Non-motoring > eBay query Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 28

eBay query - MD
Apologies if I've touched on this before, but those with more experience than I may advise me correctly.

Selling a batch of items (25) for £30.00 starting bid, i.e. £1.20 each, but there's 250 available.

One person has asked me to flog 80 No. at a quid. If I accept what is the correct procedure without flouting the rules? Do I end the listing or is there another way, perhaps also to keep the listing alive. There are a lot of 'Watchers'.

I hope that this makes sense. Thank you. M.D.
 eBay query - smokie
Whenever I've asked similar questions (rarely) the person has declined my offer.

However I think you are allowed to end the listing if there are no bids i.e. an auction isn't under way.
 eBay query - RichardW
If you've got 250, why not just leave the auction for 25 running, then stick up a buy it now or similar for 80 and send the link direct to the questioner?
 eBay query - Zero
>> Apologies if I've touched on this before, but those with more experience than I may
>> advise me correctly.

If you haven't sold any yet:

Edit the advert, change the number available to 170.

Start a new add, qty 80, fixed price £80 and invite him to buy them.

I'm currently breaking up and selling a coin collection and stamp album, so far have put 85 separate items up for sale over the last 60 days, and I am always chopping and changing the adds, i.e. things that dont sell, get added to one that is selling that has three days left.

Its surprising what I have learned. I now know a whole new world exists around beer tokens.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 23 Mar 16 at 10:22
 eBay query - R.P.
Can you post a link Z ?
 eBay query - Zero
>> Can you post a link Z ?
>>
to what?
 eBay query - R.P.
to what?

Your e-bay site (or e-mail it ! )
 eBay query - Zero
>> to what?
>>
>> Your e-bay site (or e-mail it ! )

sent an email to your mod id
 eBay query - R.P.
Ta...don't tell Mrs RP !
 eBay query - Zero
>> Ta...don't tell Mrs RP !

tell her what?
 eBay query - R.P.
:-)
 eBay query - MD
'bout the Beeeer token conspiracy.
 eBay query - MD
This place is ruddy marvellous at times. I chuckled at the Beer token thing. I represent that remark!!
 eBay query - Zero
>> This place is ruddy marvellous at times. I chuckled at the Beer token thing. I
>> represent that remark!!

Seriously! There are such things as beer tokens, and they fetch serious serious money. I never knew.
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 23 Mar 16 at 08:51
 eBay query - smokie
Don't bother relisting a smaller amount just for him to buy, just deal directly with him, then you'll avoid eBays fees which can turn out quite expensive.
 eBay query - MD
Yes, but surely if one responds to an email that came via the bay then the bay will get to see the response? Yes/No?
 eBay query - Manatee
>> Yes, but surely if one responds to an email that came via the bay then
>> the bay will get to see the response? Yes/No?

Your response might be to give him a phone number.

Health warning - I'm not an ebay expert.
 eBay query - R.P.
:-)...way to go.
 eBay query - Zero
he could be a pesky ebay revenue agent.
 eBay query - Cliff Pope
>> he could be a pesky ebay revenue agent.
>>

Could be, but do they really do that?

I've cancelled two items items in the last year part way through auctions that were going slowly. I sold both privately to local people who had seen the listings (car and outboard motor) and just offered me a good price.

It happens all the time, and is one good reason for not hanging about waiting to snipe at something you really want that's going slowly - just contact the seller and make an off-ebay offer. Sniping's for things you want but only at a bargain price and not too urgently or particularly, and if plenty more will be along soon.
 eBay query - Zero
>> >> he could be a pesky ebay revenue agent.
>> >>
>>
>>
>> Could be, but do they really do that?

No idea, merely adding F.U.D
 eBay query - commerdriver
>> No idea, merely adding F.U.D
>>
You are retired, you don't need to do that any more :-)
 eBay query - smokie
Of course he does, he's an internet terrorist :-)

Based on my limited experience (Bargain Hunt and the BCA car auctions) Rarely do the pros show their hand too early in an auction. I've not sold a lot on eBay but you can't judge the outcome until really close to the closing time.
 eBay query - Zero
>> >> No idea, merely adding F.U.D
>> >>
>> You are retired, you don't need to do that any more :-)

Some habits.
 eBay query - MD
When viewing an item, any item, when I click on sellers legal info the damn thing reverts to my home screen.. It's been doing this now for two weeks. Re-booting had no effect!
 eBay query - Zero
legal info? whassat?
 eBay query - MD
Business sellers legal info. It's on a tab in the ads.
 eBay query - smokie
I can't see that, can you post a link?
 eBay query - MD
I'm using iPad mini. If it's a business seller it clearly shows it on their advert.
Latest Forum Posts