Non-motoring > ITV News Legal Questions
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 25

ITV News - No FM2R
I just caught the ITV News presented by Alistair Stewart.

What a refreshing change! The guy was actually smiling in places, nice to people, made complimentary remarks and presented news items in a positive manner.

I realise, of course, that this will be the direction of the editor as much as Stewart himself, but I was very impressed. Stewart has always struck me as very cheerful and pleasant man when I've chatted to him in the smoking area outside ITV's offices.

But is this tone to ITV News usual? Or was I just lucky? Such a pleasant break from the depressing and tabloid BBC News.
 ITV News - Dutchie
I remember when he first appeared on television.He has never been any different easy going fellow so it seems.
 ITV News - Bromptonaut
He has motoring connections:

(a) As one time presenter of Police Camera Action

(b) Two drink driving convictions - at least one of which was massively over the limit.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Thu 23 Jun 16 at 16:42
 ITV News - Stuartli
Stewart and several others are of similar ilk, a pleasant change from those such as Kay Burley and one or two of her colleagues on Sky News, whose often contemptuous dismissal of correspondents reporting live in the field when they finished their report proves both rude and arrogant.
 ITV News - BiggerBadderDave
"Stewart and several others are of similar ilk, a pleasant change from those such as Kay Burley"

You'd rather watch him over a hot milf?
 ITV News - Stuartli
"You'd rather watch him over a hot milf?"

Firstly I don't make crude or unnecessary comments or attribute words to those who haven't said them. You should feel ashamed of yourself.

Secondly, I stand by what I said about some news presenters' sometimes contemptuous attitude towards on the spot correspondents, even though Kay Burley has proved to be an excellent journalist over the years. She certainly has the experience, having been at Sky News since 1989.
Ahhh, you're one of the SEXITs. Sense of Humour Exit (Close enough).
 ITV News - Stuartli
>> Ahhh, you're one of the SEXITs. Sense of Humour Exit (Close enough).>>

I'm quite sure that many C4P posters will readily concede that I most certainly have a sense of humour, albeit usually on the punny side..! I'm also certainly no prude.

I just don't think your comment was justified in the context of my post.
 ITV News - WillDeBeest
And I thought the 'hot milf' thing was just a typo. You know, Outie bedtime treat as a change from Horlicks.
};---)
 ITV News - Ian (Cape Town)
Music.
Annie Lennox, Joan ArmourPlating etc weren't exactly t&a, but did rather well in the business.
I'd prefer somebody on the news who knows the info, and can talk about it, against a Talking Head/Set of knockers who reads of the autocue
 ITV News - VxFan
>> You'd rather watch him over a hot milf?

A few years ago a lovely looking lass called Emma Jesson used to do the weather forecast for our local area.

I met her once at The Royal Show at Stoneleigh Park. It was a scorching hot summers day and she was wearing a low cut flimsy blouse with not much on beneath it. Her skirt wasn't much longer than a belt either. Lets just say she wasn't sat very lady like on the chair she was sitting on. I shall never forget that day ;)

Found out afterwards she was going out with Bill Roach (Ken Barlow). Lucky git.
 ITV News - Ted

Jesson still does the wevver on Granada....fine looking girl......one of Roach's thousand...Yeah, pull the other one !! I prefer some of the others though...Diane Oxberry has been doing the Beeb local weather for over 20 years now and hasn't changed much.

We have a newish girl now who alternates with Diane and some others. can't remember her name, too busy gazing at her....very fragrant. She only has one arm, the left, and doesn't mind wearing short sleeves with no prosthesis.
"can't remember her name, too busy gazing at her....very fragrant. She only has one arm, the left, and doesn't mind wearing short sleeves with no prosthesis."

You're right Ted, I saw her on telly back at the folks in Cheadle Hulme a few weeks ago. Very tasty. Very tasty indeed. She's going on the list. If you're in the Hesketh on Wednesday lunch, I'll be at the back in the garden. Blonde wife, two kids.
 ITV News - tyrednemotional
>> I'll be at the back in the garden......Blonde wife.....
>>

...yours or someone else's?........
I haven't decided yet...
 ITV News - Roger.
The hottest TV ladies are on BBC Breakfast
 ITV News - mikeyb
I enjoy our local ITV news just because Kylie Pentelow presents it. The equivalent news on the beeb is much better thought out and put together, but not as pleasing on the eye
Last edited by: mikeyb on Sun 26 Jun 16 at 09:12
 ITV News - MJM
>>I enjoy our local ITV news just because Kylie Pentelow presents it.<<

You live in the same area as me then, mikey. Kylie is lovely. Kylie and Ian make a good double act.

Mind you, I also thought that Vanessa Cuddeford was a bit of a looker.
 ITV News - riddler
Susana Reid was much better on BBC Breakfast than she is on ITV now
 ITV News - CGNorwich
Is sitting watching the weather girls on daytime TV all there is to look forward to?
 ITV News - Bromptonaut
Where are the competent female broadcasters who are neither (a) young nor (b) oil paintings?
 ITV News - CGNorwich
Laura Kuennsberg must qualify. Surely one of the sharpest political commentators the BBC have had.

Thankfully there are more women on TV now who have been picked for their ability rather that their looks. Mary Beard and Bettany Hughes, for example are excellent historians (Bettany Hughes current series is outstanding).

Last edited by: CGNorwich on Sun 26 Jun 16 at 11:45
 ITV News - devonite
Granada's Weather Girl Lucy Verasamy, is well worth an "oggle" (Cumbrian for looking at)
 ITV News - Stuartli
>> Granada's Weather Girl Lucy Verasamy, is well worth an "oggle" (Cumbrian for looking at)>>

Lucy, who was formerly with Sky News as a weather presenter and who is, as you so rightly say, very easy on the eye, is in fact employed by ITV and not Granada.

You've probably seen her when Granada switches to the national weather segmemt before or after the NW weather forecast...:-)
Last edited by: Stuartli on Mon 27 Jun 16 at 11:59
 ITV News - Boxsterboy
Yes, Lucy is very easy on the eye. I certainly pay more attention to the forecasts! Is it just me, or does she often wink at the end of her forecast?
 ITV News - Ted
.. If
>> you're in the Hesketh on Wednesday lunch, I'll be at the back in the garden.
>> Blonde wife, two kids.
>>

Sorry Dave...full of best intentions to meet you but I seem to have started some sort of cold today....Headache, uncontrollable trembling and weak legs. Hope it goes off a bit overnight..full of drugs now. Ask me again when you next over. Regards.
Latest Forum Posts