Thread Author: John Boy Replies: 86

Fluffy - John Boy
Discuss
 Fluffy - Harleyman
PITA WUM.
 Fluffy - Bromptonaut
>> PITA WUM.
>>

New PITA WUM or one of the regulars on a mission?
 Fluffy - Harleyman

>> New PITA WUM or one of the regulars on a mission?
>>

According to a comment on another thread he's been registered for some time. My guess is he's been chucked off another forum recently for similar annoying witterings and has now come to plague us instead.
 Fluffy - fluffy
I have an interest in a wide variety of topics. I enjoy debating and I like to give my opinion.

I have not been thrown off another forum. Over 15 years ago I was on a forum called ppeweb.

Fluffy - Focal Point
I thought, "PITA WUM" at first, but maybe he's just being himself. No difference in the end, perhaps.
 Fluffy - Manatee
A newcomer to a troop of territorial monkeys, who will be roughed up accordingly by the larger and more aggressive ones.

Larger and more aggressive on the internet that is. They could be polite and deferential in real life, for all we know.
 Fluffy - Robin O'Reliant
Fluffy's ok.

We've had a few amusing threads out of him and we need new blood. The option is always there to ignore a thread you don't like.
 Fluffy - Armel Coussine
>> Fluffy's ok.

That's my view too.

Hands off the fluffster!

>> The option is always there to ignore a thread you don't like.

Geddit? I've lost count of the threads I've had to ignore just to be polite. Even ones I've sort of agreed with.
 Fluffy - Zero
>> A newcomer to a troop of territorial monkeys, who will be roughed up accordingly by
>> the larger and more aggressive ones.
>>
>> Larger and more aggressive on the internet that is. They could be polite and deferential
>> in real life, for all we know.

Those who have met me will attest to the fact I am a polite, quietly spoken, deferential, understanding fellow with superb diction and witty gramma.
 Fluffy - Manatee
You've never mentioned your witty grandma before.
Last edited by: Manatee on Sat 20 Feb 16 at 19:18
 Fluffy - fluffy
Stop criticising fluffy, fluffy is only trying to create a debate with fluffys forum posts. At least say something nice about fluffy.
 Fluffy - Robin O'Reliant
Fluffy is fluffy.

In a fluffy sort of way.

I think that's pretty nice.

Fluffy - Armel Coussine
>> At least say something nice about fluffy.

Do stop going on and on. Whaddya want, encouragement?

Who was it who referred to himself in the third person all the time? That prat Baron Corvo I think. Ghastly fellow.
 Fluffy - fluffy
There is only one fluffy. one fluffy
 Fluffy - Kevin
>At least say something nice about fluffy.

Neighbours kids had a cat called fluffy when I was a youngster.

It was an antisocial little critter that left dead birds in the middle of the lawn and piles of crap in the flower beds.
 Fluffy - Kevin
>Those who have met me will attest to the fact I am a polite, quietly spoken, deferential, understanding
>fellow with superb diction and witty gramma.

BS.

Your first PBC would have weeded you out years ago.
 Fluffy - Zero
>> >Those who have met me will attest to the fact I am a polite, quietly
>> spoken, deferential, understanding
>> >fellow with superb diction and witty gramma.
>>
>> BS.
>>
>> Your first PBC would have weeded you out years ago.

Surround yourself with idiots, that was my PBC rating and ranking strategy.
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 20 Feb 16 at 20:12
 Fluffy - sherlock47
PBC -Acronym not known, but my first guess was correct....
www.reddit.com/r/IBM/comments/2t00uj/looking_for_advice_got_a_pbc_score_of_1_but_no/

Makes you pleased to be retired and on an indexed pension?
Last edited by: sherlock47 on Sat 20 Feb 16 at 20:46
 Fluffy - Slidingpillar
“Not huffy or stuffy, nor tiny or tall, / But fluffy, just fluffy, with no brains at all.”
A.P. Herbet

Moi, I make no comment...

Fluffy - No FM2R
Fluffy desires attention, I'm guessing he doesn't get any 5 in the real world.

Here he's getting it. Job done.
 Fluffy - Roger.
I bet Fluffy is an eco-loon too 😀
Last edited by: Roger. on Sun 21 Feb 16 at 08:15
 Fluffy - John Boy
>> Fluffy desires attention, I'm guessing he doesn't get any 5 in the real world.
>>
I would have thought that applied to most of the more vocal members on here.
 Fluffy - Bromptonaut
>> PBC -Acronym not known, but my first guess was correct....
>> www.reddit.com/r/IBM/comments/2t00uj/looking_for_advice_got_a_pbc_score_of_1_but_no/
>>

That post is exactly the sort of thing you'd see/hear in the public sector years ago before general promotion boards gave way to job specific selection.
 Fluffy - sooty123

>> That post is exactly the sort of thing you'd see/hear in the public sector years
>> ago before general promotion boards gave way to job specific selection.
>>

Still a few promotion boards knocking around.
 Fluffy - Ambo
>>That prat Baron Corvo

He had a good line in invective however.
 Fluffy - sherlock47
WARNING major thread drift

>> >> PBC -Acronym not known, but my first guess was correct....
>> >> www.reddit.com/r/IBM/comments/2t00uj/looking_for_advice_got_a_pbc_score_of_1_but_no/
>> >>
>>
>> That post is exactly the sort of thing you'd see/hear in the public sector years
>> ago before general promotion boards gave way to job specific selection.
>>

Surprised that Zero has made no comment. Particularly to the indexed pension quote of mine!

The fact that this all refers to the private sector and that some of the disillusioned people on the thread are young and junior who would have complained vigorously about the old CS type selection methods. Full circle?
Last edited by: sherlock47 on Sun 21 Feb 16 at 11:10
 Fluffy - sooty123
Full circle?
>>

Most probably, lots of things are. there's little new under the sun. Someone probably got a promotion out of it.
 Fluffy - fluffy
I am fluffed out.
 Fluffy - sooty123
I wonder who fluffy is? A change of user name i suspect.
 Fluffy - Bromptonaut
>> I wonder who fluffy is? A change of user name i suspect.

According to profile Fluffy registered last week. My money is still on one of our regulars having a laugh at our expense. Wouldn't be first time somebody's had an alter ego.....
 Fluffy - Cliff Pope
>>My money is still on one of our
>> regulars having a laugh at our expense. Wouldn't be first time somebody's had an alter
>> ego.....
>>

It's cleverly done though. There's no one's style he reminds me of, no little give-away traits have emerged yet. I think to test this theory we need to accumulate more samples of his writings and run some comparison tests.
Then when we have a shortlist of suspects we could try deliberately introducing a topic that we know will particularly engage one of them, and try to get Fluffy to intervene too. If we can get a thread going containing both Fluffy and Fluffy-suspect he is likely to trip himself up and confuse which he is meant to be.

Or, we could reserve judgement, treat him as a welcome new member, and stop being so cliquey and patronising.
Last edited by: Cliff Pope on Sun 21 Feb 16 at 17:27
 Fluffy - smokie
Maybe, maybe not, but until proved otherwise it'd be nice if he could be treated as a New Member.

I know they are a rare thing around here, but some people should consider how a newbie might see their posts as unwelcoming, even mildly offensive.
 Fluffy - No FM2R
New member, existing member on a wind-up, school kid on break, whatever. He still posts tedious and boringly predictable rubbish.

So ignore his heritage, and judge him on his puerile performance would seem to lead to the same conclusion.

Discuss.
 Fluffy - smokie
There's also a high degree of tedious predictability around many other posts.
 Fluffy - Dutchie
You can't get over him can you.

Just enjoy the post and take it on board.You might learn something,
 Fluffy - Dutchie
To FRM >:)
 Fluffy - Armel Coussine
Fluffy's original actually. Can't remember another mischievous wind-up like this one. Chapeau!
 Fluffy - John Boy
I don't mind whether he's a new member or an exisiting one. He's created a gentle anarchy, which is a welcome change.
 Fluffy - fluffy
I have tried to create a debate. I am no anarchist just a person that believes in the capitalist economy.
 Fluffy - Old Navy
You may be getting your "ists" mixed up.
 Fluffy - Roger.
>> I have tried to create a debate. I am no anarchist just a person that
>> believes in the capitalist controlled statist E.U. economy - there fixed it for you! :-) economy.
>>
Last edited by: Roger. on Sun 21 Feb 16 at 19:25
 Fluffy - Lygonos
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome#Characteristics

I'll send my invoice.
 Fluffy - Ted

Asperger ? Love it....freshly picked with butter, a nice steak and new potatoes.

Or am I getting confused again ?
 Fluffy - Lygonos
tinyurl.com/asparagus-syndrome
Last edited by: Lygonos on Sun 21 Feb 16 at 23:08
 Fluffy - Dutchie
I only know John Boy from the Waltons.Big family from the States.
 Fluffy - commerdriver
This being a "motoring" forum, would like to know what you drive and why F man
otherwise welcome, we have a load of oddballs here, what's one more?
Last edited by: commerdriver on Mon 22 Feb 16 at 16:04
 Fluffy - VxFan
>> This being a "motoring" forum, would like to know what you drive and why F
>> man

Fluffy doesn't drive. He mentioned it in another post somewhere.
 Fluffy - John Boy
>> I only know John Boy from the Waltons.Big family from the States.

I didn't. John is my name, but several people called me John Boy in one of the part-time jobs I had after retiring early. I don't watch much TV, so I had to ask who he was.
 Fluffy - No FM2R
Fluffy doesn't seem to be about. Did the schools go back today?
 Fluffy - Armel Coussine
>> Fluffy doesn't seem to be about.

Well you could have fooled me. I think he's bidding to have every single thread on this site under his handle.

Manic little fluffer isn't he?
 Fluffy - fluffy
I am about, just watching you.
 Fluffy - John Boy
Runfer enjoys a joke, but he's barely responded in any of Fluffy's topics.

Should I draw a conclusion?
 Fluffy - Runfer D'Hills
Not guilty M'Lud !
 Fluffy - John Boy
You're obviously around then.
 Fluffy - Runfer D'Hills
Only on and off, been working all weekend.
 Fluffy - fluffy
There is only one fluffy, one fluffy
 Fluffy - Lygonos
Fluffer, more like.
 Fluffy - Dutchie
You could not be more wrong.>:) Just guessing.
 Fluffy - Lygonos
You just stepped out of the TARDIS bro?

That post is 8 weeks old ;-)
 Fluffy - fluffy
I thought I would put fluffy back to the top.

Thanks John Boy for posting that forum post.
 Fluffy - John Boy
>> I thought I would put fluffy back to the top.

That's called "bumping". You could look that up on Google along with "troll".

Anyway, I'm glad I've not offended you, not that I thought I would.

:-)

The above is supposed to be a smile. That's on Google, but the other variations don't seem to be. For the benefit of anyone else, I can remember what it's like to be a new member. I asked to be initiated into that mysterious language, but was ignored.

My intelligence was also called into question by AC when I indicated that I was not a royalist. I managed to laugh it off and I'm still here.

You have to devote an awful lot of time to following some of the topics, so I often lose interest after about 20 posts. Some members seem to argue for the sake of it. I try to stay out of those "discussions", but I like to read their opinions even if I disagree with them.
 Fluffy - MD
NO YOU DON'T O:-)
 Fluffy - Harleyman
I refer the assembled members to my earlier opinion on this subject.

(Post #3)

Subsequent postings by Mr. Fluffy have done nothing to change my initial assessment.
 Fluffy - Kevin
>I refer the assembled members to my earlier opinion on this subject.

A quick zcat and grep through the httpd logs will quickly show if there is any relationship between the ip address that fluffy is posting from and other posters. Even if he's changing ip address regularly, a bit of perl will identify his location for comparison.
 Fluffy - Focal Point
The Fluffster doesn't seem to have been around since Monday.

He might be on holiday somewhere, of course.

Or maybe he feels unappreciated. Some of us have been remarkably unreceptive to his sense of humour and little quirky ways.
 Fluffy - CGNorwich
Has reverted to his former ID.
 Fluffy - Cliff Pope
>> Has reverted to his former ID.
>>

Any theories as to who that might be?
 Fluffy - Focal Point
"Has reverted to his former ID."

You sound very certain, CGN. Very certain indeed.
 Fluffy - Cliff Pope
Not me. I was briefly tempted by the idea of becoming Fluffy, but decided I'd want to try a rather more adventurous and demanding writing style.

Of course when/if he resumes publication he may be an imposter. Keep alert for style inconsistencies.
Last edited by: Cliff Pope on Sat 12 Mar 16 at 16:36
 Fluffy - Armel Coussine
If he says he's fluffy I'll take his word for it. Surely there are better things to waste idle speculation on than fluffy's true identity?
 Fluffy - Armel Coussine
>> My intelligence was also called into question by AC when I indicated that I was not a royalist.

'When' perhaps, but not 'because' I'm sure. People are entitled to their views and attitudes.

Surprising I would have doubted your intelligence JB. Nothing wrong with it that I can see. I have given the wrong impression.
 Fluffy - John Boy
It wasn't a topic about monarchy in particular, AC. At one point, Zero posted to the effect that he was anti-royal and I agreed with him. Your contribution was a bit scathing, posts after it were deleted for some reason and the topic died.

Anyway, it's water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned. It was well over a year ago.
 Fluffy - Slidingpillar
Not huffy or stuffy, nor tiny or tall, But fluffy, just fluffy, with no brains at all.

A P Herbert

Fluffy - BrianByPass
Fluffy appears a bit "iffy" to me.

Or has Iffy been reincarnated?
 Fluffy - fluffy
Fluffy is still fluffy.
 Fluffy - VxFan
Time for a shave then ;)
 Fluffy - Dutchie
Tell us about your hobby's fluffy.Any interest in history European or world just wondering.
 Fluffy - fluffy
My favourite hobby is cricket.

I also enjoy reading especially historical fiction.
 Fluffy - CGNorwich
Do you like jelly Fluffy?
 Fluffy - fluffy
I prefer a vanila slice.
 Fluffy - R.P.
I like fluffy jelly. Leave him alone !
 Fluffy - fluffy
Fluffys back.
 Fluffy - Roger.
>> Fluffys back.>>
What about Fluffy's front?
Last edited by: Roger. on Fri 29 Apr 16 at 22:13
 Fluffy - fluffy
I am still here as fluffy.
 Fluffy - Ian (Cape Town)
Got any new vinyl?
(and I don't mean your wardrobe)
 Fluffy - fluffy
I have just bought Nevermind by Nirvana on vinyl.
Latest Forum Posts