Non-motoring > Easy jet squawk Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 28

Easy jet squawk - MD
Paris to Lisbon turning around now. 1 of several EJ flights to do so recently.
 Easy jet squawk - Zero
>> Paris to Lisbon turning around now. 1 of several EJ flights to do so recently.
>>

Second EJ to do an emergency landing at Nantes in 48 hours.
 Easy jet squawk - sherlock47
Flighty number or location? I cannot see it on FR24!

Looks as thgough may already have
landed?

fr.flightaware.com/live/flight/EZY3763

shows estimated Plus a a 180 turn!
Last edited by: sherlock47 on Mon 28 Sep 15 at 21:25
 Easy jet squawk - RattleandSmoke
Unless I am wrong, it must be a good ten years since their last big order, and those A319s must be getting quite worn now with all about pressurisation cycles they would have had.
 Easy jet squawk - Zero
10 years is nothing for the economic commercial life of an airliner.
 Easy jet squawk - sooty123
Aircraft can be run for quite some time it all depends on fatigue is flying hours. They generally stop flying because they become expensive to run rather than life ex.
 Easy jet squawk - Old Navy
They are probably throwing off some drunks.
 Easy jet squawk - Zero
>> They are probably throwing off some drunks.

It was a Paris to Lisbon flight, so they were french or Portuguese drunks.
A drunk is a drunk regardless of nationality.
 Easy jet squawk - Zero
less chance of loading one on at Paris than Glasgow tho
Or anywhere in the UK.
 Easy jet squawk - legacylad
Too much pastis
That's pastis, not pasty's ON
Zero is looking for a pie shop over in Motoring, no Pastis though he will be driving. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Mon 28 Sep 15 at 22:54
 Easy jet squawk - Zero
>> Zero is looking for a pie shop over in Motoring, no Pastis though he will
>> be driving. :-)

A good pie will do as it 'appens
 Easy jet squawk - legacylad
3.14% of sailors are Pi Rates
I understood that the economical life of an aircraft is also very much about flight cycles. That is why for example 747s tend to fly for a lot longer than say a 737 which will typically spend its life doing much shorter journeys but a lot more frequently.

The entire budget airlines business model is keeping the aircraft in the sky for as long as possible each day.
 Easy jet squawk - Ted

I heard the one that squawked over Manchester some days ago...I think it was a bird strike.

I was in the workshop and I thought it was someone close banging a bass drum. The lad 2 doors down has a kit in the garage. I went out but never looked up. Must have been circling over Chez Me.

It was only when I saw the NW news that I realised what the noise was.
 Easy jet squawk - Bromptonaut
>> Unless I am wrong, it must be a good ten years since their last big
>> order, and those A319s must be getting quite worn now with all about pressurisation cycles
>> they would have had.

According to Jethros the 319s were delivered between 2004 and 2011. Some of the 320s as recent as this year with more to come.

New model Neo versions are on order for delivery from 2017.
 Easy jet squawk - Cockle
They certainly have new aircraft coming on stream.

I flew back on a new A320 from Turkey in July, I asked how old it was and was told it had been on roster for three months. Had the new slimline seats which helped the legroom quite a bit, one of the most comfortable budget trips I've had.
>>Had the new slimline seats which helped the legroom quite a bit, one of the most comfortable
>> budget trips I've had.
>>

I have used an Easy Jet aircraft with those seats, non reclining and comfortable.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Tue 29 Sep 15 at 15:25
 Easy jet squawk - Alanovich
>> non reclining

This makes me want to fly with EasyJet. There is no person on Earth I hate more than the selfish pimple on humanity's bottom who reclines an airline seat in to my face. Except perhaps equally the parent who allows their child to shake my seat from behind and play with the fold down table persistently. Come the revolution, comrades. Come the revolution.

*rage*
 Easy jet squawk - mikeyb
Easyjet have a very modern fleet - average age is 6.3 years.

Compare that with BA's 12.9 years (and that figure has lowered due to many recent new arrivals in their fleet)
 Easy jet squawk - Fursty Ferret
>> Unless I am wrong, it must be a good ten years since their last big
>> order, and those A319s must be getting quite worn now with all about pressurisation cycles
>> they would have had.
>>

This isn't really an issue on modern aircraft. The aircraft in question has even survived me landing it, so I doubt the odd pressurisation cycle is going to have any impact.
 Easy jet squawk - Stuartli
>> Paris to Lisbon turning around now. 1 of several EJ flights to do so recently.>>

Pardon my ignorance, but why would EasyJet have a flight from Paris to Lisbon? Thought the airline operated from the UK to and from various overseas destinations?
Easyjet are UK based, but like many budget airlines they don't only operate in journeys that involve their home country.
 Easy jet squawk - Bromptonaut
Easy and Ryanair both have extensive networks between non UK/Eire destinations and fleet bases in mainland Europe. Easy also has a separate Swiss arm using its own flight code and HB registered planes.

www.easyjet.com/en/book/spring-flight-schedule - select flying from Paris Orly and you'll see the destinations offered.

In terms of reason why a flight may turn back or land off route most likely will be a medical emergency involving a passenger.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Tue 29 Sep 15 at 07:45
 Easy jet squawk - sherlock47
It finally landed in Lisbon about 1hr 40m after due time......... so 'problem' did not take that long to resolve.
 Easy jet squawk - Zero
80% of Squawks are pax issues. Land, get rid, and get on your way is the order of the day.

the other 15% are Ryan Air running lout of fuel, and demanding to given a vector straight for the airport
 Easy jet squawk - Stuartli
Many thanks for the explanations re Easyjet's operations abroad.
Latest Forum Posts