Non-motoring > Another dog tail Miscellaneous
Thread Author: devonite Replies: 0

Another dog tail - devonite
Early last week, I noticed a small growth on Bert's middle toe, R/R leg, it was red,sore and about the size of a rice grain. By Thurs it had grown to 5p size, so I made appointment at Vet, who thought it might be just a wart but wasn't sure, but whatever it was needed to come off whilst there was enough skin to close the wound. He quoted me £150-£180 as it would be full anesthetic. So, in he went yesterday, the "growth" now Half-Crown size! whilst we were going through the paperwork etc. I enquired how much to "Knick his plums" and tag him whilst he was out.

"Knicking his Plums" - £170
micro-chip - £15

So, On the spur of the moment I had the lot, (never really believed in mutilating dogs just cos it's the "norm")

final bill - £222.37! - must be a bargain!

Funny thing though, if you add in the vat, they must have done the original op they quoted me £150 for, for nothing!

This morning I have a sorry looking wallet, a sorrier looking dog, - but somehow I feel strangely happier that he's done! - weird!

P.s - It's now law for all dogs to be chipped, but I can't see the point really, he has his collar and tag, and most of the caring owners will get them done. The problem is the types of owners that have the problem savage dogs (Drug Dealers for example) simply won't bother or care if they get fined or the dog destroyed, they'll just get another and the problem goes on, only everyone else is £15quid poorer. (Dog -Tax)
Latest Forum Posts