Non-motoring > Pressure washing cement tiled roof Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 5

Pressure washing cement tiled roof - bathtub tom
This seems to be a new fad round this way. Is there any point in it? From the muck and debris that gets blasted when I do my patio, I'd have thought there's quite a possibility of getting some of that muck and water inside the loft.

Is it the shonky salesman's new way of parting householders from their money?
 Pressure washing cement tiled roof - Mapmaker
>>s it the shonky salesman's new way of parting householders from their money?

Not that new...
 Pressure washing cement tiled roof - CGNorwich
The roof on my garage is covered in moss and debris from a large Oak tree behind it. I quite like the weathered look of it but I regularly get offers to "clean it and bring it up like new' Almost as irritating as those salesman offering to replace my rather nice wooden door with a horrid plastic one for "less than £1000"

Pressure washing cement tiled roof - Armel Coussine
Perhaps the tiles could be pressure-washed in the right direction - downwards as it were - to prevent water from getting under them? I assume what's being removed is moss and dust from the outside of the tiles anyway.

I've often noticed that professionals can be astoundingly stupid and incompetent with their own equipment. They think all they need is the equipment, brains are surplus to requirements and permanently switched off except when the bill is being calculated. Then they go into crazed creaking overdrive.
 Pressure washing cement tiled roof - martin aston
I've been pressure washing my good quality concrete paving slabs every year for the last 10 or so years. The first time the results were amazing however progressively the results have been poorer and they get dirty again more quickly. I reckon the pressure washer removes something protective from the surface or perhaps roughens it at a level invisible to the eye, allowing dirt to stick. I'd be very wary of the effect of pressure washing roof tiles. Worth doing a bit of research online to see if there is independent support for doing this without adverse effects on the tiles.
 Pressure washing cement tiled roof - MD
DON'T. Interlocking concrete tiles degrade, as do we all over time and their drainage channels become clogged with all manner of leaf debris and of cause their own erosion. Power washing them randomly may result in pushing 'stuff' upwards and or into the drainage channels and possibly in and over same. They are designed to accommodate a steady flow of water in most cases. Also concrete roof tiles are always laid to manufacturers recommended laps and always
fail to allow for areas of higher exposure. This is not helped by the modern habit of building shallow pitched rooves.

Where concrete tiles are concerned manufacturers advice regarding pitch and lap should be treated lightly.
Latest Forum Posts