Non-motoring > The C4P Christmas Tree Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 83

The C4P Christmas Tree - Zero

Here is where you leave gifts under this for other members of the forum.

Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 23 Dec 15 at 10:21
 For Pat - Zero
onlinegame.truck-nation.net
 For Everyone - Crankcase
Take your pick as to which you fancy.

www.fancydress.com/costumes/Masquerade/5~370~0~1~0~60~312~~?

Oh, and Happy Christmas to one and all too.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Sun 20 Dec 15 at 17:19
 For Everyone - NortonES2
www.jasminesilk.com/silk-beauty-cocoons/p35 For non-truckers?
Last edited by: NortonES2 on Sun 20 Dec 15 at 18:03
 For Everyone - smokie
Some will appreciate it more than others...

tinyurl.com/oqycgh5
 For Everyone - tyrednemotional
....and if you buy it on-line, you can avoid the queueing!

For NoFM2R - Crankcase
Specially selected for Mark. Hope you like it.

tinyurl.com/pmmkgza
 For NoFM2R - Robin O'Reliant
www.totally-funky.co.uk/PROD4946/Beer-Holster
 For NoFM2R - Zero
>> www.totally-funky.co.uk/PROD4946/Beer-Holster

Oooo I want one of those.
 For NoFM2R - Kevin
If he's off camping and making margaritas one of these might come in handy:

tinyurl.com/oofhn5p
 For NoFM2R - Dog
>>Specially selected for Mark. Hope you like it.

>>tinyurl.com/pmmkgza

£8.50 .. blimey, think I'll buy a couple, even though I've still got a few 'airs left.
 For No FM2R - VxFan
www.findmeagift.co.uk/gifts/swear-box-tin.html
 Another one for No FM2R - Alanovich
www.amazon.co.uk/Kebab-Rotisserie-Grill-Homemade-Posner/dp/B00LEGAGGW
 Another one for No FM2R - Dog
And another one for the Chilean spleen venter:

www.zazzle.com/save_your_spleen_slogan_tees-235106922536766328
 For WdB - Zero
www.vauxhall-accessories.com/vauxhall-griffin-heritage-lapel-pin-badge
 For WdB - Runfer D'Hills
www.shotdeadinthehead.com/five-things-i-like-cars-t-shirt.html
 For WdB - Runfer D'Hills
www.shotdeadinthehead.com/grumpy-old-man-club-t-shirt.html

Edit - not particularly for WDB, ( either of them ) but I missed the header...
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Sun 20 Dec 15 at 19:51
 For WdB - WillDeBeest
Lovely, Z - all that style and heritage for £2.95. Now I just need somewhere to stick it.
 For WdB - CGNorwich
tinyurl.com/oxd6f83
 For Zero - CGNorwich
The tartan ones are hide to find.

www.fruugo.co.uk/aladdin-heritage-vacuum-bottle-07l-plaid/p-4248699-9797206?gclid=COSSjsmc68kCFYOfGwodvJ8J5w
 For Zero - Zero
>> The tartan ones are hide to find.
>>
>> www.fruugo.co.uk/aladdin-heritage-vacuum-bottle-07l-plaid/p-4248699-9797206?gclid=COSSjsmc68kCFYOfGwodvJ8J5w

47 quid? JM&J. Really you shouldnt.
 For Zero - VxFan
>> 47 quid?

Mine to you is cheaper.

www.amazon.co.uk/Train-Spotter-Silver-Travel-Steel/dp/B00PY9ITZK
 For Zero - CGNorwich
Cheapskate!
 For Zero - tyrednemotional
...surely, this would be far more appropriate....

tinyurl.com/MrKnowwun

;-)
 For Zero - Zero
i thank you both
 To who it may concern - henry k
tinyurl.com/o37fy2h
 Rattle - henry k
www.redbubble.com/people/godgeeki/works/6304420-save-the-panda?grid_pos=215&p=t-shirt
 Rattle - Runfer D'Hills
>> www.redbubble.com/people/godgeeki/works/6304420-save-the-panda?grid_pos=215&p=t-shirt
>>

Want one !
 Another pressie for Rattle - VxFan
www.amazon.co.uk/Strength-Permanent-Filling-Cement-Material/dp/B009P4IDXS
 For Lud - VxFan
www.amazon.co.uk/Senior-Moments-Memory-Loss-Mints/dp/B00FA2OO0A
 For Mrs D'hills - Robin O'Reliant
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Car-Door-Mirror-fits-driver-or-passenger-door-on-any-car-/181963551312?hash=item2a5ddf7250:g:BDAAAOSwq5lTrW51
 For Mrs D'hills - Runfer D'Hills
10 available I see. Wonder if there would be a bulk discount?
 For Mr D'Hills - Bobby
Take yir pick

www.clarks.co.uk/c/sale
 For Mr D'Hills - Runfer D'Hills
Have you ever actually bought a pair of shoes that were priced in decimal currency Bobby?

;-)
 For Mr D'Hills - Bobby
I only buy when the price is in red......
 For Mr D'Hills - Crankcase
Thanks for the link, Bobby. This pair is about my price bracket. Honestly, why not - I can wear those in the office for a year, which about as long as they last before needing a clean, and get another pair then. The dirty ones get relegated to be garden shoes at that point, and last another year or two.

www.clarks.co.uk/p/20332616

For Mr D'Hills - tyrednemotional
....I've corrected the link for you.....

www.clarks.co.uk/p/26105931

....but I agree, a nice, cheap, sober pair of office shoes for you.

For Mr D'Hills - Crankcase
Alas, they are not in my size.
Oh cheers CC ! I hadn't needed my special pills for weeks now...

aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh !
 For Mr D'Hills - legacylad
Which reminds me I need some good quality brown casual shoes.. I have a few pairs of smart black brogue type ( and ex RAF parade shoes ). Trail shoes are ok, for knocking around in, and I have some Vans for warmer climes, but any recommendations for walking to the pub in lashing rain shoes please?
And not brown Hunters!
 For Mr D'Hills - Alanovich
>> Which reminds me I need some good quality brown casual shoes.. I have a few
>> pairs of smart black brogue type ( and ex RAF parade shoes ). Trail shoes
>> are ok, for knocking around in, and I have some Vans for warmer climes, but
>> any recommendations for walking to the pub in lashing rain shoes please?
>> And not brown Hunters!
>>

My Rockports are great for that.

www.johnlewis.com/rockport-rugged-bucks-waterproof-plaintoe-shoes-dark-brown/p1975664
Thanks. Unfortunately out of stock... Otherwise.
I shall look elsewhere when more time
Timberland 6" boot LL.
Thanks but I specifically asked for casual brown shoes. Preferably reasonably waterproof.
Are you promoting these boots now that the summer sandal trade has finished?
 For Mr D'Hills - No FM2R
>>but any recommendations for walking to the pub in lashing rain shoes please?

Timberland or Columbia boots. I have both and love both.
 For Mr D'Hills - No FM2R
>>casual brown shoes

Oh.
I forgot ( he's quite, well, old....)

;-)
I have boots in abundance. Everything from lightweight Hi Tec unlined leather to LA Sportiva Nepal GTX for heavy rain!
Might have a look at Keen for casual brown leather shoes.
 For Mr D'Hills - Dog
>>I have boots in abundance. Everything from lightweight Hi Tec unlined leather to LA Sportiva Nepal GTX for heavy rain!

Shame you pensioners can't afford a decent pair of boots. I recently bought a pair of Meindl hiking boots and they are soooooooooo comfortable straight out of the box.

They are lined with mammary foam and literally soak up the Cornish miles like no other boots in the Galaxy.
 For Mr D'Hills - Bromptonaut
If office garb were still required on me a couple of pairs of these would do for next seven or eight years:

www.clarks.co.uk/p/20356568

Waiting for WdeB's further quips on my sartorial tastes......
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Tue 22 Dec 15 at 14:16
 For Mr D'Hills - Zero

>> Waiting for WdeB's further quips on my sartorial tastes......

thank your lucky stars you didn't buy a Vauxhall as well.
Ye gods they're ugly Bromp !
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Tue 22 Dec 15 at 14:38
This is Berlingo man, Runfer. Clarks are standard issue. I thought I was the bloke that style forgot.....although I expect you'd approve of the beige M&S tank top I'm wearing today.

;-)
Last edited by: Alanović on Tue 22 Dec 15 at 14:40
And you think Timberlands send mixed messages?

Erm, ooookaaaay...

;-)
 For Mr D'Hills - Armel Coussine
My all-purpose white moccasins are extremely hard-wearing in all weathers. But I don't clean them and they aren't looking very white any more. Mellow and functional. I used to fancy they looked flash but frankly they don't in their present state.

Of course Humph they aren't proper shoes let alone those po-faced brown jobs. They have moulded rubber soles.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Tue 22 Dec 15 at 14:58
>> those po-faced brown jobs

Dunno why, but I don't like sensible shoes. I know heavy brown brogues properly maintained will last almost a lifetime, but they aren't nearly flash enough for me.

I've had proper all-leather moccasins both white and brown, but they couldn't take the treatment and didn't last. Even my very good West End black lace-up shoes were never quite the same again after getting caked with mud in Algeria.
At any one time, I have in the region of 50 pairs of footwear in reasonably regular use. Never wear the same pair all day or on consecutive days.

More boots than shoes on average, almost never 'trainers' unless I'm um, training.
 For Mr D'Hills - Mapmaker
>> At any one time, I have in the region of 50 pairs of footwear

You are Imelda and I claim my £5.
 For Mr D'Hills - sooty123
>> At any one time, I have in the region of 50 pairs of footwear in
>> reasonably regular use. Never wear the same pair all day or on consecutive days.

50?! Are you a collector or you got some sort of fetish going on?
Last edited by: sooty123 on Tue 22 Dec 15 at 15:24
He just knocks them off from work, like normal folks do with biros.
>> 50?! Are you a collector or you got some sort of fetish going on?

He's a shoe merchant sooty, didn't you know?

Quite fancy a pair of those Western-villain high-heeled black snakeskin boots... You haven't got a spare pair in size 8/9 going free have you Humph?
>> >> 50?! Are you a collector or you got some sort of fetish going on?
>>
>>
>> He's a shoe merchant sooty, didn't you know?
>>

Even so that's an enormous amount. Each to their own, some collect cars, some stamps, some collect shoes. Never heard of a man doing it though.

I think I've about half a dozen pairs of footware. God alone knows where id put 50!
 For Mr D'Hills - No FM2R
>>I have in the region of 50 pairs of footwear in reasonably regular use

That's a lot. I probably have a total of 8 pairs of black or brown smart shoes, 3 or so pairs of deck shoe type things with graduated level of decency, half a dozen pairs of boots and an assortment of reef sandals and similar.

And i thought that was a lot.
Erm, I have more than 30 pairs of jeans too...👖
>> Erm, I have more than 30 pairs of jeans too.

No doubt you need fresh gear daily to dazzle yr clients Humph.

I suppose I must have half a dozen pairs of shoes in the cupboard, but I wear the white pampooties nearly all the time. Of course if I try I can look respectable, but it doesn't come all that naturally these days. It did when I was young, but that was ages ago.

As for trousers, my two or three pairs have a small rip on the front of the left thigh, except for the slightly nasty shiny ones I'm wearing now. Can't imagine why.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Tue 22 Dec 15 at 15:59
>> And i thought that was a lot.
>>

It is. But I reckon my pair of Tartan Converse All Stars trumps the lot.
Actually they sound fine AV. Everyone should have at least one pair of "Skanky Connies"
The women and girls in my immediate family go in for hard, very high-heeled platform shoes that make them seem tall and make a terrible clomping noise on the floor upstairs.
>> This is Berlingo man, Runfer.

Regrettably, I'm now ex Berlingo man.

Roomster man though is probably hewn from similar rock.
Even a Roomster is a bit too stylish for those shoes...

;-)
 For Mr D'Hills - WillDeBeest
Sorry, Bromp, I'm lost for words. Humph has it about right, though.

OK, I'll try. What are shoes like that for? They're black, which suggests they want to be paired with pressed wool trousers and a proper shirt; office clothes, in other words. But they have plastic soles an inch thick, which you'd need only if your office was on the far side of a ploughed field. And they are gobsmackingly ugly. They'd be fine for gardening, but then they wouldn't need to be black - unless you do guerrilla gardening in the dark. Or they'd be OK for school, because you have to walk there and play football at lunchtime and you'll grow out of them in six months anyway so there's no point in buying anything decent - only you're fifty-flippin'-five.

So if the office requires you to be smart - those aren't. And if it's casual, why buy black? (You don't wear black shoes at weekends - do you?) At best they'd make you look like a teenager at a wedding, reluctantly wearing a charity shop tie with the bottom half of his school uniform. Just wrong.

Will that do?
}:---)
AC, if you want boots like you suggested have a look at the skull toe tip ones, as worn by the Cousins in Breaking Bad. Designed, and sold, by Brevard, whom I'm sure Runfer has heard of.
Not cheap though.
Just to clarify, Brevard make the silver skulls to fit the boots. Although they would look mighty strange on a pair of 6'' Timberland boots!
Watch this space for a press cutting about a pensioner who's put his curious-looking car through the window of a poodle parlour because his silver boot ornament got jammed in the accelerator pedal.
>> Or they'd be OK for school, because you have to walk there.

Nail, head almost hit.

London commuters don't just walk from kitchen to car and from office car park to desk.

Everyone who lives in suburban London has a hike to tube or bus stop and another hike at the town end. Before I managed to afford a Brompton I walked from Euston to Lincoln's Inn and back every day. Also enjoyed a lunch time leg stretch up to St Pauls or maybe over Waterloo Bridge to Lower Marsh and the transport bookshop.

Clarks urban walking shoes, of which those active airs are the current iteration, were made for the job.
London commuters don't just walk...

Nope, you're going to need a better hammer than that. I walk plenty in my leather-soled Loakes - typically 3-4 km at lunchtimes, plus the rigours of driving there and back, which isn't kind to shoes. I have four pairs and each one typically lasts two years before needing a £70 factory refurb - probably about the interval at which you'd be replacing Chinese Clarks. The chukka boots I wear at weekends have Dainite rubber soles, which seem well-nigh indestructible - but can still be replaced when they do eventually wear out.

In contrast, Beestling Major walks about 1.5km each way to and from his school bus stop. His latest pair of Clarks disintegrated in six months. He's now too big for their school range but I balked at paying £95 for their adult styles, which are no better made. He's moving on to size 46 Eccos now, which have at least a bit of quality about them - until his feet stop growing and we can get him to - ironically, it's just occurred to me - Northampton.
 For Mr D'Hills - Zero
>> If office garb were still required on me a couple of pairs of these would
>> do for next seven or eight years:
>>
>> www.clarks.co.uk/p/20356568
>>
>> Waiting for WdeB's further quips on my sartorial tastes......

no wonder you never made it through selection to the higher echelons of the CS - Hardly Humphrey Appleby are they
All kidding aside, it used to be said that if you want to get along with your colleagues, then dress as the group dress, but if you want to be the boss, then dress like a boss.

No idea if it has any effect ( particularly in the modern world ) but you never know...

Having said all the above, I can't talk, I've not worn anything smarter than good quality jeans, T-shirts, casual shirts and casual boots for work in decades.

Maybe I should !
>> If office garb were still required on me a couple of pairs of these would
>> do for next seven or eight years:
>>
>> www.clarks.co.uk/p/20356568

Looks like something that would be issued to the Bulgarian civil service. In about 1975.
 For Mr D'Hills - Bobby
I know we joke about this but I genuinely don't care about clothing, fashion, or how I look. Yes I will make sure I am presentable but labels, fashions etc are totally lost on me. In fact I think there is an inner hatred of labels that has meant that over the years, as people have told me to buy better clothes, I have rebelled and refused to do so. The missus has long given up on trying to change me!

For work, it is black Matalan £20 trousers with a M&S shirt (3 for £15). Shoes are black Clarks with rubber soles bought in the Xmas sales. Jacket is usually a black softshell Berghaus or Craghoppers.

When I get home, if I am just kicking about the house its a pair of £6 joggers and a T shirt. If going out I have 2 pairs of blue jeans, one pair of black jeans, a dress pair of trousers and a pair of chinos.

Shoes wise, work shoes, brown boots, walking type shoes or walking boots for the dog walk. In fact, I have 3 pairs of cycling shoes - more than I have normal shoes!

I must be the polar opposite to Humph but I would rather spend my money on technology, gadgets, weekends away etc rather than clothes. But I don't have an issue with anyone who does want to spend hundreds of pounds on clothes that they could get for tens of pounds but each to their own.
 The C4P Christmas Tree - Mapmaker
This is for all of us. Or most of us anyway, I think we'd have a heck of a lot of fun with them:

www.cracked.com/article_19481_the-8-most-wildly-irresponsible-vintage-toys.html

Nobel laureates remember...

Nikolay Semenov (1956)

'It was the greatest puzzle that sodium, this flammable and malleable metal, and chlorine, this extremely reactive gas, formed innocent table salt. To check this out, I bought a piece of sodium, burned it in chlorine gas, and re-crystalised the precipitate. It was a white powder which I poured over a big slice of bread and it was table salt indeed, the best kind.'

www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/issues/2007/december/thechemistrysetgeneration.asp
Last edited by: Mapmaker on Wed 23 Dec 15 at 13:19
 The C4P Christmas Tree - Focusless
>> This is for all of us. Or most of us anyway, I think we'd have
>> a heck of a lot of fun with them:
>>
>> www.cracked.com/article_19481_the-8-most-wildly-irresponsible-vintage-toys.html

That Austin Magic Pistol (#2) looks awesome - the muzzle velocity of the ping pong ball in the video is pretty high.
 The C4P Christmas Tree - Robin O'Reliant
This particular toy was withdrawn after it caused uproar among parents. The link does contain some adult material (As if that will stop you lot opening it) -

www.sodahead.com/living/mattel-vibrating-broomstick-is-a-big-hit-amongst-teen-girls-are-their-parents-clueless/question-14467/
 For Dog - Crankcase
Thanks for the link in the other thread to the Crowley film Dog. Here's one for you. I reckon you might well enjoy this if you've not seen it. I liked it a lot, but then I liked the whole escapade from day one in 1977 and it was my fault the blinking thing all went wrong at the end, so I have an interest anyway.

It's in bits, I suppose to stop the BBC pulling it, but the full thing isn't on iplayer anymore.

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL33618165C0AF56C1

Latest Forum Posts