Non-motoring > who am I? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 22

who am I? - Zero
Me? I am a "suburbanite"

More specifically your
neighbourhood is made up of...
Suburban achievers
People - Tend to be families with older children. More likely to have non-dependent children living with them.
Living - Live on the outskirts of urban areas.
Marital status - More likely to be married.
Ethnicity - Slightly more likely to be white. Slightly more likely to have been born in UK/Ireland.
Housing - More likely to be living in detached or semi-detached homes or flats and to own. Less likely to live in terraces.
Employment and Education - More likely to have a university education. More likely to be working in information and communication or financial/insurance/real estate, possibly education or public admin/defence. Less likely to be unemployed.
Transport - More likely to own 2+ cars/vans and to commute to work by private transport.

Who are you?

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/interactive-who-lives-near-you-11113254
 who am I? - Bromptonaut
Rural Resident

People - More likely to be 45 to 89. Slightly more likely to be providing unpaid care.
Living - Living in rural villages or on farms.
Marital status - Slightly more likely to be married.
Ethnicity - Slightly more likely to be white. Slightly more likely to have been born in UK/Ireland.
Housing - Much more likely to be living in detached, semi-detached or terraced and likely to own or socially rent it.
Employment and Education - Much more likely to be working in agriculture, forestry and fishing or more likely to be working in information and communications. Slightly more likely to be university educated. Unemployment in the area tends to be higher.
Transport - More likely to own 2+ cars/vans and to commute to work by private transport.

Hmmmm,

The age thing is probably out by 10 years - 35+ is more like it
The postcode is one of two or three forming a 'doughnut' round Northampton. Rural, but overwhelmingly dormitory villages.
While my 'living with' status no longer raises eyebrows marriage is heavily the majority position.
Housing - Right about building type. Mostly owned with rest being mix of social/private renting.
Employent - A tiny minority in agriculture. Mix of professional, clerical/managerial and craftsmen with some manual. Most work in Northampton or MK but many commute in an area bounded by London/Oxford/Brum/East Mids/Cambridge.
Unemployment - close to nil.
Transport - Broadly as stated. With one bus an hour and last regular return at 18:00 it could hardly be otherwise.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Thu 31 Mar 16 at 09:36
 who am I? - VxFan
>> Rural Resident
>>
>> People - More likely to be 45 to 89. Slightly more likely to be providing
>> unpaid care.

/\

Same result as Brompt.
 who am I? - Crankcase
I'm connection error, please try again later. And everybody who lives near me is the same.
 who am I? - WillDeBeest
Don't you talk to your neighbours?

I'm the same as Z, only more detached (hardly surprising; there's nothing else in my postcode) and more likely to be providing unpaid care - which probably doesn't refer to parenting, although it's a road of houses designed for families.
 who am I? - Dog
>>Same result as Brompt.

Same 'ere.
 who am I? - CGNorwich
It's a bit "broad brush" it gives my area as urban whereas actually distinctly suburban. A more accurate analysis can be obtained at

www.checkmyarea.com/
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Thu 31 Mar 16 at 10:40
 who am I? - Duncan

Living - Living in urban areas in cities and large towns.
Marital status - More likely to be married.
Ethnicity - Slightly more ethnically diverse area (more likely to be mixed race). Slightly more likely to be from the old EU.
Housing - More likely to be living in flats or detached houses and not terraces. More likely to own, above average level of socially renting.

What!

It couldn't be more wrong if it tried.

Ethnically diverse!! Mixed race!

There is not a single flat in that post code.
 who am I? - Bromptonaut

>> www.checkmyarea.com/

That's much closer to reality.
 who am I? - Ambo
>> It's a bit "broad brush" it gives my area as urban whereas actually distinctly suburban.
>> A more accurate analysis can be obtained at
>>
>> www.checkmyarea.com/
>>

Site pretty accurate for my postcode. B with a few C1. A difference is that we are nearly all retired. There might as well be official apartheid as we are all white.
 who am I? - Cliff Pope
>> It's a bit "broad brush" it gives my area as urban whereas actually distinctly suburban.
>> A more accurate analysis can be obtained at
>>
>> www.checkmyarea.com/
>>

"Wealthy mixed households living in rural communities
This postcode is typical of 2.86% of the UK population."

Hm.
 who am I? - Mapmaker
I am probably Bangladeshi, unemployed (or working in food services if lucky) with several children under 4, living in an overcrowded rented flat.
 who am I? - tyrednemotional
....goodness, gracious me......!
 who am I? - Manatee
>> I am probably Bangladeshi,

"More likely" could mean a 5% chance of being Bangladeshi rather than the national <=1%. It could still be 'unlikely'. That's how these things work as I'm sure you know:)
 who am I? - Manatee
Rural Residents*, sub titled Rural Tenants* but the narrative is identical to Bromp's.

People - More likely to be 45 to 89. Slightly more likely to be providing unpaid care.
Living - Living in rural villages or on farms.
Housing - Much more likely to be living in detached, semi-detached or terraced and likely to own or socially rent it.
Employment and Education - Much more likely to be working in agriculture, forestry and fishing or more likely to be working in information and communications. Slightly more likely to be university educated. Unemployment in the area tends to be higher.

Misleading as presented. Basically hardly anybody works on farms now (although my next door neighbour is a farmer as it happens).

The terminology needs qualification. "Slightly" in this context means slightly above average, not slightly more likely than not - similarly, "Much more likely" means compared to the whole population - i.e. I'd guess about 1% of this village is actually employed in agriculture cf. probably 0.01% in London.

*these are respectively the OAC Supergroup and OAC Group, publicly available stuff built from census data, so the MEN won't have had to pay for it. You can download free software to play with.
 who am I? - Ted

I seem to be the only ' multicultual metropolitan ' on here so far

Probably about right
 who am I? - Duncan
>>
>> I seem to be the only ' multicultual metropolitan ' on here so far
>>
>> Probably about right

Even if the spelling isn't.
 who am I? - Ted

Shurrup !!
 who am I? - Mapmaker
If that's an ethnically diverse city dweller, then that's me.
 who am I? - Armel Coussine
I live in the country now, but am an urban creature really. I don't much miss the Metropolis, except when specialized shopping is needed.
 who am I? - R.P.
People - Slightly more likely to be aged 65 to 89. More likely to be providing unpaid care.
Living - Living in rural villages and towns.
Housing - Much more likely to be living in detached housing or semi-detached and more likely to own it.
Employment and Education - More likely to be working in agricultural, forestry and fishing, but also mining and quarrying and manufacturing.

1. Is ten years out
2. Is right,
3. ditto
4 ditto
5. Don't think so somehow
6. Is about right, 2 cars, camper, 4 bikes..!
 who am I? - Dutchie
All white community here.Two three cars per household.Few retired majority in work.

It is apartheid.
 who am I? - R.P.
Check my area seems to have nailed it with us as well. Three of the five houses here are mortgage free...(one is empty). Around twenty houses have been built in or around the village since we've been here are er...larger.

his postcode is typical of 0.81% of the UK population.
Housing Type Properties are mainly detached, semi-detached or flats and are owned outright, mortgaged or council houses. The typical property price is average. The properties are average in size and are located in suburbs, rural or coastal areas. People will typically have lived here between 4 and 11 or more years.
Residents This area contains a mixture of social groups. The children living in this area are typically aged between 0 and 19 years and the adults between 20 and 59 years. Households consist of young and mature singles, couples and families. The population density at this postcode is approximately 94% of the national average. The people living here are in general qualified to an above average level and the typical employment type is classified as white and blue collar, semi-skilled, rural trades or long term unemployed. Unemployment stands at 90% of the national average, and the industry sector is defined as consisting of primary industry, for example agriculture, fishing, mining and forestry, manufacturing, for example brewing, steel, petrol and car manufacture or the service industry, for example tourism, retail, transport/distribution and catering. The number of directors is 86% of the national average. As defined by the Census, the ethnic break-down of this postcode is typically white.
Social Classification
We are all described as being within a "social class" or " socio-economic grouping". These tend to rely on the occupation of the main earner within a household and are no more than rough groupings, used principally by advertisers to segregate their target audience. There is no reliable single definition of the groups, nor of what is included in them, so please treat this with a pinch of salt.
Last edited by: R.P. on Thu 31 Mar 16 at 18:58
Latest Forum Posts