Non-motoring > Just a random comment.... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 12

Just a random comment.... - MD
....from you tube.

Why do we lose legends like David Bowie and get stuck with d*******s like Trump?I think this is a fair argument for none existence of an invisible sky god.
 Just a random comment.... - RattleandSmoke
I have/had so much respect for Bowie and I honestly think he was as important to pop music as the Beatles were, however he was 69 though not a grand age we loose people a lot younger than that.

I get the impression that Bowie in some ways was quiet a humble person despite being one of the richest rock stars. I am not sure if he was taken from us in that sense, if he was 25 this would be a valid point but at 69 it is just a fact of life.

Trump hopefully won't be around for much longer, I certainly don't think he is any real threat. Even America cannot be that stupid to vote for him at least I would like to think that anyway!
Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Thu 14 Jan 16 at 20:10
 Just a random comment.... - Focal Point
Not just Bowie. Alan Rickman. And, if you care about that sort of thing (which I do), before that, Pierre Boulez. Mind you, he had had a good innings.

A bad year for the arts so far.

As for Trump, I lump him with Katie Hopkins - professional trouble-makers both.
Last edited by: Focal Point on Thu 14 Jan 16 at 20:11
 Just a random comment.... - WillDeBeest
...a fair argument for the non-existence of an invisible sky god.

Strangely, I'd say the opposite. After all, if you were the sky-fairy, which of your list would you be eager to have for eternal companionship, and which could you wait a little longer for?

The thought occurred to me when Rupert Murdoch and my dad were treated for the same cancer at much the same time. Only one survived.
 Just a random comment.... - Dog
David Bowie lived just one year longer than Robert Black - work that one out
 Just a random comment.... - Robin O'Reliant
The Grim Reaper doesn't give a toss about your character, when he decides your time's up that's it.
 Just a random comment.... - Crankcase
Intriguingly, the Cathars viewed it the other way entirely. They thought the whole world and everything in it was made by Satan, including their own "tunics of flesh".

This therefore explained everything bad in the world, meant that when they died they would (if they had "made a good end") go to heaven permanently, or be reborn as another person or creature to try again if not.

When they were all exterminated, often by burning alive, they were able to meet that fate apparently unconcerned and indeed welcome it as a release from this Satanic world.

No wonder the Catholic Church had it in for them. Dangerous stuff, that way of thinking, might have interrupted the flow of money and lands to the Church, can't have that.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Thu 14 Jan 16 at 22:00
 Just a random comment.... - Dog
And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.
~Revelation 12:9
 Just a random comment.... - RattleandSmoke
Prince Charles as apparently commented on this too, and said the grim reaper is picking the wrong people.
Yes, but he probably believes it.
 Just a random comment.... - legacylad
I bet PC didn't say that about his ex
 Just a random comment.... - Roger.
>> ....from you tube.
>>
>> Why do we lose legends like David Bowie and get stuck with d*******s like Trump?I
>> think this is a fair argument for none existence of an invisible sky god.

Agree the Trump ain't a nice man - but who gives a toss about nice, where leadership is involved.?
Here's The Telegraph's report on the Republican candidates debate.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/republicans/12100912/Republican-debate-sixth-Donald-Trump-live.html
...who gives a toss about nice, where leadership is involved?

Having seen your judgment on leaders, Rog, I think we're safe with our own.
Latest Forum Posts