Non-motoring > Amazon Prime Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 19

Amazon Prime - Bobby
I took the free 30 days prime membership when I bought something late Nov (I think).
Have since ordered a variety of items from headlight bulbs to Versace watch and everything in between.

Last week we needed a new toilet roll holder. Looked on Amazon, ordered one and it was delivered to my work the next day and I took it home and fitted it. Realistically I wouldn't have got near a B&Q or Argos to get one in that time. And without the Prime, I probably wouldn't have even thought of Amazon.

However about 6pm on Sun night, the bit that holds the actual bog roll broke. So I went onto Amazon app on my phone, reported this as wanting a replacement part, got an email back immediately saying they would send out a new one and I had to return the existing one within 30 days or my account would be debited for it. An hour later get another email saying not to send it back and just to dispose of it.

At 10am on the Monday morning new loo roll holder arrives at work!

Now I know they have dubious tax practices, and probably pay below living wages and prob whip their staff and pull out their fingernails one by one, but they deliver an absolutely blinking great service!

Amazon Prime - tyrednemotional
...Thank You...... I'll certainly consider them if I ever have an emergency need for a bog-roll holder. :-s
 Amazon Prime - Falkirk Bairn
Surely it was a pfd service you needed!
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 22 Dec 15 at 12:59
 Amazon Prime - legacylad
Don't you have a floor in your toilet? That's where my loo roll sits.
Such frippery.
 Amazon Prime - Crankcase
I've had two bad Amazon experiences in the last couple of weeks, both to do with delivery times and places going horribly wrong. In both cases they were superficially apologetic but not actually prepared to refund postage or make a partial Prime credit.

However, I've also twice had an experience similar to the good one above. Overall, I guess I keep using them.

Amazon Prime - Dog
The missus has Prime which she mainly uses for ebooks. I've used it to order 'stuff' on a Saturday and it's arrived on Sunday. Not all 'stuff' is available to order on Prime of course. We've only had positive results with using Prime, so far.
 Amazon Prime - Focusless
>> The missus has Prime which she mainly uses for ebooks.

Don't know if it's still running but when I was trialling it last year I could usually select 'not urgent' on deliveries and get a credit towards (selected?) ebooks.
 Amazon Prime - Dog
>>Don't know if it's still running but when I was trialling it last year I could usually select 'not urgent' on deliveries and get a credit towards (selected?) ebooks.

Cheers, I'll run that by her. She got two books from a place called a library on Monday, reckons they would have cost her £16 on her paperwhite!!
 Amazon Prime - CGNorwich
I would think Bog Standard delivery would suffice.
 Amazon Prime - henry k
Just seen an amusing (greetings/?) card
A cat looking at a prostrate large Macaw lying in front of it.
I asked for a present from Amazon .com.

Hat n coat.
 Amazon Prime - Alastairw
I've had prime for a couple of weeks, and suspect I will pay to keep it as service has been faultless so far (Sunday deliveries are a boon). Next step is to get a child of my acquaintance to show me how to download TV progs and so forth so that I'm ready for the beginning of 'not top gear'.
 Amazon Prime - Crankcase
Not due until next Autumn so you have plenty of time.
 Amazon Prime - Slidingpillar
As an accident of when I ordered my hair trimmer, ie a very quiet time, I got next day for free without signing my life away for prime.

Gave them a stinging packaging review very recently though on a book. Only reasons I didn't send the book back was the proximity to Christmas the fact I worked out an all bit invisible repair to the damage dust jacket and the fact their standard packaging would likely to repeat the damage on the replacement. Paperbacks are fine, it's their hardback packaging that sucks.
 Amazon Prime - mikeyb
Funny you say that i ordered a book a week or so back and it was badly packaged - in to big a box with very little else in the box to stop it banging about. It was a hardback and there were quite a few small marks / indentations in it. I also left poor feedback for packaging.

I'm currently on Amazon Student and thinks its worth the money, in fact have ordered quite a few xmas gifts. Also taken advantage of the no rush delivery in exchange for the digital credit
 Amazon Prime - rtj70
>> Next step is to get a child of my acquaintance to show me how to download TV frogs

At the moment, can't you only stream these? There is no offline viewing. I assume you either use a FireTV, an app on a tablet or a web browser.
 Amazon Prime - WillDeBeest
Frogs?
 Amazon Prime - mikeyb

>> At the moment, can't you only stream these? There is no offline viewing. I assume
>> you either use a FireTV, an app on a tablet or a web browser.
>>

You can download and watch "some" off line, but only on a mobile / ipad, not on your PC
 Amazon Prime - Alastairw
You are probably right. This is why I require education from my child. Wouldn't mind a look at The Man In The High Castle.
 Amazon Prime - rtj70
Episode 1 is free. They hope to hook you I assume. Series 2 confirmed apparently.
 Amazon Prime - Rudedog
Looks good, an adaptation of a very good book by one of my favourite authors - Philip K Dick.
Latest Forum Posts