Non-motoring > Telegraph numeracy Computing Issues
Thread Author: WillDeBeest Replies: 12

Telegraph numeracy - WillDeBeest
They're at it again. See if you can find the arithmetical flaw in the little 'Might you have a drink problem?' piece at the end.
www.telegraph.co.uk/men/health/louis-theroux-i-can-put-away-two-bottles-of-wine-after-lunch/

Will probably iPlay the Theroux programme tonight. With a cup of coffee.
 Telegraph numeracy - Cliff Pope
It says the source is drinkaware.com. Is that the Telegraph?
 Telegraph numeracy - Fursty Ferret
I can ssshhhtop any time I wan' to.

(Also, five points you may be alcohol dependent?)
 Telegraph numeracy - Haywain
" See if you can find the arithmetical flaw in the little 'Might you have a drink problem?' piece at the end. "

I understand that if you have a drink problem, you can't see the 5th indicator; there's no flaw.

;-)
 Telegraph numeracy - WillDeBeest
AC reads the Telegraph, doesn't he?
 Telegraph numeracy - Falkirk Bairn
Louis Threoux - 2 G&Ts, 3 glasses of red of an evening.....maybe he is forgetting the pint / vodka & coke @ lunchtime and the glass of ???? he had with a friend in the afternoon. He has a drink problem IMHO.

You will all know a person who has drunk like that - 2 years ago neighbour 51 and all down to homebrew or 3/4++ cans of strong brew a night & some serious drinking Friday/Sat & Sunday
Stroke - wheelchair, little or no speech He was self-employed / now no income other than benefits / his business failed as he was the boss & employed 2/3 people but he had to be there to run it.

He had been warned by the Dr & his family....... no previous ill health, up & away to work 7 am every day.... then Bang.
 Telegraph numeracy - Manatee
The five points aside, they seem to have forgotten the non-drinkers in the poll.
 Telegraph numeracy - CGNorwich
Not if it a poll of drinkers.
 Telegraph numeracy - Armel Coussine
Skunk isn't 'high quality', it's merely very strong, not necessarily in a beneficent way.

Booze and dope go quite well together. But as I keep saying, if you are very suggestible and/or given to panic, you should avoid powerful hallucinogens including decent dope (or even skunk) and LSD, mescalin etc.

Don't blame me therefore if you have a smoke and a tipple and then make an idiot of yourself. If you aren't adult, extreme caution is the watchword.
 Telegraph numeracy - Alanovich
This is why, after a nasty panic attack in Amsterdam after ingesting some brown crumbly stuff (decent dope of some kind) with my coffee, I realised that I had found the limits of my tolerance to illicit substances and never attempted anything "stronger", for want of a better word.

I'm still an adult, though. Even though I can't handle my drugs. In fact, I think myself more of a grown up for having realised my limits and steadfastly stuck within them.

A splosh of boozes at the weekend is quite sufficient to maintain my will to live.
 Telegraph numeracy - Armel Coussine
>> I'm still an adult, though. Even though I can't handle my drugs. In fact, I think myself more of a grown up for having realised my limits and steadfastly stuck within them.

Quite right Al, you are properly grown-up.

Perhaps one has to be a bit thuggish and insensitive to 'handle one's drugs'. Or indeed to mess with them at all.
 Telegraph numeracy - hjd
Not an arithmetical flaw, but an interesting concept

his bread is untrimmed and sprouting in all directions
 Telegraph numeracy - Harleyman

>> his bread is untrimmed and sprouting in all directions
>>

Disgraceful. Nothing worse than an untidy sandwich.
Latest Forum Posts