Non-motoring > Email addresses and debits Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 6

Email addresses and debits - Ambo
My credit card was debited with the cost of a service on January 5th. I wanted to check something two days ago and but had lost my password. I asked for another and they told me they had no record of my email address so couldn't proceed.

So they have no record yet managed to debit my card. Is that possible?
 Email addresses and debits - Bromptonaut
I'm not sure I've got the full picture here. Is the debit related to paid for e-mail service?

Is it possible that paperless (ie e-mail) statements are a separate service from all singing/dancing internet banking?
 Email addresses and debits - CGNorwich
The bank are simply saying that they cannot change your password without a valid email address. A simple security measure to stop someone other than you fraudulently gaining access to your account.

You will have given the bank an email address when you set up on line banking. (You did set up online banking didn't you?). Are you sure you have not changed your email address?

The service is called Jacquie Lawson Cards, an e-card outfit, reputable as far as I know. It is they and not the bank who say they have no record. I have online banking and did not change my email address.

Email addresses and debits - smokie
Do you have any emails from them, if so send them one back to prove they did have your address.
Several, over the last two days. In any case, they must have registered me for the service, using my correct email, in order to bill me. I am right, I suppose, in assuming the credit card company would not accept the billing if the email associated with my card was incorrect?

The only greetings card I sent was not delivered so it looks as if there is a flaw in their business. £9 was charged for a year, which is no big deal, but I want to be sure I am not automatically re-billed in a year's time.
 Email addresses and debits - Bromptonaut
>> I am right, I
>> suppose, in assuming the credit card company would not accept the billing if the email
>> associated with my card was incorrect?

Not sure about that. I think what they need is 16 digit card number + 3 digit code from reverse and/or billing address match for account holder. Add Verified by Visa or similar if applicable.

My e-mail with most outfits is an 'informal' one I've had since getting internet c1999. Also have a 'professional' one in form simon.bromptonaut@mailco.com. Pretty sure I've ordered stuff using second address.
Latest Forum Posts