Non-motoring > Difference in temperature between East & West Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 17

Difference in temperature between East & West - Dog
Yeah, I always check out the wev first thing in the morning, including Cyprus, Tenerife, even Lanzarote of late.

At 6-00am this morning it was 8° in parts of West Wales, but only 1° in Norwich, and -1° in Ipswich.
Even God's waiting room (Bournemouth) is/was only -1°

Swings and roundabouts though I suppose 'cos the East has a lower amount of rainfall compared to the wet West.
 Difference in temperature between East & West - legacylad
At my age I check out other things first thing in the morning. Nice & bright here in upper Ribblesdale, so I'm attempting a 15 miler. No pain killers or ibruprofen, so when I receive the result!of my recent hip x rays I can be honest with the doc. Strange how the hip pain has increased so much in the past 6 months...last summer I comfortably back packed 200 strenuous miles with barely a twinge.
Wish me luck!
15 miles ... that's some walk!

If I were thee I would be taking MSM: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylsulfonylmethane#Osteoarthritis need to take it in decent amounts though (capsules are no good) and give it up to 3 months or so to show any improvement.
 Difference in temperature between East & West - Old Navy
>> .....last summer I comfortably back packed 200 strenuous miles with barely a twinge.
>>

And you are wondering why your hips are wearing out?
 Difference in temperature between East & West - Runfer D'Hills
We are going to do 28 miles off road today. ( but we will be on bikes )

;-)
 Difference in temperature between East & West - R.P.
www.mbr.co.uk/news/guy-martin-to-miss-isle-of-man-tt-in-2016-for-mountain-bike-race-334677

That's what you call mountain biking.
 Difference in temperature between East & West - Zero
>> We are going to do 28 miles off road today. ( but we will be
>> on bikes )

When he says "off road" thats usually over the handlebars and into a hedge.
 Difference in temperature between East & West - Runfer D'Hills
Tree actually.

Doesn't hurt though, nothing really...

Forest was stunning today ( literally )

;-)
I realise why my hip is wearing out...when I gave up other sports many years ago I really enjoyed long distance walking as a substitute. Joined the LDWA and for years did both Challenge & social group walks.
Until recently I was hoping to backpack, North to South, the CA section of the PCT ( Pacific Crest Trail) about 1600 miles, this summer, but think I will have to wait until I get a new hip. Positive thoughts!!
Gotta go, the Dales are calling tha knows.
Happy Sundays everyone. Don't waste it car cleaning.
 Difference in temperature between East & West - sooty123
> Until recently I was hoping to backpack, North to South, the CA section of the
>> PCT ( Pacific Crest Trail) about 1600 miles, this summer, but think I will have
>> to wait until I get a new hip.

i think there's a film about a women who did that. Saw it on a flight last year. Can't remember the name of the film.
 Difference in temperature between East & West - Fullchat
Debbie does the Pacific Coast Trail ??? :)
 Difference in temperature between East & West - sooty123
Just looked it up, it's called Wild.
 Difference in temperature between East & West - Roger.
I'm going to lie down for a while!
Pacific Crest Trail... Been out today with a friend who thru hiked it a few years ago. Gave up his flat, got several months off work, and just did it. I still have some of his possessions in my loft!
Lost several stone and came back super fit, although he now has two young kids and the most he can do is 16 miles with an old bloke ( me) assuming he can get a Sunday away from the family in the first place.
Hazy all day, but tees & shades weather. Took 7.5 hours walking time to complete 16 miles. And things aren't improving. No fun getting old.
 Difference in temperature between East & West - Ted
Fabulous day here in Arkady. Succumbed to a little gardening, sat on our south facing patio in shirt sleeve order with a pot of tea and buns.

Rest of the week looks to be high pressure........hope this is the start !
 Difference in temperature between East & West - Falkirk Bairn
>>Fabulous day here in Arkady.

Where is Arkady? apart from somewhere warm!
 Difference in temperature between East & West - WillDeBeest
Et in Arcadia Teddo
preview.tinyurl.com/hkkslle
>>No fun getting old.

The alternative isn't a bundle of fun either.
Latest Forum Posts