Non-motoring > Drink Flying.... Auctions
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 10

Drink Flying.... - No FM2R
SEVEN times the limit? Dear God.

www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33972631
 Drink Flying.... - Bromptonaut
The limit for flying at 20microgrammes/100ml is close to practical zero.

This guy, at 7 times that was also pushing twice the (high by international standards) UK limit for driving.
 Drink Flying.... - Armel Coussine
>> SEVEN times the limit? Dear God.

He must have been fast asleep, or near enough. The aircraft was being flown quite safely (I'm sure) by the slightly less drunk co-pilots.

'God this is a boring s***hole... let's get utterly plastered.'

'Sure thing Bro, great idea, hey Barman! Yeeeee-hah!'

It looks like a glamour job to ordinary citizens but flying as aircrew imposes terrible longueurs. They're just chauffeurs with a random sequence of employers. Days waiting for the punters in some back-of-beyond dump sometimes with no amusements available but plenty of pocket money.
 Drink Flying.... - Robin O'Reliant
>> >>
>> It looks like a glamour job to ordinary citizens but flying as aircrew imposes terrible
>> longueurs. They're just chauffeurs with a random sequence of employers. Days waiting for the punters
>> in some back-of-beyond dump sometimes with no amusements available but plenty of pocket money.
>>
>>
Nah, it's all one long round of orgies with the stewardesses.
 Drink Flying.... - Zero

>> >>
>> Nah, it's all one long round of orgies with the stewardesses.

the flight deck is a bit cramped for that kind of thing. handy having a lock on the door now tho.
 Drink Flying.... - Manatee
>> >> SEVEN times the limit? Dear God.
>>
>> He must have been fast asleep, or near enough. The aircraft was being flown quite
>> safely (I'm sure) by the slightly less drunk co-pilots.

He was the sole co-pilot. The Captain wasn't as P***ed and hasn't been tried yet, the charges agianst him also involve his command responsibilities and he has pleaded not guilty on some.

They were dobbed in, hauled off the plane and tested before they took off.

It is pretty unbelievable.
 Drink Flying.... - Kevin
We have a few pigeons that visit our garden to pick up whatever the smaller birds have dropped from the feeders. Mrs K hates the damn things and chases them off whenever they appear. I can't be bothered.

Over the last few days they've been eating the berries that have fallen off the trees and waddling around completely inebriated. Yesterday a neighbour's cat ambushed one and was so surprised when it fought back that it let it go.

This afternoon when Mrs K got home there were two of them in the garden so she opened the laundry door and "shoo'd" them. They looked at her and then ignored her so she went outside stamping and clapping which had the desired effect.

Instead of departing in the opposite direction though, they both flew towards the house with one of them barely keeping airborne after clipping a wing on the corner of the roof.

I've nicknamed him "Fursty".
 Drink Flying.... - Zero

>> Instead of departing in the opposite direction though, they both flew towards the house with
>> one of them barely keeping airborne after clipping a wing on the corner of the
>> roof.
>>
>> I've nicknamed him "Fursty".

Sounds like its got better flying skills than the one we know.
 Drink Flying.... - Fursty Ferret
I find a stiff drink helps to settle my nerves before I go flying.

Incidentally, up until a couple of years ago Air France pilots used to get a glass of wine with their meals (vive la France etc).
 Drink Flying.... - Alanovich
>> I find a stiff drink helps to settle my nerves before I go flying.
>>
>> Incidentally, up until a couple of years ago Air France pilots used to get a
>> glass of wine with their meals (vive la France etc).
>>

Ha. Amateurs. Aeroflot. That is all.
 Drink Flying.... - legacylad
On my transatlantic trips I enjoy a few cans of beer before lunch/ dinner, although these days KLM/Delta will only serve me with one drink at a time! Then another beer and a wine with the meal, after which I settle down to watch 2 or 3 films.
I never drink before noon anywhere, but if people want to neck lager at 5AM in the airport I don't have a problem with that, so long as they know their limit and dont become obnoxious.
Maybe a pre flight breathalyser for flight deck crew would be a good thing, but I like to think that they are the ultimate professionals and act accordingly.
Latest Forum Posts