Non-motoring > Actions louder than words Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Runfer D'Hills Replies: 4

Actions louder than words - Runfer D'Hills
There's a canal behind us and the pooch and I are often to be found trotting along the towpath. A bit further up there's the rather grandly named marina.

Anyway, there are the usual mix of pleasure craft and some residential narrowboats tied up along the banks.

One of the residential boats is occupied by its owner, a vaguely hippyish old fella, pleasant enough guy and his rather less endearing dog. Some kind of collie cross at a guess that growls at and chases off any other dogs who come near his boat. He has a mat and a water bowl laid out by the side of the boat on the towpath and guards his territory against all intruders.

My wee dog is wary of him as are most regular canine passers by and keeps a low profile when near him.

So, last night we were mooching past that boat and although the mat and water bowl were in situ there was no sign of the dog or its owner.

I wasn't really paying that much attention so before I could stop him, my dog wandered over to the water bowl but rather than take a drink from it, he cocked his leg and peed in it before sauntering off down the towpath.

Rearrange dish, revenge, eaten, best and cold I guess !

;-)
 Actions louder than words - Zero
>> Rearrange dish, revenge, eaten, best and cold I guess !

The owner of the bowl can identify the pee'er by its smell. I'd walk past with some care in the future.........
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 5 Apr 16 at 14:04
 Actions louder than words - Armel Coussine
Perhaps it was just a friendly gesture, one dog to another. They aren't the same as us you know.
 Actions louder than words - Runfer D'Hills
Just been past the "scene of the crime" and the collie was on guard duty as normal but didn't take any notice of mine who in turn didn't take any notice of the collie , but I'm quite sure my dog would have whistled nonchalantly and nodded in a friendly way as he went past if he had been able to.

;-)
 Actions louder than words - Ian (Cape Town)

>> My wee dog

very apt, runfer.
Latest Forum Posts