Non-motoring > Wrong planet. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 12

Wrong planet. - Old Navy
www.express.co.uk/news/politics/609781/Alex-Salmond-denied-entry-BA-flight-Star-Trek
 Wrong planet. - R.P.
What exactly wrong with this idiot ?
 Wrong planet. - Bromptonaut
Staff at other BA bases (Gatwick and City) knew about his using name Kirk for security reasons. Heathrow were caught out. Other reports suggest it took all of two minutes to resolve confusion.

Wrong planet. - Old Navy
Sounds like he is your hero Bromp. :-)
 Wrong planet. - Kevin
>Staff at other BA bases (Gatwick and City) knew about his using name Kirk for security reasons.

So what 'security reasons' were avoided by him booking his ticket in the name of a fictional TV-show character? Especially if everyone else but whoever was on the desk at Heathrow knew about it.

Attention-seeking prat.

When I pitch up at Heathrow tomorrow are they going to be as sympathetic if the name on my passport and ticket don't match?
 Wrong planet. - Armel Coussine
>> What exactly wrong with this idiot ?

Why do you call him an idiot Rob?

I think the Captain Kirk wheeze is charming.
 Wrong planet. - Manatee
>> I think the Captain Kirk wheeze is charming.

Well, he'll need a new wheeze now.
 Wrong planet. - Haywain
I suppose 'Scotty' would be too easy.
 Wrong planet. - Roger.
Saruman fits him better !
 Wrong planet. - martin aston
I am amazed that this apparently has worked on previous occasions and that even this time it seems he was allowed to fly. I believe us mere mortals (and earthlings) can be refused boarding if our ticket name isnt exactly as per our passport down to the last letter.
 Wrong planet. - Old Navy
Apparently in the past his protection officers vouched for him, now he is no longer first minister he has to carry his own bags.
 Wrong planet. - R.P.
and ego ? Bloomin' eck...
 Wrong planet. - PeterS
No passport required to get to Scotland though...yet...despite his efforts :)

At domestic gates they just compare the picture taken at security with whoever turns up at the gate. Assuming it's matches they just let you through don't they? Certainly the case at LGW...

Different if you're leaving the UK of course, and, I suppose, technically that's what Alex was trying to do ;)
Latest Forum Posts