Non-motoring > Decapitation Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 15

Decapitation - Armel Coussine
Re head-hunting, the collection of human heads and huge piles of skulls as trophies of war or conquest, the piece I've been looking at places the practice in the nineteenth century 'and earlier'.

In fact it has been recorded photographically in the mid-20th century, during the Second World and Greek Civil wars.

No doubt ISIL and Isis savages go in for it too, if only for private amusement. Not much new under the sun, eh?
 Decapitation - Dog
>>In fact it has been recorded photographically in the mid-20th century, during the Second World and Greek Civil wars.

Erm, who used to practice that during WW2 then?
 Decapitation - Old Navy
I believe the Khmer Rouge were into that sort of thing.
>> Erm, who used to practice that during WW2 then?

There were local and 'national' - tribal really - militias in the Balkan campaigns who weren't nice at all and carried big knives.

I'm not really saying the Wehrmacht did it, just special forces sometimes. Our own special forces don't bear the very closest scrutiny I'm afraid.

And we do know Perro that there were other nazi bodies capable of absolutely anything, unless you think those Dachau Belsen etc stories and photos are all made up.
 Decapitation - Dog
I find the idea of beheading absolutely awful and abhorrent. Sure I know it was a common practice in this country too at one time. Killing is killing of course, but I just think to chop somebodies head orf is the worst of the worst of the worst.
 Decapitation - Lygonos
>> I just think to chop somebodies head orf is the worst of the worst of the worst.

Much more humane (from the suffering point of view) than electrocuting someone to death or strapping them to a chair in a room filled with cyanide gas.

Or most other forms of execution.

I'll take the seat in a room full of nitrogen or helium personally.
 Decapitation - Dog
>>Much more humane (from the suffering point of view) than electrocuting someone to death or strapping them to a chair in a room filled with cyanide gas.

>>Or most other forms of execution.

I have thought along those lines myself actually doc, but there's just something barbaric about chopping someone's head off.

I'll take the seat in a room with a hypodermic and a plentiful supply of diamorphine.
 Decapitation - Runfer D'Hills
Lygonos, you know the tales of guillotined heads still apparently sentient in the basket for a short while? Is that even slightly possible in your opinion?
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Thu 10 Mar 16 at 17:35
>> I'll take the seat in a room full of nitrogen or helium personally.

If there's enough helium you can amuse yourself by talking in a squeaky voice while you're on your way out.

Sudden decapitation is set about with creepy stories, the severed head continuing to talk, grimacing horribly, showing continued signs of consciousness when falling into the basket. Doctors try to reassure us by saying these are spasmodic reflexes and that death has been instantaneous and total, blackout for ever. Suppose though that au contraire, it's a death agony for ever instead?

Of course executions are highly emotional occasions and those mediaeval cats didn't let probability or even obvious factual truth stand in the way of a decent story.
 Decapitation - Dog
I've just thought of something worse than having your head chopped orf...

Being hung drawn and quartered. Think I'd better go and cook the turkey steaks for this evenings dinner.
 Decapitation - bathtub tom
>>Being hung drawn and quartered. Think I'd better go and cook the turkey steaks for this evenings dinner.

Well hung I presume? ;>)

I think you meant hanged.
 Decapitation - Dog
>>I think you meant hanged.

No sir, they were hung, then disembowelled - while still alive, then quartered :-(
 Decapitation - No FM2R
He's right you know, they were hanged then drawn and quartered.

You do not have to be hanged until you are dead, you can be just hanged a bit. What you are not, is hung.

Last edited by: No FM2R on Thu 10 Mar 16 at 20:17
 Decapitation - Dog
Well, either way, I'd rather go for 'the chop' www.lordsandladies.org/hung-drawn-and-quartered.htm
 Decapitation - Pat
I used to deliver here ( which WP will know well!) www.wellhungmeat.com/.

Whenever I turned into the drive off the A38 and saw the sign, it always conjured up a picture in my mind of an extremely well endowed bull and a slice of succulent roast beef:)

Pat
 Decapitation - tyrednemotional
>>
>> Erm, who used to practice that during WW2 then?
>>

...the Japanese (allegedly).
Latest Forum Posts