Non-motoring > RIP Muhammad Ali Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 10

RIP Muhammad Ali - smokie
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16011175

Quite a character as well as a spectacular boxer and civil rights champion.
 RIP Muhammad Ali - Roger.
Wall to wall obit on BBC Breakfast this am.
Typical overkill when a celeb snuffs it, but really, really, over, over, kill by the near exclusion of any other news or happening.
Boxing is a beastly "sport" anyway!

(I had a chuckle at the Telegraph's headline ...."LIVE. Muhammed Ali dies")
Last edited by: Roger. on Sat 4 Jun 16 at 12:52
 RIP Muhammad Ali - Haywain
"Boxing is a beastly "sport" anyway!"

Some say that about rugby.
 RIP Muhammad Ali - Ian (Cape Town)
>> "Boxing is a beastly "sport" anyway!"
>>
>> Some say that about rugby.
>>
Rugby's aim is not to bludgeon one's opponents into unconsciousness.
 RIP Muhammad Ali - R.P.
First non EU headline for a while (there is that at least..). Not a boxing fan by any stretch of the imagination, in fact I agree with Roger (!) but at least he used his fame and celebrity to "fight" for inequalities in the US which is a good thing and no doubt the world is a poorer place.
 RIP Muhammad Ali - Armel Coussine
Cassius Clay was a great boxer with an original style, and an amusing, agreeable individual by all appearances. Came under some influence from the Black Muslim leader 'Elijah Mohammed', which led to his name change.

Suffered the brain damage so common in professional boxers, poor fellow, and had his life shortened by it.
 RIP Muhammad Ali - Robin O'Reliant
One of Ali's best quotes - "I'm so bad I make medicine sick".
 RIP Muhammad Ali - helicopter
As a 16 year old my brother went on a school trip to the Rome Olympics in 1960 . In those days it was possible to buy tickets for all events quite easily and he had tickets in advance for the boxing semi finals in which Cassius Clay was fighting at light heavyweight and eventually won the gold medal.

However Italy had several competitors still in the competition at the semi finals and as a consequence Italian fans were desperate for tickets......

Brother missed his chance to see the greatest but covered the whole cost of the trip with the profit.
Last edited by: helicopter on Sat 4 Jun 16 at 14:55
 RIP Muhammad Ali - Dutchie
Top boxer he was light on his feet for a big man.The fights against Jo Frazier was something else.

Frazier never gave up always kept going forward.Cassius scared Michael Parkinson on his show.

Parkinson made a silly remark and the boxer moved forward.The fear in Parkinson eyes.<:)
 RIP Muhammad Ali - John Boy
news.sky.com/story/1706784/alis-famous-quotes-float-like-a-butterfly
 RIP Muhammad Ali - Robin O'Reliant
Another great quote -

"If you dream of beating me, you'd better wake up and apologise".
Latest Forum Posts