Non-motoring > Business cards Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 31

Business cards - MD
Do any of you right honour rabble folk use an on line source. I did years ago and was very satisfied but for the life of me I cannot find any corres' from them. I know it wasn't Vista.
 Business cards - spamcan61
I've just had a batch from Vistaprint as it 'appens and they were fine; quick, cheap and accurate.
 Business cards - MD
Muchas Grassy Arss Senor
 Business cards - Zero
I have some business cards from vista print as well, very pleased with them, and the online design tool is very good.
 Business cards - legacylad
Although I don't need 'business cards' I got some printed up to give to people I meet on my travels, with whom I keep in touch with, or wish to repay their hospitality.
In July, whilst backpacking, I turned up at Mt Rose campsite, elevation around 8,000' and it was full with a wedding party. No mains water, long drop loos, no showers but they let us camp nonetheless. Then invited to wedding party, free food & beer. Plenty of medicinal smoking around camp fires, song & laughter. My 'business cards' came in very handy.
 Business cards - MD
Thank you.
 Business cards - Armel Coussine
They can be useful things, saving people from having to write stuff down on the backs of old envelopes in a wet freezing gale in a car park.

They should really be embossed with shiny black lettering, but it's a bit expensive that, and many will see it as poncy. I've had two lots, one embossed and the other not, but I can't think of an occasion when they have really saved my bacon. I don't think I have any now anyway. Back to damp envelopes and an iffy biro.
 Business cards - No FM2R
I like having business cards; well "Contact Cards", since mine don't actually carry any trace of a business on them. Makes life much simpler and easier.
Actually those embossed ones used to be called 'visiting cards'. You left them on the hall table or placed one on the butler's silver tray, that sort of thing.

'If you remember, tell Lady Gaga that Mr Coussine called, positively gagging to see her and devastated to find her not at home... something along those lines, hmmmmm?'
 Business cards - No FM2R
Visiting Cards, exactly.

And mine are indeed black embossed. Bit surprised you haven't got them actually, AC.
>> And mine are indeed black embossed. Bit surprised you haven't got them actually, AC.

A nod's as good a a wink Squire. Best to leave nuffin in writin, knowImean?
 Business cards - Runfer D'Hills
One "reaches out" nowadays. This is usually achieved electronically.
 Business cards - Robin O'Reliant
They make great tooth picks.
 Business cards - Crankcase
I don't know if it's good or bad that in thirty five years of work I have never had or needed a business card even once.
 Business cards - No FM2R
Simply depends how many "new" people you meet in the course of life and/or job I guess. And how likely you are to want to be able to find each other again.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 5 Jan 16 at 22:25
As few as possible and "not at all" are my inevitable answers of course, and always have been.
 Business cards - No FM2R
Where as mine would be "loads" and "mostly".
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 5 Jan 16 at 22:30
>> Where as mine would be "loads" and "mostly".

Excellent. Vive la difference.
 Business cards - No FM2R
>> >> Where as mine would be "loads" and "mostly".
>>
>> Excellent. Vive la difference.

Indeed. Although I frequently think I would prefer your approach.
>>Indeed. Although I frequently think I would prefer your approach.

One always has choices. I used to be concerned about my major introversion, and made efforts to be more sociable, outgoing, "normal". But I didn't enjoy it and really wasn't me. I'm much happier entirely on my own with a very very few close people and my own resources. Days sometimes go by at the office when I see nobody and talk to no-one. I just get on with what I do. Couldn't be better and I'm dead lucky I can work that way if I choose to. But I know not many would choose that path.

So for triteness, you can't beat "be true to yourself and blow what anyone else thinks" is the way for me.

Business cards - No FM2R
Always good to be happy.
 Business cards - Roger.
Apart from the uniform (and a brown trilby for runs ashore in civvies) practically the first thing I had to order when I joined the service was a set of visiting cards inscribed Mr. R.M. XXXXXXX, Royal Marines.
As a makee-learnee subaltern one's rank was not shown.
(I believe only Captains and above were allowed to show rank. In the R.M. in those days , one remained a Lieutenant for 8 years before promotion to captain, unlike the Army, so a long serving R.M. Lt. was likely to be much more experienced than a newly minted Army Capt.)
It was de-rigeur to leave a card at the senior officer's house on arriving at a new posting and similarly one was left, with PPC (Pour prendre congé - or basically - "I'm off your guest list" ) written on it, when transferring out.
That was interesting, Roger. Thanks for that. I didn't know about the ppc thing before, and so a Google brought me this interesting article about calling cards and etiquette. I'd never have remembered which corner to fold when and what size of envelope to send a card back in. Must have been a constant nightmare.

www.artofmanliness.com/2008/09/07/the-gentlemans-guide-to-the-calling-card/
 Business cards - Ted

I used Vista......useful to have a few about, as AC says, to stop the search for pen and paper or to prevent folks asking me to repeat my email address.

EMail, 2 phone numbers and address with a small logo covers it all.

I did, however, click the order button twice in error. I've got about 400 left now....anyone like to buy a few ?
 Business cards - MD
Ah! So you are the real Mr. XXXXXXX then!
 Business cards - helicopter
Used to have mine printed in Middle East with my name ,company logo (helicopter) and title in both English and Arabic .

I always used to present my card and take Cadbury chocolate bars or After Eight mints to give to sectretaries of high ranking business contacts......amazing how quickly I got to see the boss.
 Business cards - No FM2R
From the sound of that, shouldn't it have been Milk Tray?
 Business cards - No FM2R
www.youtube.com/watch?v=THH8p21akrA
 Business cards - Pat
I've always had excellent service from here

www.123print.co.uk/

Pat
 Business cards - helicopter
Yep, that is exactly what it was like Mark........ :0)

.........bit more desert and dust perhaps.....
 Business cards - No FM2R
Thought so. I've always imagined you dressed in black carrying a box of chocolates.

8-)
 Business cards - tyrednemotional
.....I used to dream of Britt Ekland like that (though I may have made half of that up).....
Latest Forum Posts