Non-motoring > Is The Other Place Down? Computing Issues
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 16

Is The Other Place Down? - zippy
I just thought I would browse a car review there, honestly, but the site doesn't seem to be up!

Does anyone know if it has closed?
 Is The Other Place Down? - Old Navy
It's working for me now, and also was earlier this afternoon.
 Is The Other Place Down? - zippy
Thanks, it is for me now!

Is The Other Place Down? - Armel Coussine
I seldom go there, but I approve of HJ who still contributes answers to motoring queries in my usual comic on Saturdays. The queries themselves are often very dreary though.

Son-in-law has a brand new four-door-cab pickup truck, diesel of course. Nissan I think. Not a bad jalopy, and it won't mind a few potholes. The cast alloy wheels are very flash and elaborate.
 Is The Other Place Down? - Old Navy
He needs steel wheels for potholes, the dents can be bashed out with a big hammer.
 Is The Other Place Down? - legacylad
Is it a workhorse.. Builder, roofer? Round my part of the world, they are all, with one exception, proper working vehicles. Personally I don't see the attraction in them. Very practical though for chucking rubble in the back, cement mixer, ladders, fitting a hard top and carrying a few sheep.
 Is The Other Place Down? - Runfer D'Hills
Round here, their owners generally have tattoos, a bald head, a Staffie and a fat wife.
 Is The Other Place Down? - Armel Coussine
>> owners generally have tattoos, a bald head, a Staffie and a fat wife.

Nope... plenty of hair, no bull terriers and my middle daughter who (d'you just sort of mind?) isn't fat at all. Real life round here, no stereotypes.

There is a cousin with tattoos but he's cool.
;-)
 Is The Other Place Down? - legacylad
I only personally know two people with a ute. One is a roofer so he always has ladders, battens strapped on. The bed is full of tiles, cans of bitumen etc The other chap definitely doesn't need a ute for his job! It's a lifestyle thing.
 Is The Other Place Down? - sooty123
I always think of utes as those that are more car like the sierra or the skoda one from the 90s. Quite popular overseas, i used to use them all the time when abroad. Always some basic Japanese jobbie. Very good chucking kit in the back.
It occurs to me that anything carried in the back of a pickup is liable to damage by weather or being more easily stolen.
 Is The Other Place Down? - MD
>> It occurs to me that anything carried in the back of a pickup is liable
>> to damage by weather or being more easily stolen.
>>
Re-stolen.
 Is The Other Place Down? - sooty123
>> It occurs to me that anything carried in the back of a pickup is liable
>> to damage by weather or being more easily stolen.
>>

Thankfully the weather wasn't an issue where we used them. Although deffo an issue here.
 Is The Other Place Down? - MD
>> Round here, their owners generally have tattoos, a bald head, a Staffie and a fat
>> wife.
>>
And usually someone else's Horse Box.
 Is The Other Place Down? - mikeyb
I believe that the attraction is the tax situation.

For companies they are VAT deductible and the BIK situation for employees is more favourable
 Is The Other Place Down? - Falkirk Bairn
>>For companies they are VAT deductible and the BIK situation for employees is more favourable

Chancellor has already said that "designer Trucks" will be taxed as cars ....sooooon!
Latest Forum Posts