Non-motoring > scrap value Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 4

scrap value - Focusless
Since stepson did some DIY on his 159 a few months ago we've had a bonnet and 4 brake discs sitting in our garage. Would it be worth taking them to a scrappie?
 scrap value - legacylad
No. Tie them to the scroat who keyed the Aston and watch his aquatic aerobics at a river near you...
 scrap value - No FM2R
www.scrapsales.co.uk/ price by type of scrap & kilogram

>>Would it be worth taking them to a scrappie?

No. Use them for some MacGyver type activity.
 scrap value - Focusless
>> www.scrapsales.co.uk/ price by type of scrap & kilogram

Thanks - not a lot for steel.

>> >> Would it be worth taking them to a scrappie?
>>
>> No.

As confirmed by the scappie in Sindlesham (yeah sorry, could have rung him in the first place).

>> Use them for some MacGyver type activity.

Never watched it, so had to Wiki that: Resourceful and possessed of an encyclopedic knowledge of the physical sciences, he solves complex problems by making things out of ordinary objects, along with his ever-present Swiss Army knife. He prefers non-violent resolutions and prefers not to handle a gun.

Way off - I used to love shooting cans with my BSA Meteor :)
 scrap value - Slidingpillar
No. Use them for some MacGyver type activity.

This. The Morgan 4/4 bulkhead was repaired with metal from a scrapped filing cabinet. The front spoiler/air dam was made by me from an aerial tuning unit cover from the major medium wave transmitting station for central Scotland (Westerglen).

The three wheeler engine mounting tubes were made by me from the bull bar in a scrapped Japanese 4x4. The spacing washers for the engine were made by me from a scrapped parking sign from the local snooker club (my brother was a manager). The rear brake actuator was made by me from scrap steel from the old body. Not made by me, but the rear driveshaft was made from a car halfshaft (right type of steel).

If something looks re-usable, I generally do. It's a corking thing to be able to say to someone 'recycling is not the answer, re-purposing is'. And to that end, I'm reclaiming syringes (I have a supply) for them to be used by a local party shop to squirt fake blood at halloween!
Last edited by: Slidingpillar on Wed 19 Aug 15 at 14:11
Latest Forum Posts