Non-motoring > glenn frey dead Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 20

glenn frey dead - Zero
Of Eagles fame, saw him last year at the O2. They are dropping like flies.
 glenn frey dead - CGNorwich
Certainly are

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35342699
 glenn frey dead - Ian (Cape Town)
Maybe Justin Bieber is knocking them all off so he can headline Glastonbury?

glenn frey dead - CGNorwich

Another one gone.

tinyurl.com/jla3bxl
 glenn frey dead - Haywain
"Another one gone."

Blimey - Animal's the same age as me :-(
 glenn frey dead - Dog
They are beginning to fall like nine pins.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCdjvTTnzDU

RIP
 glenn frey dead - Dog
>>They are beginning to fall like nine pins.

Dale Griffin (Mott The Hoople)

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35342699
 glenn frey dead - VxFan
At this rate I'll need to start an obituary thread ;)
 glenn frey dead - ....
The crematorium music should pick itself, the heat is on being the obvious choice.
 glenn frey dead - Dog
My ole mate Lauri used to say we're all on the conveyor belt to the crem.

Just saying :)
 glenn frey dead - tyrednemotional
....or possibly "Good Day In Hell"

;-)
 glenn frey dead - Boxsterboy
Sad news.

Whilst Bowie may have been a more rounded artiste, I certainly play Eagles/Don Henley/Glen Frey songs far more frequently than the handful of decent tracks that Bowie ever made.

Saw The Eagles at the (old) Wembley Stadium. Good gig it was too.
 glenn frey dead - Zero
The Eagles was such a soundtrack for my feckless youth(ish), Listening to an Eagles track in my car today, I was transported back to the late 70s, A late night (2am in the morning) returning from a fumble with a girl in Exeter, a Capri, 3L essex under the loooooooooong bonnet, The eagles playing on cassette recorder in the dash, an empty A303......

Bliss. Sometimes my life has been soooooo damn good.
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 19 Jan 16 at 19:18
 glenn frey dead - No FM2R
Thoroughly agree.

Although in my case the comparable memory would be Lancia Beta HPE / a sunny Saturday afternoon / The Logical Song / Sally from Henley.
 glenn frey dead - No FM2R
My hero Roger Hodgson....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQfjIw3mivc (logical song)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed5WWRgX-TY (give a little bit)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAjYoe63MSA (take the long way home)
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 19 Jan 16 at 19:29
 glenn frey dead - Runfer D'Hills
Mk2 VW Scirocco, Italian Alps, winter, very very late at night, heading for the uk, alone, driving waaaaay too fast, having just left Italian gf in bed, Mozart's "voi che sapete" on the cassette...

glenn frey dead - legacylad
Not name dropping but I used to drink with John Helliwell... He played sax with Supertramp. Lived in a small hamlet one mile up the road from myself. Thoroughly nice guy. He moved further up the A65 and still does the odd concert in Settle with Creme Anglais, a 4 piece combo he set up. Not seen him for a while though.
 glenn frey dead - Focusless
>> Not name dropping but I used to drink with John Helliwell... He played sax with
>> Supertramp.

...and played the clarinet solo(s) on the Breakfast in America single, one of my all time faves. I'd love to hear him play...
 glenn frey dead - legacylad
Focusless, next time he is playing with Creme Anglaise in Settle at Vic Hall I'll let you know. You might want to combine it with a weekend in 'Dales. His concerts are often sold out before tickets are advertised...word of mouth.
Feel free to use my back lawn. I have tents.
 glenn frey dead - Focusless
Thanks LL - if my parents were still living in Kendal that would make it a lot easier. And I'd better seek out some of their stuff first - there's a lot a good musicians playing music I would pay to avoid having to listen to :)
 glenn frey dead - Robin O'Reliant
Brian Poole (Of Brian Poole and the Tremeloes fame) used to get up on stage in my local and sing with the resident house band after he left or got kicked out of the Trems. They took to shaking imaginary Coke bottles behind him during the three numbers he never deviated from.

He owned a butchers shop just down the road from the boozer.
Latest Forum Posts