Thread Author: Dog Replies: 12

What to do about seagulls? - Dog
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD_4_Ixi5Tk&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by: Webmaster on Thu 20 Aug 15 at 09:35
Did somebody mention seagulls?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-6l-905zD0
 What to do about seagulls? - Stuartli
I watched most of this BBC1 programme, which was repeated the other night, about thieving seagulls in St Ives:

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02h713y
She's daft doing that imo because they have been known to injure people, and, um, dogs:

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/wildlife/11740893/Pet-dog-pecked-to-death-by-seagull-in-horrific-garden-attack.html
This story about gulls causing the deaths of baby seals was widely published the other day:

tinyurl.com/ojy7mrd
And we throw live lobsters into boiling water :(

S'funny how I don't get any seagulls 'up here' but just 3 miles away in town, I often hear the critters via the ole woman's mobile phone.
I did read that they come inland more these days due to the fishing fleets being expunged by the EU.
>>I did read that they come inland more these days due to the fishing fleets being expunged by the EU.>>

Seagulls can be found many miles inland - they go where they know there will be food.

Fishing fleets and ports are spread comparatively thinly round the British coastline...:-)
Lots of fishy business going on in Cornwall or course. I don't live far from Mevagissey, as the seagull flies :)
 What to do about seagulls? - MD
We know. We're watching you and the wood shed problem. Don't get it wrong or you'll be set upon by experts!!!!!
Have this one on me Martine:

www.staustellbrewery.co.uk/beers-and-brewing/proper-job
 What to do about seagulls? - Armel Coussine
We're a bit far inland to get more than the odd gull. We get other raptors, hawks and kites. I've seen a hobby here once or twice, ages ago though. Either there are fewer birds than there used to be or I'm failing to see them. I'm afraid the former: farmers have been poisoning their prey, and so poisoning them.

Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Fri 21 Aug 15 at 00:09
I get buzzards and hawks here. I like to see the buzzards gliding overhead on the air currents, they remind me of Tupolev Tu-160's :)

I've stopped feeding the dicks this year though, because (1) I've seen hawks swoop down from nowhere and take them far too many times and (2) putting out nuts & seed for the dicks attracts the rats and, I've caught some mighty-firkin-huge rats in my kitchen, by using 80 kiloton ground-burst nuclear traps to shuffle then orf quite swiftly.
 What to do about seagulls? - CGNorwich
My wife found a huge bloated dead rat in the water butt a few weeks back when she was watering the hanging baskets

My fault of course as hadn't put the lid back

Boy did it stink.

Latest Forum Posts