Non-motoring > Any ideas Computing Issues
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 20

Any ideas - No FM2R
I have a piece of written work one of my children did, about the 2/3 the size of A4. Obviously its with me in Chile.

I want to frame it and then send it to my Father, in England.

If I frame it here, the chances of it arriving there in one piece, or even at all, are small.

Does anybody know a picture framer in the Reading / Newbury / Basingstoke area who would be happy to accept the piece of paper by post from here, frame it and then post/deliver it to my Father near Tadley and accept a payment by card or bank transfer?

I just spoke to the one I knew from before and he was unhelpful to say the least. Some new owner, clearly an oik, replacing the J R Hartley lookalike I used to know.

I'm guessing I need some kind of independent concern who is likely to be a bit more interested in helping than a chain, albeit for not much business.

Its only a little piece No 2 wrote about him for some classwork, not particularly special or even particularly good, but he'd like it I think as she just did on her own without help or advice.

In case you're interested;

"My hero's name is XXX XXXXX. He is from England, he's my Grandad and he's retired but still strong. I admire him because he was in the II World War and he made it to this day. He has had a very interesting life, with adventures around the world and been to amazing places. He now lives in England in the fields in a house with two cats and my Grandma"
 Any ideas - No FM2R
p.s. Obviously I can Google / Yellow Pages, but I'm just wondering if someone actually *knows* someone.
 Any ideas - Focusless
Does it need to be the original work that's framed? Just wondering whether scanning it and getting the image framed using someone like Photobox is an option:
www.photobox.co.uk/shop/wall-decor
 Any ideas - No FM2R
Not a bad idea that, not bad at all.

Any idea how good the image would look? How "real" if you see what I mean.
 Any ideas - No FM2R
Unfortunately my Mother, She who really must be obeyed, believes he will value the original more.

Dammit.

Thanks though, I can think of other times where I shall absolutely use that approach.
 Any ideas - ....
I'd still take an HD picture or high quality scan before posting the original off.
 Any ideas - smokie
I'm in town (Wokingham) in the morning, there's a couple of art shops there so I'll try to remember to drop in and ask. Worst case you could post to me, I get it framed and send it on (or deliver).

EDIT yeah that does seem a good idea.
Last edited by: smokie on Wed 19 Aug 15 at 16:43
 Any ideas - No FM2R
If you could check Smokie, I'd be grateful.
 Any ideas - smokie
Dropped in to see them today and I've just mailed you their details and some info.

T G Art Wokingham. www.tgartgallery.co.uk/
Last edited by: smokie on Thu 20 Aug 15 at 10:58
 Any ideas - No FM2R
Smokie,

Thank you very much. We (the shop and I) have since been emailing each other and although it turned out more expensive than I expected, its a good result.

I've shipped the document to them and now just waiting to hear.

Thanks again,

Mark.
 Any ideas - Kevin
Try framemakers, they have a shop down Wote Street in Basingstoke.

framemakersgalleries.co.uk/

There's the managers name and email address on the Gallery Locations page.

We've bought a few framed prints from them and they've always been pleasant to deal with.
 Any ideas - MD
I have bought perhaps 15 of Mick Cawston's limited edition prints and had them all framed by a company in Barnstaple North Devon. Frame Warehouse springs to mind. They might do it for you. I know one of the girls quite well. If you are unsuccessful elsewhere you could send it here and I'll sort it.
 Any ideas - Alanovich
This bloke is good, I've used him a few times:

www.cavershampictureframer.co.uk/

Let me know if I can help. I can pop in tomorrow and ask him if you like.
 Any ideas - No FM2R
Thanks all.

Al, could you drop into that place tomorrow and check it out please?

Kevin and MD, thanks a lot. MD, I'll fall back to you if either Al's or Smokie's solutions don't pan out.
 Any ideas - MD
Bridesmaid again o:-)

You're very welcome.
 Any ideas - Alanovich
I'll try and drop in on the way home if I get out of the office early enough.
 Any ideas - No FM2R
Smokie, thanks, reading your email now. I will reply by email.

Al. thanks.

MD, what kind of scarey-a*** wedding would have you as a bridesmaid? (Thinking big, hairy builder in delicate pink silk dress)
 Any ideas - Alanovich
Let me know if you're gonna go with smokie's blokie, save me bothering them if you've got it sorted.
 Any ideas - No FM2R
Tell you what Al, leave it for now. Smokie has sent me contact details and spoken to them. Let's see how i get on with that and I'll give you a shout if I need further input. Thank you.
 Any ideas - Alanovich
No worries. I am hoping to be diverted to the Volvo collection point after work today in any case..........just waiting for the phone to ring.
 Any ideas - MD
Damn. I've never felt uncomfortable in Pink before. You've got me doubting myself now o-:)
Latest Forum Posts