Non-motoring > And now for something completely different Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 14

And now for something completely different - Zero
BBC web site

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35228529

As I am on the mailing list of the London Transport museum, I got a sneak preview test day last october

I quickly cobbled together my footage and slapped it onto youtube to unashamedly grab some topical current hits (and money) in wake of the BBC news item.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eClGT0UH7x8
 And now for something completely different - Dog
Blimey! .. I'd clean forgotten howl noisy lunden is.

My ole mum and her 4 kyds spent some time down-under in air raid shelters, some of which suffered direct hits wiping out all who dwelt innum. One was in Tabard Park within a rolling stones throw of where I was Bjorn.
 And now for something completely different - Bobby
How much money did you make from the 46 views????????
 And now for something completely different - Roger.
For those who run Firefox as their default browser, I suggest the add-on "Adblock for YouTube",which does seem to get rid of those annoying adverts which roll out before one can see the desired content.
>> For those who run Firefox as their default browser, I suggest the add-on "Adblock for
>> YouTube",which does seem to get rid of those annoying adverts which roll out before one
>> can see the desired content.

The annoying adverts help recover a small percentage proportion of the costs of producing the desired content.
 And now for something completely different - No FM2R
Watch the adverts and it remains a [barely] interesting business for those who contribute. Block the ads and they will either lose interest in doing it or find another way to charge for it.

Ads seem a pretty small price to me, they are hardly a major sacrifice.
>> Watch the adverts and it remains a [barely] interesting business for those who contribute. Block
>> the ads and they will either lose interest in doing it or find another way
>> to charge for it.

You tube is moving to a dual income model. Subscription add free, or free with adds. Its started in the US and is called Youtube Red. As a youtube "partner" (yea right) I can accept that or loose all income streams. Now my revenue reports report data from both streams.

Its not a business, (for me anyway) but "views" are an interesting challenge, requiring imaginative "marketing and visibility" and video techniques. Having said that, 500 quid a year is a welcome assistance to film making expenses.
 And now for something completely different - Dave_
>> Its not a business, (for me anyway)

I delivered a car around 18 months ago to a young gentleman for whom it is very much a business. If you're at all up on popular UK online personalities you'll have seen him driving it. It's finished in mirror purple (but was orange to begin with) with a raging bull badge on the nose, and had a six figure price tag.
Last edited by: Dave_ on Wed 6 Jan 16 at 17:36
 And now for something completely different - Bobby
Shmee??
 And now for something completely different - tyrednemotional
...the adverts are often more interesting than the main content.....

Just sayin'

;-)
>> How much money did you make from the 46 views????????

I average about £1 per thousand hits, so that will be about .46 pence.
 And now for something completely different - Manatee
4.6p?

WOO HOO
 And now for something completely different - Clk Sec
Like another pension...
 And now for something completely different - Dog
Trust yew to get a shot of a train in at the end ;)
Vid reminds me of when I used to be a young tearaway. Danny, my bestest friend and I were always bunking on the Tube and going all over the place. We'd use the emergency staircase and creep along the floor at the top so the ticket geezer didn't see us.

We often used to go to Clapham Common and bunk in the picture house there, in fact I can well-remember seeing Pinocchio there with Danny, we enjoyed the film sooo much, we saw it quite a few times.

I didn't see any ads on that YT = IE + Adblock Plus.
Latest Forum Posts