Non-motoring > Hotels In/Near Bracknell/Wokingham Miscellaneous
Thread Author: rtj70 Replies: 11

Hotels In/Near Bracknell/Wokingham - rtj70
I probably have to travel for business next week to Bracknell. Any recommendations on where to stay (or where to avoid). The hotel would need to be on the list of places our company uses via a booking agency.

I think I'm right in thinking that Wokingham might be better than Bracknell but I've not been to Wokingham in over 15 years.

I am happy with budget accommodation and to eat in a pub or similar connected to the hotel.

I had to stop over when I was down there in December. I had planned on driving home the same day but after a long day that wasn't going to happen after a 6am start. I booked the Travelodge Bracknell because it was cheapest... not the best of places :-)
 Hotels In/Near Bracknell/Wokingham - Zero
There is a reasonable hilton in Bracknell. You going to Fujitsu Towers?
Lovelace Road offices. If I can't get out of going that is :-) Bit of a way for a few hours but best use of the other people's time to do it face to face.

I'll check out the Hilton. I plan to drive down in the day and then work a bit from the hotel room. The plan is to avoid rush hour.

Bracknell's a bit of a pain to get to on the train from the north for an early start. And can be expensive. Driving is certainly cheaper and possibly quicker.
 Hotels In/Near Bracknell/Wokingham - Focusless
Depending on who's paying, how about The Coppid Beech, just off the A329M midway between Bracknell & Wokingham? Had some nice Sunday lunches there, and impressive fish tanks in the lobby (as seen in 'Loch Ness', 1996 Ted Danson film).
Last edited by: Focusless on Sun 3 Jan 16 at 19:00
I can get the Coppid Beach for £82.50 if it's available including breakfast. I'll find out sometime tomorrow if I have to travel to Bracknell for Wednesday.
I might just go and stay at the old ICL Beaumont place at Old Windsor, now a Principal Hayley hotel. A bit further to drive on Wednesday morning. I first stayed there in 1995 when ICL still owned it and it was the training facilities and associated accommodation.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Sun 3 Jan 16 at 20:10
 Hotels In/Near Bracknell/Wokingham - Zero
>> Old Windsor,
A bit further to drive on Wednesday morning.

Clearly you have no idea about weekday rush hour traffic in surrey/berkshire!!!!!!
 Hotels In/Near Bracknell/Wokingham - smokie
If you are down this way and fancy a beer let me know. I live in Wokingham, within (15 minute) walking distance of the Coppid Beech.
I knew you lived nearby. I'll let you know plans. I owe you a pint or two.

And Zero, after I posted I thought about the distance vs. time and how long it would probably take. And it'd not be worth it.

Last time I stayed at Beaumont, I passed Sarkozy coming the other way on my way to Datchet (CA's campus). He needed more cushions to sit on to see out of the window properly.... That must have been 2008?
 Hotels In/Near Bracknell/Wokingham - Harleyman
New Travelodge recently opened in Winnersh, if it helps.

tinyurl.com/h697vfg
Last edited by: Harleyman on Mon 4 Jan 16 at 10:22
 Hotels In/Near Bracknell/Wokingham - smokie
There's a Holiday inn near that one too.

www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/reading/reatr/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-hi-_-GBEN-_-reatr

For convenience and price, the corporate rate of £82.50 including breakfast at the Coppid Beech it will be tomorrow. I might enjoy the drive down but I'll get stuck in traffic on Wednesday on the way home.

Could have probably got away with a Skype for Business session but being in the same room this time couldn't really be avoided. Second trip down south for work in just over a month - double last year!
Latest Forum Posts