Non-motoring > US Marines foil train massacre in France Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Westpig Replies: 20

US Marines foil train massacre in France - Westpig
Just as well the marines were on there:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34023361
 US Marines foil train massacre in France - No FM2R
Well done the Marines.

Serves the cowardly little s*** right. He wanted to attack innocent civilians and walked into two US Marines.

They should have killed him.
 US Marines foil train massacre in France - zippy
I want to say the marines were brave but that is an understatement! Hero is better.

They were unarmed so must have known it was extremely risky to themselves.

US Marines foil train massacre in France - rtj70
I read one of the marines is one of the injured (badly?). But very heroic because who knows what else this man planned!
Last edited by: rtj70 on Sat 22 Aug 15 at 00:31
 US Marines foil train massacre in France - Armel Coussine
I've sometimes thought about this. The obvious thing to do when a toerag produces a weapon is to go for him physically and disable him if possible, but disarm him anyway and try to hurt the carphound.

It's obvious, but you have to have the guts and you have to be prompt. Not everyone has the guts and not everyone is quick thinking. I wouldn't trust myself to do the right thing in time.

Chapeau, Marines.
 US Marines foil train massacre in France - Armel Coussine
The point about the risky nature of jumping an armed man when unarmed isn't really a point. If he isn't disabled and disarmed he may shoot everyone in sight including you. So however reluctant you may feel, it's the right thing to do. The safest thing. What a goddam nightmare.
 US Marines foil train massacre in France - Dog
>>It's obvious, but you have to have the guts and you have to be prompt. Not everyone has the guts and not everyone is quick thinking. I wouldn't trust myself to do the right thing in time.

Is it a case of 'having the guts' though. We can't say what we would do in a similar situation.
About 25 years ago, Marmalade, my orange roan Cocker :) jumped over a low wall and fell 15ft into the river Medway in Maidstone ... I just froze. It wasn't due to fear though, shock more like it.
Maybe I would be the same in a situation like on that train. I'm the wrong side of 60 now, and realise I'm nearer the end than the beginning, and I like to think I would act spontaneously to take the mother out mucho pronto; but, until such an event like that presents itself to us, no one can really say what they would do IMO.
 US Marines foil train massacre in France - sooty123
It now appears the men in question are in the air force and national guard.
 US Marines foil train massacre in France - legacylad
Still no excuse for not shooting him in the head with his own gun
 US Marines foil train massacre in France - R.P.
www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/mold-tesco-attack-trial-ex-9504828

Equally as brave. Nasty incident...
Marines make for sexed up reporting.
Looks like one of the "Marines" was a British IT consultant !
 US Marines foil train massacre in France - Bromptonaut
BBC news at at 10:00am referred to three Americans, two of whom were current or ex military, plus a Brit. Report in Guardian names those involved and also says the perp's AK 47 jammed.

www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/21/amsterdam-paris-train-gunman-france
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Sat 22 Aug 15 at 10:26
Some French "Actooor" cut his hand smashing the glass on the emergency stop button...darling
Yeah i saw that, never heard of him. I don't think he's well known in Britain so not really sure why they mentioned him.
 US Marines foil train massacre in France - legacylad
'' will all great Neptunes ocean wash this blood clear from my hand''

Amazing the carp I remember from my O lovel literature donkeys years ago
The bbc report was similar, i think they all just copy and paste from each other.
 US Marines foil train massacre in France - Dog
>>The bbc report was similar, i think they all just copy and paste from each other.

Probably retired hacks who frequent C4P.

:}
 US Marines foil train massacre in France - Alanovich
There was also a French citizen involved who has requested anonymity from the press, according to reports. Discretion and better parts and all that.

I was once in bed in a loft bedroom when a burglar burst in looking for goodies. I leapt out of bed and chased the bleeder down the stairs and out of the house screaming and shouting. I'd have given him a right pasting if I'd got hold of him. Jumped in a van in which his accomplice was waiting and disappeared. I'm not sure if I'd be so brave if I encountered someone armed, although obviously I didn't stop to think that this particular miscreant may have been carrying something nasty. I was young and lucky, perhaps I'd think twice next time. Who knows.

Well done to all involved in this one.
 US Marines foil train massacre in France - zippy
Terrorist is claiming he found the guns in a children's park.

What a wimp, can't even face up to the truth of what he intended to do!

tinyurl.com/ocx2qe3 (Independent)
 US Marines foil train massacre in France - No FM2R
"He found the gun in a park and was going to rob people to get food".

In response. one of the men that foiled him queried where he had found the 8 magazines that he was also carrying, where the hand gun had come from and why he needed all that just to mug someone.
Latest Forum Posts