Non-motoring > Explanation for problem with an old phone Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 6

Explanation for problem with an old phone - henry k
SWMBO has an ancient basic Nokia phone.3310 ?
The battery was not holding a decent charge so a few months ago I bought a new battery and all was then working fine.
SWMBO complained it was not charging and I agreed but the battery was not flat.
I found that I could not switch off the phone so pulled the battery out and back in.
Now could not switch phone on.
Then substituted the old battery and all worked again.
Reinstalled the new battery and all worked again.
On /off working OK and battery charging indicator is working.

I am just curious if anyone can suggest what caused this problem

SWMBO could not cope with a newer phone so I am stuck with this model.

Explanation for problem with an old phone - Old Navy
As you can only get Nokia compatible batteries many of them lack the small electronic bit that the phone uses to asses the batteries charge level. I was having similar problems with an old Nokia phone. I bought a doro phone.
 Explanation for problem with an old phone - Dave_
I've got a battered old Nokia 3510i here with the same BLC-2 Nokia original battery as the 3310 uses. It's in a pile of carboot stuff, you can have it if you like henry k.
Last edited by: Dave_ on Fri 12 Feb 16 at 11:23
 Explanation for problem with an old phone - Zero
Two things and both are about battery contacts.

Its dirty/tarnished battery terminals (on the phone or the battery) and or its dirty/tarnished/coroded terminals inside the phone. The battery terminals are fixed into the plastic chassis of the phone. On the curuit board side, they are no soldered, merely pressure of the sprung terminals maintains contact. They move, they wear, they corrode. Fixable with a clean if you are happy stripping a phone down.
 Explanation for problem with an old phone - spamcan61
>> Two things and both are about battery contacts.
>>
Like Zed said.

We had a nostalgia moment at work the other day, one guy found his 2000 vintage 7110 in the back of a cupboard, minus battery; another found a suitable battery that had been lurking in his shed for 10 years plus. Connected battery to phone and there was enough charge in the battery to boot the phone!

Explanation for problem with an old phone - Stuartli
Had a Nokia 3310 for many years. Superb, straightforward and very easy to use, thanks to the phone's very intuitive menu layout.

It was Nokia's biggest selling phone of all time during that period.
 Explanation for problem with an old phone - VxFan
>> Had a Nokia 3310 for many years.

Still got mine. Use it as an alarm clock over the other side of the bedroom, which forces me to get out of bed to switch it off instead of just keep hitting the snooze button on the bedside alarm clock and going back to sleep again.
Latest Forum Posts