Non-motoring > US Gun Control - Jim Jefferies. Car Deals
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 24

US Gun Control - Jim Jefferies. - No FM2R
Loads of bad language. You've been warned.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OZIOE6aMBk
Some of his stuff is not funny, but the gun control one is.
 US Gun Control - Jim Jefferies. - Pat
I've seen that before but it still made me laugh again!

Pat
 US Gun Control - Jim Jefferies. - Ambo
Hilarious. Less so two bits of information I got last week from an LA ex-college principal:

-California has strict gun control laws but they have made no difference to the supply of guns.

-American schools have a policeman on site. (The shape of things to come for our own schools?)

I knew their universities did. I attended a summer school a the University of Maine and found there were two, with separate houses at the main entrance, a proper police post and two prowl cars. They did in fact prowl the campus at night - I seems frat house residents can get badly out of hand.
 US Gun Control - Jim Jefferies. - Manatee
The recent Oregon shootings have boosted the sales of guns and ammo, and refuelled the arguments about whether students should be allowed to carry guns on campus.

At least one student bystander in the Oregon incident did have a concealed weapon (permitted in Oregon), reportedly, but that did not prevent or stop the attack. The perception is that any student holding a gun when the SWAT team arrives is likely be shot on sight.

Obama is right to regard this as a lunatic situation but it's hard to see what he could really do about it even if he had political support. Every time it looks as if the rules might be tightened, there's a surge in gun sales.
Gun control laws will work as well as Prohibition, the war on drugs or anything else aimed at supply control.

They should look at the "war" on smoking for ideas;

Significant taxation on guns, increasing restrictions on where you can use them, bring in severe penalties for misuse and advertise against them.
 US Gun Control - Jim Jefferies. - Armel Coussine
I did a long post about firearms a few days ago, I think in this thread, but it has vanished.

Have I been censored again? And if so, why? The post was pretty harmless I thought, specifying that the guns here are properly and legally kept.
 US Gun Control - Jim Jefferies. - Dog
>>Have I been censored again? And if so, why? The post was pretty harmless I thought, specifying that the guns here are properly and legally kept.

I remember reading that post Sire. Could it have been posted in another thread I wunder?
>> Could it have been posted in another thread

Perhaps, but I don't think so.
 US Gun Control - Jim Jefferies. - Manatee
This one?

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=20757&m=458351
 US Gun Control - Jim Jefferies. - Dog
That's the one I was a'thinking of.
Yes, that's the one. Duh! Apologies to the site.
>> Apologies to the site.

Why did that get an angry red face?
>> Why did that get an angry red face?

Let me put it succinctly then: who's the snivelling prat who can't write a post to say what they mean?
 US Gun Control - Jim Jefferies. - Alanovich
>> >> Could it have been posted in another thread
>>
>> Perhaps, but I don't think so.
>>

It's in the woodshed. You may need to employ "a man" to find it.
>> It's in the woodshed. You may need to employ "a man" to find it.

:o}

Big raspberry. You will just have to imagine all the swearing.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Wed 7 Oct 15 at 15:45
 US Gun Control - Jim Jefferies. - henry k
>> I knew their universities did. I attended a summer school a the University of Maine
>> and found there were two, with separate houses at the main entrance, a proper police
>> post and two prowl cars. They did in fact prowl the campus at night -
>> I seems frat house residents can get badly out of hand.
>>
A great friend of ours lives in Orono along the main road into the uni.
She has to endure some of the antics but all was quiet when we went to events at the uni.
 US Gun Control - Jim Jefferies. - Mapmaker
Is that funny? He had one joke, and then banged on for several minutes, relying mostly on the fact that the use of the naughty f word would make the audience laugh.
 US Gun Control - Jim Jefferies. - Duncan
His theme was presented in quite an amusing fashion, but I too thought, why all the swearing?
Americans are quite divided on firearms, with every possible attitude from frontier trigger-happy freedom to a disapproving total ban. I lean towards the first of these attitudes, but admit I have been alarmed once or twice by American insouciance with firearms.

Cormac McCarthy is very good indeed on guns. There are scenes in his masterpiece Blood Meridian that make my own blood run cold. I really fancy one of those Cavalry .455s but they must be valuable collector's pieces and anyway this country is very wimpish about pistols. Quite sensible really but doesn't suit me.
 US Gun Control - Jim Jefferies. - Ian (Cape Town)
Back to Jim Jeffries. And Guns.
Go look at his 'bladerunner' skit from later in the show.

He carries the accent quite well, I think.
 US Gun Control - Jim Jefferies. - Dutchie
If you want a gun for protection or shoot somebody nothing to stop you buying one.Drug control is a farce.A big house not far from me was hired out to a Taiwanese gang.They grew the cannabis plants for eighteen months.Neighbours complained about the smell to the police.Customer cars arriving day and night..It took the police eighteen months to get involved and shut the place down.

Americans won't give their guns up no matter what Obama tries to do.Like the funny man says they like guns.

>> Cavalry .455s

They took some time to reload though, with the powder, ball and wads having to be rammed into the cylinder and percussion caps fitted on the nipples. Gunmen used to carry spare charged cylinders, five or six chamber, because the cylinder could be changed quickly.

Those pistols must have had an enormous kick. I so fancy one.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Mon 4 Jan 16 at 19:42
 US Gun Control - Jim Jefferies. - Slidingpillar
I remember a muzzle loader being loaded with a candle as the projectile. It was fired through several sheets of plywood as part of a Christmas lecture given by a somewhat 'interesting' professor at the University of Salford. The bang broke an overhead light too.
Point missed, I would say.

www.nytimes.com/2016/01/07/us/georgia-town-teaches-fight-back-as-option-in-mass-shootings.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0
Latest Forum Posts