Non-motoring > Star Wars Miscellaneous
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 10

Star Wars - CGNorwich
Anyone seen the new Star Wars? Saw it last Sunday. Not always a big fan of Sci Fi and action movies but there was nothing else on and needed to get out of the house. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Very much harks back to the original film and in fact brought back a lot of memories of taking my son to see the original. He still has a box of the figures somewhere!

Recommended for some relaxing pure entertainment. No need to engage brain, just enjoy it!
 Star Wars - rtj70
>> Very much harks back to the original film

Yes there are a lot of similarities to the original film from the outset. Some might call that lazy others will say it's resetting things after the rubbish prequels.
 Star Wars - Haywain
"Anyone seen the new Star Wars?"

I've never seen any of the Star Wars films, but I think we'll probably have a look at this one. Did you dress up as any particular character for the show? I don't really need to dress up because young wimmin already keep accusing me of looking like Harrison Ford.
 Star Wars - legacylad
I shall probably see it in the next few weeks. Just need to decide whether to see it at the iMAX in Bradford, or in 3D ( or normal mode) at Vue in Leeds.
I've not seen any Star Wars films since the original in the 70s. We were in Newcastle, visiting a friend at uni, and after a Saturday afternoon drinking at the Cooperage down on the Quayside the special effects were stunning.
 Star Wars - CGNorwich

"Young wimmin already keep accusing me of looking like Harrison Ford."

Lucky you

I am told I look like Tony Robinson
 Star Wars - Runfer D'Hills
tinyurl.com/hnj8vel
 Star Wars - R.P.
Going to lose my Star Wars virginity today....my local Theatre is showing it and I've had a call to go and Steward there.....better find a light sabre thing...
 Star Wars - Ian (Cape Town)
This is not the thread you were looking for.
 Star Wars - Crankcase
Dunno about Star Wars but we tried to watch Avatar last night. Must have believed the hype. It was entirely unwatchable rubbish. Abandoned after half an hour. Deary me it was bad.
 Star Wars - R.P.
One of the many advantages of the local Theatre running movies is that they start at the advertised times (or a bit later like last night which saw 56 booked seats double through "walk-ins), the punters can tae their own sweets and drinks and NO ADVERTS thus saving 30 minutes of one's life !

No doubting the quality of the production but I found it formulaic and probably much the same as the original SW movie. Talking to a guy there who was seeing it for the third time (at least at £5.00 a pop it's cheap enough)....Must be an obsessive...the type to own SW themed shoes or boots maybe ?]

The Martian was light years ahead......

Star Wars - rtj70
>> much the same as the original SW movie

This 'reboot' by JJ Abrams is certainly a retelling of a New Hope. A lot of the plot was common. The list is too long here. Sorry plot spoiler coming....

.... Even what happened to Han Solo was like the demise of Obi Wan in a New Hope.
Latest Forum Posts