Non-motoring > Mothers day Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 13

Mothers day - Zero
This year, my place. Chef Zero in charge

Got my mother, my son, his girlfriend and his Volvo full of dogs coming over. The Flowers are bought (for my mother - if laddo forgets he will be in foo foo, but I suspect gf will ensure his compliance)

The Morrisons fresh leg of lamb (2.1 kilos) is drilled and inserted with cloves of garlic and fresh sprigs of rosemary and just gone into the oven for a slow roast

Roast spuds, roast carrots, roast parsnips, peas, aunt bessies yorkshires to do later. For now - suns out DOG WALK!
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 6 Mar 16 at 10:15
 Mothers day - Runfer D'Hills
Ah, right, Mother's Day...I don't have a mother any more, but my son does and I'm pretty certain he...well, he's still in bed and I'm fairly sure he hasn't remembered.

Think I'll go for a very very long walk with the dog.
 Mothers day - Robin O'Reliant
The dogs have bought Mrs O'Reliant a laptop. B'stads borrowed the money off me though, and they never pay it back.
 Mothers day - Ted

My youngest rang SWM earlier but they aren't coming round....they're off the Hoylake to take the kids for a walk on the beach. I expect the other two will arrive but any flowers brought round won't trump the big bunch I gave her for her 68th on Friday.

We're both orphans now so no responsibilities in that area.
 Mothers day - Zero
>> Ah, right, Mother's Day...I don't have a mother any more,

I can have mine there at your place by tea time, tinned salmon sandwiches and trifle would be appropriate.

Whats that, she didn't come with a return address? Sorry, like ebay returns not accepted.
 Mothers day - Roger.
My wife was chuffed to little meatballs to receive a box of flowers, a small box of choccies and a personalised card from our daughter in Suffolk.
All done on-line, but very good quality and handsomely packed.
Aaaaaah!
 Mothers day - Skip
I'm suffering from serious man flu at the moment so my offer to my mum to stay away today was accepted (phew !). I did drive to her house early this morning and leave a card & some flowers in the porch though.
 Mothers day - Pat
I got a card yesterday and a nice long phone call this morning from my son along with a huge bouquet of flowers.....from Marshall Volvo at Cambridge yesterday.

As expected he suggested I didn't tell anyone they wasn't from him!

Pat
 Mothers day - Harleyman

>> I can have mine there at your place by tea time, tinned salmon sandwiches and
>> trifle would be appropriate.
>>

My old mum would have appreciated that too Z. Red salmon naturally; only poor folk had pink!
 Mothers day - Runfer D'Hills
Aye, but if you mix a small tin of red with a large tin of pink and a bit of malt vinegar, they dinnae notice...

Aye...ye'll have had ye'r tea?

;-)
 Mothers day - WillDeBeest
Jings, man! Have ye no seen the state of yer sporran?
 Mothers day - Bobby
I made a prawn and salmon lasagna for the missus and her mum and dad also came up.
First time I have made it, pretty chuffed with it.
 Mothers day - MD
The pink salmon I am buying from Lidl is far nicer than their red by a country mile.
 Mothers day - Alanovich
My Mother is in Australia at the moment. I video Skyped with her on Sunday morning, and she was in a Subaru Forester being driven down a dark Ozzie motorway after a weekend in the countryside. Wonders of modern tech, eh? Live video call between Reading and a car doing 70mph on the other side of the world.

Obviously looked after the missus too yesterday, children are a bit too small to organise themselves still, but they did make some home made presents and I get her a pressie too and we went for a nice lunch out (to give me a break from cooking) and a riverside stroll.
Latest Forum Posts