Non-motoring > Oh no - Lemmy! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: WillDeBeest Replies: 13

Oh no - Lemmy! - WillDeBeest
Pat revived her Hammersmith thread to mention it but he deserves a thread to himself. He may have done well not to die much younger but he certainly lived fast enough for three.

There were signs of fallibility in the Glastonbury performance, but this year's new studio album, Bad Magic, is vintage stuff. Still had it, right to the end.
 Oh no - Lemmy! - sooty123
An rip thread where I've actually heard of the person. I think he was on TG once, seemed a nice sort of chap. Not really into that sort of music but I've listened to some of it. Seemed fairly decent stuff. I'm sure he'll be missed.
 Oh no - Lemmy! - Harleyman
Guardian's obituary gives a far better perspective of the man; he always had greater depth as a person than his stage presence suggested.

www.theguardian.com/music/2015/dec/29/lemmy-lead-singer-of-motorhead-dies-at-70-after-battle-with-cancer

Saw Motorhead twice at de Montfort hall, Leicester; first time was on the Ace of Spades tour when the band were arguably at their peak creatively and musically; it was superb. Second time, a few years later, lacked the spark.

Kind of ironic that he went so quickly after diagnosis. fast to the end.
 Oh no - Lemmy! - Dog
"He attended Ysgol Syr Thomas Jones school in Amlwch, Wales, where he was nicknamed Lemmy, although he is unsure why; it would later be claimed that the name originated from the phrase "lemmy [lend me] a quid 'til Friday"

:)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemmy
 Oh no - Lemmy! - Robin O'Reliant
I never realised he was a member of Hawkwind.
 Oh no - Lemmy! - Zero
>> I never realised he was a member of Hawkwind.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTf5JCCicBo

And then you tube pointed me to this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF2ODWluPlY
 Oh no - Lemmy! - Armel Coussine
>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF2ODWluPlY

Heh heh... a real s***kicker, great stuff.
I haven't a clue which musician is James Last though.

I suspect he may be the very flash high-speed electric guitar man. He's OK but not a patch on the demented Johnny Winter, who could play more distinct separate notes in a second than Beelzebub himself.

My favourite individual musician is the pianist. But the band is terrific and so is that number, chapeau!
 Oh no - Lemmy! - Robin O'Reliant
>> I haven't a clue which musician is James Last though.
>>
>> >>
He is the conductor.
Thanks RO'R, the portly cat in the white tails bopping discreetly on the spot, rather well actually, in front of the band then. It did occur to me that it might be him.
>> portly cat in the white tails bopping discreetly

Not tails though, and not very portly either. Must be thinking of someone else.

I'd forgotten how very long some people used to wear their hair, and how tidy they kept it.
 Oh no - Lemmy! - Zero

>> And then you tube pointed me to this
>>
>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF2ODWluPlY

OMG - it gets worse

youtu.be/g503fR3BvVk?t=143
 Oh no - Lemmy! - Dog
I actually liked this 'ere classical rock stuff which came about in the 70's, I believe. I even had some of the LP's.

I'll wager Lessfocus likes it ;)
Last edited by: Dog on Tue 29 Dec 15 at 14:44
 Oh no - Lemmy! - Focusless
Oi! I hope you're confusing me with someone else :)
Latest Forum Posts