Non-motoring > Happy Christmas Buying / Selling
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 26

Happy Christmas - No FM2R
..to you all.

I don't necessarily like, respect or admire everybody here. And absolutely I do not agree with many opinions here. Although there are those, people and opinions, that I absolutely align with.

However, everybody here has a strong personality and is a strong character. And the world *absolutely* needs strong personalities and characters, even difficult [and wrong] ones. And I have learned something from every one of you at one time or another

So, quite sincerely, Happy Christmas to all and each of you.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Fri 25 Dec 15 at 18:57
 Happy Christmas - zippy
Merry Christmas one and all!
 Happy Christmas - Robin O'Reliant
Happy Christmas from me, too.
 Happy Christmas - rtj70
Nadolig llawen a blwyddyn newydd dda i bawb :-)
 Happy Christmas - R.P.
Ditto...and from the depths of a soggy Sir Fôn...
 Happy Christmas - Armel Coussine
>> So, quite sincerely, Happy Christmas to all and each of you.

Jays you're a hard man FMR so you are... the Day of Judgement has nothing on you comrade. Nevertheless you admit reluctantly that we're better than nothing, and for that I (and others no doubt) am truly grateful.

:o}

In truth I hope the weather is being reasonable in your long thin country of residence and that you and yours are having a good time.

Happy Christmas to everyone here goes without saying, but one might as well say it.
 Happy Christmas - Zero

>> I don't necessarily like,

>> So, quite sincerely, Happy Christmas to all and each of you.

Good Lord, has a bunch of people ever been graced with such feint praise.
 Happy Christmas - Dutchie
Happy Christmas and the best to you all,It is difficult to like or dislike people you never see or have a conversation with.The written word is strange.
 Happy Christmas - Manatee
A great day here, 5 adults richly rewarded by the presence of a charming, lively and intelligent 14 month old.

4 of us made the Christmas dinner together (the other took the baby out in her pushchair for her midday nap) so as not to lumber anyone with all the work.

I hope you all had ax good a day. Merry Christmas.
 Happy Christmas - Ted

May I offer my most earnest contrafibulations to you all....albeit a bit late in the day.

There's not a soul here who I'm sure I wouldn't enjoy a pint with............as long as I'm not paying !

Good luck for 2016 too.
 Happy Christmas - Dog
Today's Bing page is worth having a gander at. Click the pressie icon at the bottom RH corner, and then each individual icon beginning wiv the LH one + sound on. Somewhere op North apparently :)

www.bing.com/

Happy Christmas - legacylad
There is definitely no snow in Knaresborough at the moment. A place I know well. I used to woo the exex by taking her rowing on the river, and as a child had regular Sunday lunches with my parents at the Dower House. The previous owner of my house used to work the signal box there, and I had a shop in Wetherby for several years, only a few miles away.
And Old Mother Shiptons Cave of course, which rather neatly brings me back to rowing on the river with ...
 Happy Christmas - tyrednemotional

>> And Old Mother Shiptons Cave of course, which rather neatly brings me back to rowing
>> on the river with ...

....were you petrified of your exex.......

;-)
Best friends actually...invited to a party at her home today if I want. Strange but true.
 Happy Christmas - Ian (Cape Town)
>> There is definitely no snow in Knaresborough at the moment.

The greatest gift they'll get this year is ?
 Happy Christmas - tyrednemotional
....to be in Yorkshire......
 Happy Christmas - Ian (Cape Town)
aaah, Yorkshire.
I've just been out to the local to watch a few chaps from Yorkshire - and some others - on telly.
Sadly, there's a bit of rain in the way.
Hopefully the sun will be shining soon.
A few days at Newlands next week, I hope.
 Happy Christmas - Dutchie
It is dry at the moment here in East Yorkshire.Lot's of rain overnight and wind.Won't affect the Humber it is a tidal Esturary.Storm plus springtide and tidal surge is the time to worry about the Humber and flooding.You have to feel sorry for people affected by the weather and houses under water.

Dredging divert rivers and create floodbanks may some of the answers to stop flooding happening again.Not easy and cheap to do.
 Happy Christmas - Bromptonaut
>> Dredging divert rivers and create floodbanks may some of the answers to stop flooding happening
>> again.Not easy and cheap to do.

Problem in some places in last 3 weeks is that defences built 10yrs ago to cover all but one in one hundred year storms were overtopped. Banks, floodwalls etc only move water around; you cannot make it go away.
 Happy Christmas - Runfer D'Hills
Happy Christmas indeed ! ( starting now anyway )

The last of "them" left about an hour ago...

;-)
 Happy Christmas - Bromptonaut
Message as Runfer's. My lot round yesterday but only for day. On stand down now until Tuesday when Mrs B's extended family arrive.

Turkey has been stripped of all edible meat (most of it frozen) and carcass is boiling in the stockpot. Not the earliest we've achieved that, done occasionally on Xmas night, but well ahead of average.

Major omission yesterday was lack of a Christmas Pud. Made 11 months in advance it must have fermented or something - what was left was inedible goo.
 Happy Christmas - WillDeBeest
Bad luck, Bromp - but full marks for trying to make your own; not something I've ever attempted.

Our pud was a Tesco premium one, BBE March 2014, so probably of 2012 vintage. Not the oldest we've had by any means but the last one in the cupboard. I gave it a good dose of warmed Metaxa and a match and it went very well. Had a lefover slice for breakfast today. Must forage this week for next year's.

Turkey was stripped and the bones in the pressure cooker before bed last night. I enforce a strict no-cooking rule on Boxing Day.
Last edited by: WillDeBeest on Sat 26 Dec 15 at 17:59
 Happy Christmas - John Boy
>> Our pud was a Tesco premium one, BBE March 2014, so probably of 2012 vintage.
>>
That makes me feel better! I'm notorious at home for being cavalier about those dates. I'll check back tomorrow though, WBD, just to make sure you're still here.
:)
 Happy Christmas - Armel Coussine
There's a Christmas pudding in the fridge that I've been eyeing longingly for what seems years and years, but I suppose is only one year or even less.

We may be going to have it tonight. I so hope that if we do it will be all right. Hot spoon, brandy, tsk, a woman's work is never done, I do hope Herself added more brandy to the brandy butter as I ordered her to a couple of hours ago.

Alas though, she was undoubtedly stingy. Her mother who had suffered a sporadically drunken husband didn't like men getting merry even at holidays, and she's naturally parsimonious, a good characteristic. Dunno how she stands me.
No consolation Runfer, but I was just getting out of bed at that time. Down the pub with friends at 4:30 for three hours then home in time to watch Toy Story 2.
Just a perfect day.....
 Happy Christmas - Ted

Crept out of bed at about 1015 hrs today. Beat SWM to it for once. Coffee then a bit more clearing...not much to do. Read the paper, more coffee and pottering 'til 1500 for the City match. Tuned the PC in an hour early and caught the last 30 mins of United's defeat by Stoke.

Swm made bubble & squeak with yesterday's veg and we added turkey and ham slices. Proper grub ! Nothing on telly worth watching for me so I came up at 2230, watched the news and some of MOTD.

Never in all my time in the city have I seen the River Irwell, dividing the twin cities, so high and fast ! Friends who live in Cumbria with the River Lyvennet lapping at their door even rang to see if we were safe. No chance of flood here with an 8 ft railway cutting at the end of the garden !
Ted, you missed Toy Story 2. Not your cup of Darjeeling?

Talking of which, Rick Astley's mate called round on Christmas Eve and asked to borrow some Pixar films. Sure he said, you can have Finding Nemo & Toy Story. But I'm never going to give you Up.

Chuckle chuckle
Latest Forum Posts