Non-motoring > does God really exist Miscellaneous
Thread Author: fluffy Replies: 51

does God really exist - fluffy
does God really exist.

Discuss
Last edited by: R.P. on Wed 17 Feb 16 at 22:21
 does God really exist - Zero
No - he died with the original VW beetle.
God exists through Jesus Christ.
 does God really exist - Lygonos
>>God exists through Jesus Christ.

Well, since he's been dead 2000 years I guess God's gone the way of the dodo too.
I will say it again. We try yo do good.
 does God really exist - Focal Point
Fluffy, you keep losing me. What is it you're saying again? - I didn't get it the first time.

"We try yo do good." I assume you mean "we try to do good". What point are you making? I keep getting confused when I read your posts. I try hard to connect them with the discussion.
I made a spelling mistake. What qualifications do you have in English and English Literature.
Fluffy, I wasn't criticising your spelling. I just wanted to be sure that I understood what you wrote, which I think I did. But I had/have a problem connecting it with the discussion.

I do have academic qualifications, but I don't want to start discussing these - they have nothing to do with the subject in hand.
 does God really exist - Robin O'Reliant
We're beginning to wonder if you really exist.

I have doubts.
 does God really exist - CGNorwich
O Ye of little faith. Fluffy was sent down amongat us that we may repents of our sins. A new forum member, 'tis truly a miracle I tell you.

does God really exist - Runfer D'Hills
I've not sinned yet today, might do later though, quite fancy a bit of coveting.
>> I've not sinned yet today, might do later though, quite fancy a bit of coveting.

I covet your sinning
Leave my ox alone - and my donkey come to that.
>> Leave my ox alone

your ex ox you mean?

>> your ex ox you mean?
>>
Just checked. You'r right it's gone. Brought the donkey in.
 does God really exist - Runfer D'Hills
Wisnae me mister !
>> Wisnae me mister !

I bet its in the deep fat fryer as we speak, that donkey is destined for a donner, you mark my words.
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 17 Feb 16 at 21:52
 does God really exist - Duncan
>> Leave my ox alone - and my donkey come to that.
>>

Can I have your ass?
 does God really exist - No FM2R
Yes, I do.
 does God really exist - Bobby
He does, he is dyslexic, and has been a forum member for a long time.....
 does God really exist - R.P.
Fluffy,

There's no need to select a make and model when you post. As you see it irritates the old stagers ! :-)
Fluffy has been a busy boy today. I assume he's a boy.
I used to be an atheist.

Until I realised that I was God.
I thank God for the day I decided to be an atheist.
>> I used to be an atheist.
>>
>> Until I realised that I was God.

I used to be a Christian, till I realised you were God.
 does God really exist - VxFan
Edit - Delete

Self moderated. Just like Stephen Fry, I didn't get the memo either, Re: no-one is allowed to do jokes anymore."
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 18 Feb 16 at 08:34
 does God really exist - Stuartli
Whoever or whatever God may or may not be, it doesn't alter the fact that some force or other created a universe many millions of years ago that stretches to infinity in every direction.

Which is why I find it difficult to understand the belief (or arrogance) of those who claim that we are the only planet on which there is some form of life, even if that was created in comparatively recent times.
 does God really exist - Dutchie
We don't know do we? It is a belief and if it gives you peace be happy

Hello fluffy
 does God really exist - Ambo
Yes He does, as a human concept, which is all He ever was.
 does God really exist - TheManWithNoName
“We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.”
― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Shamelessly cut n pasted and there are plenty more which, to me, sum up perfectly the issued of whether there is a god or many gods, come to that.
 does God really exist - Cliff Pope
>> Yes He does, as a human concept, which is all He ever was.
>>

If God were anything other than a human concept, then what was he doing for billions of years before humans appeared, and what will he do for billions of years after humans and the Earth have gone?

He'll have lived for an infinite period of time, and blinked once and the entire human history will have come and gone. Will he be pleased with his efforts, and consider his existence to have been a success?
 does God really exist - TheManWithNoName
Good point.
I'd vote Cliff to be Pope
 does God really exist - Armel Coussine
Where it all comes from, 'the colossal scatter of the physical universe and the terrifying void beyond it' or words to that effect (AC, passim) is certainly an impenetrable mystery to me.

This doesn't make me believe in a friendly if severe God though. Takes some people that way, but not me. Some physicists suggest the universe may have originated in a 'primal big bang' apparently out of nothing. That seems dangerously close to God to me... but an impenetrable mystery is dangerously Goddish too.

Problem with the universe is its apparently infinite scale, too big to grasp 'accurately'. We can't help worrying our little heads about it, but that doesn't make us much wiser. We are stuck inside it so can't imagine it from the outside.

We should stick to our lasts and lathes. That may help us learn to measure infinity in the fulness of time.

does God really exist - Focusless
They're still trying to work out if it really is infinite (as opposed to 'finite but we can't measure it, yet'). If it is, it has some interesting features (according to this bloke):
www.universetoday.com/119553/is-the-universe-finite-or-infinite/
 does God really exist - Manatee
The universe is infinite, and getting bigger.
 does God really exist - smokie
Doesn't that imply it's finite?
I hope it is infinite, otherwise I'm going to worry whats at the end of it.
>> I hope it is infinite, otherwise I'm going to worry whats at the end of
>> it.

Something like this probably:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwaEr0M_TGw&feature=youtu.be&t=34s
Try comprehending the fact that some particular star is, for example, 432m light years away......

I don't believe, as homo sapiens or other creatures, we come from nowhere and then go nowhere at the end of our lives.

Something or someone had to ensure that we have mobile phones, VW small twin charged petrol engines, the glory and occasionally despair of supporting the Toffees, Nigella Lawson, Windows10 Start Menu setbacks after monthly update packages and so many other wonderful things...:-)
 does God really exist - Manatee
I had to smile at some expert on the wireless the other day trying not to sound patronising while explaining the gravity waves resulting from the collision of two black holes.

It happened, apparently, one billion "what we call light years" away. What else might we call them?
How did they work out it was a billion light years away? You'd need a very, very long sheet of paper to write out the total miles involved....:-)
approx 5,869,713,600,000,000,000,000
Last edited by: Focusless on Thu 18 Feb 16 at 16:28
5,900,000,000,000 miles is the figure over a year and even that is quite incomprehensible to virtually 100 per cent of the population...:-)
The idea that the universe expands, then contracts into a massive black hole that explodes in a new big bang, all over countless ages of time of course, is attractive to me. It has the advantage of confirming steady state, contracting and expanding universes all in one.

'Roll up sir! One for the pretty lady, another for the likely little boy here... universes for one and all!'
 does God really exist - MD
Roll up Sir. Cash only of course O :-)
>> Good point.
>> I'd vote Cliff to be Pope
>>
You can't. You don't have a name therefore you ain't on the carncil's lectoral roll thing. £3,000.00 fine please.
Seems I've been censored again, apparently for dissing the Pope.

I thought I was flattering him by giving him heartless tough-guy Mafioso thoughts.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Thu 18 Feb 16 at 19:12
 does God really exist - legacylad
One of my fav bumper stickers '' oh Lord, help me be the person my dog thinks I am''.

Does that mean I believe in a God?
I was born into the Roman Catholic Church. I was even an Altar Boy at my local Catholic Church
Well done. Has it healed yet?
It can't heal if you keep poking at it.
 does God really exist - Old Navy
Behave yourself doc. :-)
Latest Forum Posts