Non-motoring > Greets! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 15

Greets! - Roger.
No - not the weepies, but greetings to all forum members and hoping that 2016 will meet their aspirations.
In other words - Happy New Year!
 Greets! - Robin O'Reliant
And to you and everybody else, Roger.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Qbzc1Xn7Q
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Thu 31 Dec 15 at 18:45
 Greets! - Armel Coussine
Yeah, and so on.
 Greets! - Manatee
Happy New Year of course.

Quiet night in here, with a heavy cold, Christmas cake, Wensleydale cheese, and a glass of port that should complement the effect of Sudafed capsules!
 Greets! - Roger.
We've eaten our 12 grapes in time with the 12 "bongs" of the bell, (Spanish custom) thus ensuring 12 months of good luck, (1 month per grape eaten in the time) downed a few flutes of cava and watched the London fireworks.
Phoned our family in Suffolk, put the phone on answer mode and so to bed.
CU later in 2016 yr :-)
Last edited by: Roger. on Fri 1 Jan 16 at 00:33
 Greets! - zippy
Wishing you all the best for 2016; Happy New Year!!!
 Greets! - Bromptonaut
All best for 2016. Been down to Torpoint ferry slip to watch Plymouth fireworks. Now back at miss b's gaff. Home on Sunday and work Monday.
 Greets! - Dog
2016 ... A joke Shirley. I well remember going over the 'West End' with Ron, Kev, Phil, and Paul, to see Arthur C Clarke's 2001 in 1969 and thinking wow is THAT what the future looks like. We're now 15 years on from that.

The future is now ... ???
 Greets! - WillDeBeest
Yes, the future is overdue all right. I'm still waiting for my silver suit and food in tablet form (Tomorrow's World, passim). And we still have geezers in sheds pontificating about oil changes, when we all know our cars should be (a) hovering, (b) supersonic, and (c) able to drive and maintain themselves by now.

But if you can bear the disappointment, here's 2016 and I hope it works out well for everyone. Salmon, champagne and the Vienna concert for us this morning. Prosit Neujahr!
 Greets! - Dog
Ah well, at least we have Amazon's drones, emotionally intelligent machines, and the iPhone 7 to look forward to:

www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/12075781/8-things-that-will-probably-happen-in-tech-in-2016.html
 Greets! - Zero
>> Yes, the future is overdue all right. I'm still waiting for my silver suit and
>> food in tablet form (Tomorrow's World, passim). And we still have geezers in sheds pontificating
>> about oil changes, when we all know our cars should be (a) hovering, (b) supersonic,
>> and (c) able to drive and maintain themselves by now.

As this idea of the future comes from the the movers and shakers of the 60s, its no wonder we didn't fancy it when we got there

Now why hasn't someone invented a cure for a baileys induced hangover? < groan >
 Greets! - Crankcase
There's an app for that, Zero. Well, lots actually.

www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/did-you-have-a-new-year-s-hangover-there-s-an-app-for-that-1.2482114
 Greets! - Slidingpillar
Now why hasn't someone invented a cure for a baileys induced hangover? < groan >

Same as the 'cure' for sea sickness...

Take a nice fatty rasher of bacon. Tie a bit of string to it. Swallow. Pull string. Swallow. And soon you'll never feel sick again. Or if you do, it won't matter as you'll have long ago regurgitated the contents of your stomach.

:o)
Last edited by: Slidingpillar on Fri 1 Jan 16 at 09:46
 Greets! - Ted

Tablespoonful of strawberry jam !

Won't stop you being sick but it'll taste a lot better when you barf it all back up !

Happy New Year to all you rabble out there .....kiss kiss !
 Greets! - zippy
>> 2016 ... A joke Shirley. I well remember going over the 'West End' with Ron,
>> Kev, Phil, and Paul, to see Arthur C Clarke's 2001 in 1969 and thinking wow
>> is THAT what the future looks like. We're now 15 years on from that.
>>
>> The future is now ... ???
>>

Remember, Bowman and Poole were watching BBC 12 (I think) on what looked strangely like iPads / tablets. Of course they were rear projection screens fixed to the table, but the idea was there and we now have the real things!
 Greets! - Dog
BBC12 eh? ... more repeats!

I've watched 2001 more times than any other film, although Papillon with Steve McQueen comes in at number 2.

We used to go to a cinema in the Leicester Sq. area where you could watch the film in Cinerama (or Panavision) We would sit in the front row after previously having partaken of a few herbal cigs, then generally turn on and tune in.
Latest Forum Posts