Non-motoring > Londons Finest Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Mr. Ecs Replies: 25

Londons Finest - Mr. Ecs
thesun.uk/6011BnMBJ
 Londons Finest - Bobby
poor coppers
 Londons Finest - Old Navy
Ah, the directorate of professional standards has been informed! Why can't their boss, line manager, or whoever give them some serious words of advice? If the plods need to cut their budget I can think of a directorate to start with.
 Londons Finest - Westpig
To state the obvious it's not at all professional.... however... at 0345 you are at your lowest ebb ....and.... if they were going to take the 'p' and have a kip somewhere, it wouldn't be in the middle of the high street under street lamps would it?

Chances are they parked up to watch someone/something, the heater is one, they're dog tired and hey presto....

They need some management input, some temporary loss of status e.g. not out in the car but posted as gaoler or station reception officer (which they don't like doing).... and that's the end of that.

Now it's in the papers, it will be considerably more formal than that.
 Londons Finest - No FM2R
>>Witnesses said they tried to rouse the pair before snapping them asleep

Liars.
 Londons Finest - Runfer D'Hills
Not suggesting for one moment that there is anything like this going on in this instance but...

It was early on New Year's Day.

Many years ago, the younger brother of my good friend was a police officer. ( long since retired now as he was able to do so at the grand old age of 48 ) A gregarious chap who often used to meet up with a few of us who twice weekly would have an early evening game of squash followed by a a visit to the pub.

I know for sure he and some of his compatriots were regularly going in for a 10.00 pm shift start with more than a reasonable skinful on board and immediately going out in patrol cars...

Of course I'm sure the officers in this instance were just "a bit tired"...

;-)

Londons Finest - Armel Coussine
I've done a post about the old bill enjoying a drunken New Year's Eve conversation with some drunken minicabbists - all working of course - in a South London layby back in the day.

Can't find it now although it's in some thread somewhere. I talk too much and don't understand computers.
 Londons Finest - Zero
In the 70s City of London pubs used to have lock ins, often accompanied by a knock on the door some 30 minutes late for the entry of a city of london copper (with his funny 'at) who "was checking it was a legitimate private party" but of course was there to partake of a quick 'warmer upper"
 Londons Finest - R.P.
Try working 10 or 12 hour shifts often without a break at busy times and tell me that you wouldn't be tired at 3.45a.
Alternatively, try 18 hour working days in the private sector with no union protection, no pension, no job security...

;-)
>> Alternatively, try 18 hour working days in the private sector with no union protection, no
>> pension, no job security...
>>
>> ;-)
>>

Is the freebe LEC due for replacement with a new one yet? :-)
 Londons Finest - Zero
>> >> Alternatively, try 18 hour working days in the private sector with no union protection,
>> no
>> >> pension, no job security...
>> >>
>> >> ;-)
>> >>
>>
>> Is the freebe LEC due for replacement with a new one yet? :-)

Well he wont be expecting to swap it for a pension.
Oh the "free" car? That'll be the one that costs me nigh on £400 a month whether I choose to use it privately or not.

Bargain really.
 Londons Finest - Crankcase
>> Oh the "free" car? That'll be the one that costs me nigh on £400 a
>> month whether I choose to use it privately or not.
>>
>> Bargain really.
>>

An extra £300 or so a month buys you a lovely entry level Tesla, with a 250-300 mile range, 20 minutes to recharge another 100 miles or 40 minutes to recharge all the way, unique exclusive to Tesla supercharger stations all over the country and more going in, and access to them free forever, so no electricity bills. (Or use any of the other slightly slower Ecotricity stations all over the motorways, still free).

Big car, two "boots". Loads of exciting tech toys. No tax.

Dunno how much you pay in fuel, but you'd be paying nothing at all if you did that, so you'd probably at least break even and possibly save money? And of course, a Tesla is a Nice Place To Be.

Just saying.

Londons Finest - Bobby
Am sure for nearer £100 a month he could get a Ford Transit Connect - can fit lots of shoes in the back of that and always handy for the car boot sale on the Sunday for the , ahem, samples!
 Londons Finest - Zero

>> recharge all the way, unique exclusive to Tesla supercharger stations all over the country

As long as the country is not wales, or you dont travel to Cornwall, or Norfolk, or Northamptonshire, or or or or

You ever thought of a role in Politics?
Station at Exeter. Exeter to Penzance - 110 miles. Easy there and back.

Station at Birchanger Green. BG to Great Yarmouth - 101 miles. Easy there and back.

Wales trickier it's true - Birmingham or Stoke on Trent to Haverfordwest and back isn't doable. But there and then back to lots of motorway service stations is doable easily, and those have Ecotricity points.

Just takes a little planning - with the inducement of (pollution and money) free travel.
 Londons Finest - Alanovich
Seen two Teslas in Reading in the last 24 hours. Nice looking things, well up my street.
Why aren't car charging points called pollution transfer stations?
Same reason why internal combustion cars aren't called in-your-face street pollution distribution machines?
 Londons Finest - Zero

>> month whether I choose to use it privately or not.

Ah but you do. Ok that may be because the mirrors on the squishy are hanging off, and she has banned your vomitous mutt from it, but you can't deny you do use it.

Its pointless trying to defend a company car against the "perk" jibe, as a 30 years company car driver my argument was always "Its partly tool to do the job and part of my renumeration for the job I do - so what"
 Londons Finest - commerdriver
Totally agree Z, part of the package for the job as recognised by the tax on it.

When the furthest you travel on a working day is from one end of a boat to another it's not quite the same thing :-)
 Londons Finest - tyrednemotional
...and in the perpetual danger of someone taking offence to your shoes.............
 NorthWales' Finest - R.P.
denbighshirefreepress.co.uk/news/156804/brave-police-officer-battles-cancer-while-fighting-crime.aspx
 NorthWales' Finest - MD
My old boy was in the Met. They all liked a beer. They got the job done. Fings ain't wot they used to be!
 NorthWales' Finest - legacylad
Six years ago I had a job, not well paid, working strange shifts. Two weeks working 4x12 hour night shifts, followed by two weeks working 5x 12 hour day shifts. Lots of overtime available, so I often did 6x12 hour shifts, earning almost £10ph once over 42 hours. There were four of us in a team, and it was pretty full on with targets to meet.
I found the first two night shifts tiring, but adapted pretty quickly. Never fell asleep, although working in a cold production plant you had to keep moving.
My mums neighbour is a recently retired policeman, and a friend of mine in the force retires next month. Good luck to them, both early fifties. I had to wait until I was two months shy of 60 before taking my ( current) year out, and I consider myself extremely fortunate.
Latest Forum Posts