Non-motoring > Bose Solo 5 Soundbar Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 7

Bose Solo 5 Soundbar - R.P.
Deserves a thread of its own.

Bought this to back up the rather tinny sound of the built-in speakers of the Samsung TV. Connects to the telly with an optical cable, plugs into a wall socket and you're away. Superbly rich sound with a very subtle bass. The remote is easily programmed to operate all your kit....so you can forget loads of remote hanging around. The bluetooth link is very good, seamlessly links phones to the speakers.

One slight complaint is the lip synch issues with recorded programmes. That might be the telly tough.

Whilst standard broadcasts are superb, 4k streamed programmes are absolutely top-notch. Great bit of kit.
 Bose Solo 5 Soundbar - WillDeBeest
You should find it's got a voice delay setting to correct the lip-synch. We used the one in our Yamaha soundbar in the early days of using Amazon video, although it hasn't seemed to be necessary recently.
 Bose Solo 5 Soundbar - smokie
Some systems have an adjustment for lip sync, I know a home theatre system I got rid of a couple of years ago did. However I recall that when you got it right for one input it was not right for another...

I have a sound bar (LG to match the telly) and it makes a huge difference to the quality of TV watching.
Last edited by: smokie on Fri 12 Feb 16 at 10:40
 Bose Solo 5 Soundbar - Zero
I use a set of JBL creature 2.1 speakers.
 Bose Solo 5 Soundbar - WillDeBeest
Good for you.
Nawt in the manual. But at least I found the bit to synchronise the remote to turn TV, sat-box and soundbar on with one button.
 Bose Solo 5 Soundbar - Aretas
Installed one only last Wednesday. Then watched a Midsomer Murders without having to show subtitles. Still needed subtitles with Happy Valley, though.

Haven't yet got its remote to drive my Humax. Must try harder.

No lip sync problems with any recordings yet.

Love the button for extra speech clarity, but annoyed that you seem to have to reset it every time you change a programme, rather than have it remain on.
That is slightly irritating..Found how to adjust the latency on the TV.
Latest Forum Posts