Non-motoring > Recommend phone Computing Issues
Thread Author: Dave Replies: 18

Recommend phone - Dave
I'm looking for a small, tough, dual sim smart phone. Any recommendations?
 Recommend phone - Duncan
Link to PC Advisor:-

tinyurl.com/ncks36l

Several makes there that I've never heard of!
Last edited by: Duncan on Tue 1 Sep 15 at 09:42
 Recommend phone - Roger.
Amazon have this:--tinyurl.com/pmuv8ch
 Recommend phone - movilogo
Another vote for Moto G. I have single SIM 3G version but it is very good.

Recommend phone - Zero
>> Amazon have this:--tinyurl.com/pmuv8ch

5 inches. He wants small.
 Recommend phone - Zero
>> >> Amazon have this:--tinyurl.com/pmuv8ch
>>
>> 5 inches. He wants small.

meant to add, if 5" is small enough, the moto g is a great tough phone..
 Recommend phone - Bromptonaut
I have the previous version to that being cleared on and my son has that or a single sim variant of it. Both of us find them excellent, certainly superior to Mrs B's Samsung.
 Recommend phone - Mike H
+1.

I bought one as my first foray into the smart phone arena, and very pleased. Can sometimes be a little slow, but otherwise great for what I need.

The other benefit is that it comes with stock Android and no bloatware.

The only thing to beware of is that some of them, depending on where they were manufactured, have an odd bug where they "leak" data, for want of a better term, through the SIM card (and therefore eat into your data allowance) when they connect to wifi. I have to remember to turn my SIM data on and off when I connect to wifi. AFAIK it's only German market models that have this undesirable "feature", but with Amazon, it may be difficult to know where the stock is sourced from. I bought mine from Amazon Germany.

PS. It asks you which SIM you want to use when you first dial a number, and has the option to remember it which is really useful for me.
Last edited by: Mike H on Tue 1 Sep 15 at 17:35
 Recommend phone - MD
2nd hand Iphone.
 Recommend phone - Zero
iPhone with two simms?
 Recommend phone - Mapmaker
www.redmondpie.com/dual-sim-adapter-for-iphone-6-iphone-6-plus-now-available-video/

and many similar.
 Recommend phone - VxFan
The OP wants a small and tough smart phone though - of which the iPhone6 is neither.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 2 Sep 15 at 10:17
 Recommend phone - rtj70
That just lets you swap SIMs - they are not both active at the same time. Some dual SIM phones can even accept incoming calls when you're on another call. Many just have both SIMs active to allow phone calls/texts.
 Recommend phone - Zero
Fab, you really want your sim card hanging out the back of the phone.
 Recommend phone - VxFan
>> Fab, you really want your sim card hanging out the back of the phone.

To quote from the website:

"you slip on a nice little protective case to complete the dual-SIM contraption"
 Recommend phone - Zero

>> "you slip on a nice little protective case to complete the dual-SIM contraption"
>
The one they don't provide with it you mean? the one that wont fit because there is a contraption trapped round the back?
 Recommend phone - No FM2R
A bit of duct tape would work, and be quite in keeping with the contraption.
 Recommend phone - J Bonington Jagworth
Motorola moto E is pretty good too, and usefully cheaper. Slightly smaller screen (4.3") which may be preferable to OP.

www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-SM3812AE7F1-Moto-E-black/dp/B00KBHS4KU/ref=sr_1_3

My son has one from Carphone w****house for £8/month - he loves it.
 Recommend phone - Dave
Well in the end I binned the requirement for dual sim and bought an iphone 4s and a Griffin case. Its not too big, and it works with the izettle credit card reader I use.
Latest Forum Posts