice show gone to his head.He has a few followers do,next President?
>> I'll have to look that one up...

Good luck. I couldn't find it when I tried earlier. I know it's back there somewhere though. I can't remember exactly how old it is, or what the original thread title is.
 Mr Trumpet - No FM2R
>> I couldn't find it when I tried earlier.

Well, there's this one cunningly hidden under the title "Dizzy". Is this it?

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=19691
Thanks FMR.

I did try 'Dizzy' but either it didn't work or I did the wrong thing. I need a 12-year-old permanently on tap to sort me out but they're like swallows, flitting about, now you see them now you don't...

I recognize the tenor sax man's face but can't remember his name. Couldn't find a list of the players in the link. The duet of Dizzy and him doing Sunny Side of the Street is the most cheering bit of music I've heard for ages, proper bebop from the real era. It's a bit long at more than 7 minutes but the joyous duet comes right at the end.
>> Sunny Side of the Street is the most cheering bit of music I've heard for ages, proper bebop from the real era. It's a bit long at more than 7 minutes but the joyous duet comes right at the end.

It is though an extremely accomplished and well-finished example of a bebop number at its best. Not a bum note or dodgy rhythm throughout. I keep listening to it to stay upbeat.

'On the sunny...' (OO-be doo wah, oo-be doo wah)

'On the shady...' (OO-be doo wah, oo-be doo wah)

On the SUNNY

SAHDE of the Street!' (and a wonderful offhand dying-fall bebop coda that doesn't translate onto the page).

Pure bliss. Sorry to go on about it.
 Mr Trumpet - Cliff Pope
>> What a sulky looking old babe Donald Trump seems to be, don't you think?
>>

Yes
And I see the petulant-looking old brute has been shortlisted for Republican leader. To me he should be at the bottom of any such list (all the other candidates are more personable and convincing).

If he makes it, Hillary Clinton will flatten him at the polls (I riskily predict).
 Mr Trumpet - TheManWithNoName
The future's bright. The future's Orange.
 Mr Trumpet - Alanovich
Can't wait for the first "Special Relationship" leaders' summit between Tump and Corbyn.

(It's never gonna happen - I've been saying for over 5 years that the 2016 US election will be Clinton v Bush. And it will be.)
 Mr Trumpet - Boxsterboy
I want to know who colours his coiffure. They must be colour-blind, surely?
It's the same shade of orange as the rug worn by the very nasty evil guy in the Sopranos who will kill you for pointing out that his wife is obese.

Burbank Rugs'n'Hairdos - branches in New York, Chicago, London and Cannes - 'You get what you pay for!'

Had a long chat in the Launderette in Hollywood back in 1973 with a charming and amusing lady who had spent her life as a hairdresser and rug-maker to the stars. Came from West Texas.
It may be unlikely, but it's not impossible that Trump will get the Republican nomination. I would have thought his mean pinched features, hectoring manner, silly-old-woman oversized baseball caps and fatuous boasting - 'I make 300 million dollars a year so what does it matter' or words to that effect - would rule him out for voters, but apparently Americans are unaware of these things or expect their politicians to be ugly unpleasant bullies. Perhaps they admire people like that.

It's a bit worrying. I always feel uneasy when a US election looms. Vox-pop interviews with US voters are very worrying indeed sometimes, damn smart-aleck hicks that they are...

Latest Forum Posts