Non-motoring > What's happened to Terry Wogan? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 96

What's happened to Terry Wogan? - R.P.
Not that I'm a fan but he seems missing from the airwaves, which is either a good thing or a bad thing.
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Alastairw
Back surgery, I believe. Takes longer to recover at his age. Brucie missing in action too.
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Old Navy
The BBC news at 9:00 this morning said it was cancer.
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Bromptonaut
He missed Children in Need for health reasons. According to press 'doctors orders' following a procedure on his back. Somebody was sitting in for him on his Weekend Wogan programme at same time.

Unlike Desmond Carrington or Tony Blackburn he's not a Radio 2 person I make a habit of listening too but he's a reassuring voice when I catch him by accident.
 Terry Wogan has Died - Duncan
Sir Terry Wogan has died.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35453541
 Terry Wogan has Died - zippy
I enjoyed his radio 2 shows.

RIP

A bit rude...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8U612YLjHQ
 Terry Wogan has Died - Roger.
Actually he is one of recent decedents whose passing I do feel moved by.
OK - I'm sure he was not perfect, but his radio persona, in particular, was really likeable.
When I was in my "on-the-road" days his Radio Two program was always on and always enjoyed.
RIP from one of the TOGS
 Terry Wogan has Died - WillDeBeest
I'm not a R2 listener but caught quite a bit over the years in other people's cars. He seemed to have the knack of recognizing the essential absurdity of life without descending into cynicism or nihilism. Remarkably, his colleagues appear to have loved him as much as his public did.

And I used to love Blankety Blank; anyone else prepared to admit that?
 Terry Wogan has Died - Harleyman
>> I'm not a R2 listener but caught quite a bit over the years in other
>> people's cars. He seemed to have the knack of recognizing the essential absurdity of life
>> without descending into cynicism or nihilism. Remarkably, his colleagues appear to have loved him as
>> much as his public did.
>>
>> And I used to love Blankety Blank; anyone else prepared to admit that?
>>

Yes; well, I enjoyed it anyway. Wogan had the ability to make self-deprecation an art form; you laughed with him not at him, and he talked to you not at you. Something his successor on Radio 2's breakfast show has never got the hang of.

The "Janet and John" sketches he did on "Wake up to Wogan" were incredibly funny; from a road safety point of view I tried to ensure I was parked up in a layby when they came on, lest I ran into something whilst pee-ing myself laughing.
 Terry Wogan has Died - Runfer D'Hills
Mrs Frontage...
 Terry Wogan has Died - Clk Sec
The Togmeister will be missed by many, I'm sure.

I think I'll have to have yet another read of Mustn't Grumble!

RIP
That explains it.
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Skip
www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35453541

RIP Terry
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Fursty Ferret
Unlike Desmond Carrington or Tony Blackburn he's not a Radio 2 person I make a habit of listening too but he's a reassuring voice when I catch him by accident.

Cannot abide either of them. Dunno why Radio 2 has such dross at the weekend. Apart from Dermot O'Leary and Graham Norton it's simply terrible.

Will miss Wogan.
Last edited by: Fursty Ferret on Sun 31 Jan 16 at 11:05
Norton and O'Leary are dreadful.
>> Norton and O'Leary are dreadful.

And Paul O'Grady is even worse.

Do enjoy Johnnie Walker's Sounds of the Seventies though.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Sun 31 Jan 16 at 12:42
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - CGNorwich
Not sure why we need these people at all.

After subscribing to Spotify it's a relief to listen to just music without the mindless babble and,god save us request programs and phone ins
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - sooty123
>> Not sure why we need these people at all.
>>
>> After subscribing to Spotify it's a relief to listen to just music without the mindless
>> babble and,god save us request programs and phone ins
>>

Thought i was on my own with such thoughts. I either listen to my own music or if i listen to the radio as soon as one of them come on babbling about whatever, i switch over. I don't think I could name a single DJ. Mind you with the number of them they must be popular. Each to their own.
Last edited by: sooty123 on Sun 31 Jan 16 at 12:57
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Ian (Cape Town)
I listen to local AM news in the morning - all talk, no music.
When driving, I have a USB drive 8Gb full of stuff on random, and an alarm at 59 minutes to turn to the news.
to turn to the news.
>>

I'd forgotten about that, another on my radio ignore list.
Unfortunately a 'must' for me, being in the business.
>> Unfortunately a 'must' for me, being in the business.
>>

Fair enough, rather you than me, what business is that?
Last edited by: sooty123 on Sun 31 Jan 16 at 13:33
News business, Sooty.
Work for local magazines, papers, and 'colour' (ie back ground) a few press and broadcast agencies.
So if I'm working - say at 3pm on tomorrow's paper - I have to waltz straight in and know what has been happening in the world that day.
Or if I get called by somebody in a foreign land asking about x, y or z, I have to know what is going on locally.
Demanding, but pays the rent.
Ahh right fair enough.
No prob.
Which is why I get upset with Guardianistas here (No names....) spouting BS about stuff which I do for a living.

Oh, get a shout 7am a few Sundays back - Fringe national footballer and girly friends lose it in a GTi Golf at 4am and plough into a river.
One footballer plus local girly journo dead.
Hungover like a bear I can put together a brief obit on each by 8.
RIP
And Ker-ching.

>> And Ker-ching.
>>

Do stories about dead people bring in more money?
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Runfer D'Hills
Bad news always sells better than good. I once tried something over on the dark side, in conjunction with our very own RP ( when he was ugly ) I think. Can't remember who started it but in any event one of us started a thread with the title "bad news for UK motorists" and the other started one concurrently with the title "good news for UK motorists" and we simply sat back to see how many "views" each got over the first 24 hours. The "bad news" one won hands down.
>> Bad news always sells better than good.

I think we've all heard that before, i wonder why that is?
Don't know really, but we get conditioned to it at a young age. I can remember coming home with a school report which basically awarded me straight A grades in 8 out of 9 subjects but my parents went on and on ( and on and on and on.. ) about the one which was weaker. Human nature I guess.
"I think we've all heard that before, i wonder why that is?"

Bad news is fundamentally more useful to survival. We evolved to take more notice of it

"Sabre tooth tiger in cave and killed Ugg" is worth knowing

Ugg is enjoying his mammoth steak less so

Aye, I suppose that's right CG. So much of our modern behaviour can be related to our primeval needs.
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Armel Coussine
>> So much of our modern behaviour can be related to our primeval needs.

Modern behaviour like getting in fights and pursuing women you mean?
All manner of things AC. But those are good examples.
The human trait I struggle to understand or more accurately, relate to, is the vicarious fascination wth violent death. From the time of Roman gladiators, medieval public executions, modern tv murder mysteries and violent computer games, there seems to be a common thread of taking pleasure in the suffering or the representation of suffering of others.

Not saying I haven't enjoyed watching Morse or whatever myself, but it does sometimes occur to me that we do have a morbid interest in death and especially its deliberate and violent infliction.

I think it's because we know it's everywhere and there are all the time. It seems silly to pretend we can do anything about it other than embrace it. I suppose the pleasure side is more related to power real or percived.
>> it does sometimes occur to me that we do have a morbid interest in death and especially its deliberate and violent infliction

It's what we fear most for ourselves, a violent and painful death. The probability of that has declined, but the 'racial memory' of it, to use a dodgy phrase, is built into us and underlies many physical and emotional reflexes.

Nature used to be red in tooth and claw, but these days it wears a white coat and carries a clipboard. Scarier in a way.
> Bad news is fundamentally more useful to survival. We evolved to take more notice of it
>>
>> "Sabre tooth tiger in cave and killed Ugg" is worth knowing
>>
>> Ugg is enjoying his mammoth steak less so
>>
>>
Cheers cgn, that makes sense.
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Manatee

>> Oh, get a shout 7am a few Sundays back - Fringe national footballer and girly
>> friends lose it in a GTi Golf at 4am and plough into a river.

Golden opportunity to ask a journalist why cars always "plough" into whatever they hit?
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Harleyman
Ian, good mate of mine is a sub-editor for a Melbourne paper; used to do the same at the "Scottish Sun".

As you well know a lot of that job is quick wit and timing, so he was well chuffed (for professional reasons) to provide the header for Lemmy Kilmsiter of Motorhead fame; "Lemmy Killed by Death".

(For the benefit of the unintiated, "Killed By Death" was an iconic Motorhead album)
>> Which is why I get upset with Guardianistas here (No names....) spouting BS about stuff which I do for a living.

Nothing to get upset about Ian... they'd be hard put to it to do what you do, but they imagine it's easy.

>> RIP
>> And Ker-ching.

Heh heh... tell me about it. You get your head round what some dead deadbeat has done in life, slap it down in unsatisfactory form, but have to hurry on to deal with the next one, then the next, and so on.

You might have to wait a while for the Ker-ching as well.

>> No prob.
>> Which is why I get upset with Guardianistas here (No names....) spouting BS about stuff
>> which I do for a living.

Don't be frightened about names Ian!!

To my mind factual and opinion/editorial are journalistic products best kept separate. My issue on Rhodes statues etc was what I perceived as the latter posing as the former.
>> Not sure why we need these people at all.
>>
>> After subscribing to Spotify it's a relief to listen to just music without the mindless
>> babble and,god save us request programs and phone ins
>>

Wogan's chat was much more than mindless babble. He wasn't afraid to make subtle comments about current affairs, which chimed with many of his listeners, especially those "of a certain age"; the humour was gentle and you laughed with the man not at him.

His successor on the breakfast show always seems to let his own ego get in the way, which is a pity because there's no doubt that Evans is very talented. Regrettably I find him intensely annoying; as I do Jeremy Vine with his irksome habit of twisting stories to suit his own petty agenda, and coming over fake sincere like Rolf Harris used to on those awful animal programmes.

Ken Bruce is the only Radio 2 show I listen to in the daytime these days; heaven forbid they should move or replace him as i'd then have to endure "Wimmens Witterings" on Radio 4; how the hell, in this age of equality, does that show get away with its title?
Last edited by: Harleyman on Sun 31 Jan 16 at 13:09
You're right. Ken Bruce is good. Chris Evans is an egotist...We were talking about Women's Hour...it has gone downhill....all last week seemed to be about LGBT issues - which has a place but how many women are interested in the Metropolitan drivel they spout.
The media has something of a track record in trying so hard to be inclusive to minorities that it manages to achieve the irony of being exclusive to the majority.
>> >> Norton and O'Leary are dreadful.
>>
>> And Paul O'Grady is even worse.
>>
Agree 100%.
Unfortunately O'Grady seems to have forgotten that he promised that he would leave the country if the Conservatives won the election as he is till here !
Like a lot of media luvvies...odd that.
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Manatee
I can take any of them in small doses except Chris Evans. Brian Matthew is favourite, because it's information, not inane chat and interviews with idiots.
Steve Wright is the only one for me...and even he has come off the boil.
Funny how tastes differ, or maybe not I suppose. I can't bear Steve Wright ( how many times does he manage to fit in "love the show Steve" into each programme? ) don't mind Evans albeit he's not a patch on Tel, quite like/d Johnny Walker, can take or leave Ken Bruce but as the years advance I grow more used to him. The one I simply hated was Tony Blackburn. Sarah Kennedy was appalling and I was delighted when she went but then hugely disappointed when she was replaced by the equally dreadful Vanessa Feltz. Simon Mayo is ok I guess.

However, when you spend a lot of time on your own in the car, there is something comforting about the slightly pullovery style of R2. I do defect to the Archers at lunchtime or early evening though. Traffic reports on R2 are good.
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Robin O'Reliant
>> The one I simply hated was Tony Blackburn.
>>

Tony Blackburn was always considered very uncool, but as I get older I find myself liking him more and more. He isn't afraid to send himself up, often quite subtly.

John Peel was considered the byword for cool, but his shows were full of unlistenable rubbish.
Iffy used to defend Tony Blackburn, so much so that at one time I began to wonder if Iffy really was Tony Blackburn.

Wonder if he's out yet?
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Zero
>> Iffy used to defend Tony Blackburn, so much so that at one time I began
>> to wonder if Iffy really was Tony Blackburn.
>>
>> Wonder if he's out yet?

No, he keeps writing letters to the editor about his parking fee sentence, and the parole board are keeping him in because he is a clear case of a recidivist.
>> Iffy used to defend Tony Blackburn

IIRC Iffy started a thread on his liking for TB's Saturday 'Pick of the Pops' programme though I cannot find it (the thread) now. I confessed to sharing his enjoyment, at least provided the chart being played was before the mid eighties. Pretty clear the TB was Marmite in here and that most did not like.

Still like it now, better for being live and for being a near parody of the presenter's Breakfast Show.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Sun 31 Jan 16 at 15:28

>> Still like it now, better for being live and for being a near parody of
>> the presenter's Breakfast Show.
>>

His bank holiday specials are very good too, being based round various themes.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sun 31 Jan 16 at 19:22
Just can't bear his Smashy and Nicey style. Even the sound of his voice annoys me no matter how good the playlist.
>> >> The one I simply hated was Tony Blackburn.
>> >>
>>
>> Tony Blackburn was always considered very uncool, but as I get older I find myself
>> liking him more and more. He isn't afraid to send himself up, often quite subtly.

I think you are confusing subtlety for stupidity. Never is a guy less cool and getting less cooler.
Smon Mayo (BB2 R2) and Robert Elms (BBC Radio London) are the only two jocks I have time for.

(thats Disk Jockeys BTW - Not to be confused with Sweaties)
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 31 Jan 16 at 14:58
Simon Mayo's good as well.
Actually, we love the English. They make us look so much more interesting and erudite than we really are and we have long elicited sympathy and support from other nations due to our misfortune in having to share an island with them. At least we got to keep the pretty bit.

;-))
>> Actually, we love the English. They make us look so much more interesting and erudite
>> than we really are and we have long elicited sympathy and support from other nations
>> due to our misfortune in having to share an island with them. At least we
>> got to keep the pretty bit.
>>
>> ;-))

So why do we end up with all the jocks? And you only got a retired matelot in exchange. Its not fair.
>> So why do we end up with all the jocks? And you only got a
>> retired matelot in exchange. Its not fair.
>>

You tend to get what you deserve.
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Roger.
>> Actually, we love the English. They make us look so much more interesting and erudite
>> than we really are and we have long elicited sympathy and support from other nations
>> got to keep the pretty COLD bit.
>>
>> ;-))
>>
At least we got to keep the pretty COLD bit.
>> >>
>> >> ;-))
>> >>
>>

It's only cold by wimpish southern standards, try Scandinavia or Canada for cold. :-)

The coldest I have ever been was in Bluff on the southern tip of New Zealand in winter when I was acclimatised for the warm bits of Australia.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sun 31 Jan 16 at 17:38
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - tyrednemotional
>> The coldest I have ever been was in Bluff on the southern tip of New
>> Zealand in winter when I was acclimatised for the warm bits of Australia.
>>

...Navigation isn't what it used to be, nowadays, you just blame the GPS......
>> ...Navigation isn't what it used to be, nowadays, you just blame the GPS......
>>

We were meant to be there! Navigation has moved on a bit, on one occaision returning to Sydney from NZ in foul weather a transistor radio tuned into 2UE in Sydney was used as a direction finder
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - MD
>> got to keep the pretty bit.
>>
>> Sturgeon, pretty?
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Fursty Ferret
>> Funny how tastes differ, or maybe not I suppose. I can't bear Steve Wright (
>> how many times does he manage to fit in "love the show Steve" into each
>> programme? ) don't mind Evans albeit he's not a patch on Tel, quite like/d Johnny
>> Walker, can take or leave Ken Bruce but as the years advance I grow more
>> used to him. The one I simply hated was Tony Blackburn. Sarah Kennedy was appalling
>> and I was delighted when she went but then hugely disappointed when she was replaced
>> by the equally dreadful Vanessa Feltz. Simon Mayo is ok I guess.
>>
>> However, when you spend a lot of time on your own in the car, there
>> is something comforting about the slightly pullovery style of R2. I do defect to the
>> Archers at lunchtime or early evening though. Traffic reports on R2 are good.
>>

Wot he sed.

I think Vanessa Feltz would be bearable if she used punctuation when she speaks.

And I find her jingle "it's your duty to be beautiful..." slightly misogynistic and mildly offensive, and I'm not female.

>> I think Vanessa Feltz would be bearable if she used punctuation when she speaks.

Whenever that name is mentioned, by mind is turned back to the Queens Diamond wedding Thames Pageant, with Vannessa in a boat along side the royal barge for BBC Radio London.

Squealing loudly

"OOooo OOooo Your Majesty, Over here Its Vanessa"

never will that stupid woman ever be bearable.
>>
>> >> I think Vanessa Feltz would be bearable if she used punctuation when she speaks.
>>
>> never will that stupid woman ever be bearable.

I agree and another one I couldn't stand was Lisa Tarbuck when she used to cover for Simon Mayo. Boy does that women like the sound of her own voice ! Plus she took the art of name dropping to new levels.

>>
>> I think Vanessa Feltz would be bearable if she used punctuation when she speaks.
>>
>> And I find her jingle "it's your duty to be beautiful..." slightly misogynistic and mildly
>> offensive, and I'm not female.

...and she fails in her duty!
And I find her jingle "it's your duty to be beautiful..." slightly misogynistic and mildly offensive, and I'm not female.

It form the song "Keep young and Beautiful"

Originally from the 1933 film Roman Holiday with Eddie Cantor.

Here are the full lyrics - seems OK to me :-)

Truly a different age.

Keep young and beautiful
It's your duty to be beautiful
Keep young and beautiful
If you want to be loved

Don't fail to do your stuff
with a little powder and a puff
Keep young and beautiful

If you're wise exercise all the fat off
Take it off, off of here, off of there
When you're seen anywhere with your hat off
Have a permanent wave in your hair

Take care of those charms
And you'll always be in someone's arms
Keep young and beautiful
If you want to be loved

And my favourite verse:

You'll always have your way
If he likes you in a négligée
Keep young and beautiful
If you want to be loved
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Haywain
"slightly misogynistic and mildly offensive"

Dunno, these days, those lyrics could be applied to either sex and everything in between.
I was trying to remember what Feltz was involved in scandal wise....her show used fake guests.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/277302.stm
Last edited by: R.P. on Mon 1 Feb 16 at 18:19
>> Steve Wright is the only one for me...and even he has come off the boil.
>>
>>

I'd gladly turn the heat up again if it meant he'd leave the kitchen.
>> >> Steve Wright is the only one for me...and even he has come off the
>> boil.
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>> I'd gladly turn the heat up again if it meant he'd leave the kitchen.

I certainly wish someone would cook his goose
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Focal Point
Not sure how/if the back procedure referred to above is relevant, but apparently Sir T died of cancer.

77 doesn't seem such a great age, unfortunately.
Last edited by: Focal Point on Sun 31 Jan 16 at 11:21
I can remember having to stop the car on a couple of occasions when he was doing one of his Janet and John tales. Simply couldn't see to drive safely for tears of laughter and my whole body in spasms of mirth.
Disc jockeys are often boring and often vulgar. Terry Wogan was amusing and nearly always charming in the Irish manner.

They come in many guises. Remember that the horrible Jimmy Savile was one, a sort of very dark, evil and repulsive version of Wogan.
>> 77 doesn't seem such a great age

No it doesn't... it's my age. I think Roger is even older.
"77 doesn't seem such a great age

No it doesn't... it's my age. I think Roger is even older."

You know, AC - apologies and all that - I had you down as older. Must be the result of all the adventures (shall we say) that you've had.

Roger I kind of knew was getting on a bit, but he's one of those people that it's hard to put an age to.

77 is not so far off. I don't adjust very well to the thought, much less the actuality, of growing old.
It's been my great good fortune to have the origins I have and to have had the childhood experiences I had. Pure luck, no volition of mine ever came into it. I blame the parents, bless them.

Before I twigged what an advantage it was in its way, I used to worry that I didn't have stable mainstream roots like everyone else. And of course I did have them in a way and up to a point.
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - WillDeBeest
Always got the impression Sir Tel enjoyed his share of foie gras, brandy and cigars - and some of mine too. Given that, 77 isn't too bad if you don't have someone else's share of luck as well.
At least, when he was breathing his last, he could reflect on having had a damn good time during his allotted span, and to have given a lot of people a lot of fun.

I can claim the former but few of us can aspire to the latter.

However, if I get the chance to think about it before it goes dark forever, I'll be pleased enough to think 'that was an ok ride actually, bye bye..'
>> >> 77 doesn't seem such a great age
>>
>> No it doesn't... it's my age. I think Roger is even older.
>>

Yup - 80 last December.
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - legacylad
I think 70 is a good knock. My old man made 52. My grandad 47.
Very much doubt I'll make it over 70. To be honest, not that bothered the way things are going in today's world.
Time for another glass of Rioja please.....
>> I think 70 is a good knock. My old man made 52. My grandad 47.

I think it a bit short!
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Duncan
>> Yup - 80 last December.

Some people are even older than that.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 1 Feb 16 at 10:07
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - bathtub tom
>>Some people are even older than that.

Who'd ever want the oldest man/woman title? There's only one way you're going with that.
"There's only one way you're going with that."

The way we are all going I guess.

But to put a positive spin on it I believe the current life expectancy at age 60 is around another 23 years.

If you reach 80 then you should be good for another 9 years on average

If you are 100 then the chances are that you will make it to 102
"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

- Abraham Lincoln
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Haywain
Warm, witty, charming and very professional - I wouldn't disagree with any of the virtues attributed to Sir Tel though, for me, he experienced the fate of many popular media figures in that he suffered from over-exposure and ultimately, going on for too long. Maybe a sweeping statement, but this seems to happen far more often with blokes than with women - who are culled much earlier.

For some years, Radio 2 had been my station of choice for driving and I recall tuning into Tel's breakfast show whilst passing through the Brecklands on the way to survey a power-line in darkest Norfolk; it was about 10 years ago. Tel was wittering away with his, by this stage, two sidekicks and the pointless, sycophantic banter went on, and on, and on, and on. I could stand no more and switched to R4 - where John Humphrys was grilling some media-honed politician who was refusing point-blank to give a straight answer. Aaaaargh!

At that point, I tuned to R3, and that's where I've been ever since - unless it's some screaming operatic soprano, in which case, I head for Classic FM.
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Ted

I used to listen many years ago when he came on before the Jimmy Young show. One memorable day he introduced Young as ' The Chunnering Chump from Chiswick ' That tickled me.

He was a good yuman being, it seems to me, but about 8 pages of ' Woganmort ' frenzy in the paper today ?

Eclipsed poor Frank Finlay, a fine actor, who also threw a seven this weekend. RIP Frank.
>> but about 8 pages of ' Woganmort ' frenzy in the paper today ?

Indeed, and all the other media too. One would almost think that old Wonga was the only real asset the Beeb had, and that it is now at a loss for stuff to broadcast.
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - Stuartli
Apart from rolling news programmes, Radio2 and Magic are the stations of choice; been listening to Wogan for many years and always enjoyed his gentle, incisive and self-deprecating sense of humour, especially when he lampooned the BBC management.

Johnny Walker is another long time favourite, but no one has yet mentioned Michael Ball's two-hour show on Sunday nights - very laid back, clearly thoroughly enjoys many types of music and plays some great tracks. Not a bad singer himself either....:-)
>> >>
>> Johnny Walker is another long time favourite, but no one has yet mentioned Michael Ball's
>> two-hour show on Sunday nights - very laid back, clearly thoroughly enjoys many types of
>> music and plays some great tracks. Not a bad singer himself either....:-)
>>

I've heard him when he's stood in for Ken Bruce in the mornings and I agree with you, he is very good. Especially as he saved us from Zoey Ball, who normally keeps the seat warm.

Mark Goodyear took Steve Wright's place yesterday and I actually listened to the whole show for once, rather than just the oldies slot.
 What's happened to Terry Wogan? - VxFan
Sir Terry Wogan has BBC radio building named after him.

BBC Western House, located next to New Broadcasting House in central London, will now be known as BBC Wogan House.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37999400
He already has a cave named after him!

www.showcaves.com/english/gb/caves/Wogan.html
Latest Forum Posts