Non-motoring > Members gone   [Read only] Miscellaneous
Thread Author: rtj70 Replies: 11

Members gone - rtj70
I assume those that voted to leave have decided to lie low. And realise that some on here are disappointed and also they were perhaps just naive.... well they have vanished it seems. VxFan I promise not to pe* on the Astra tonight.

We seem to have lost:

- a retired Met Police inspector
- an HGV driver who now runs training courses but married to an HGV driver
- an Indian sub continent migrant (Saikat... or is he with us still?)
- ... there's more.

Or will they come back? Is it my attitude (probably) keeping them away or something else.

There are a lot of our tiny number of members not visiting. I assume Westpig is on holiday. But we know he can afford it on his MPS inspectors pension.*

* and before I get shot down he states he's 52 and retired as an MPS Inspector in his profile! He's now actually 53. He's told us all this in his profile here or posts including his move to Devon. I went out of my way on one occasion to get an MP4 video of a documentary on the BBC and sent it to Westpig (presented by Clarkson... still have a copy.. The Greatest Raid of All). I'd do the same for other members here.

Members gone - Slidingpillar
I'd imagine the first two on the list are taking a break as dare to say you are in favour of Brexit and you get all sorts of insults.

Members gone - NortonES2
Or even a few facts....
 Members gone - rtj70
The his credit, Movilogo did post so I admire him for doing so.

Members gone - Dulwich Estate II
Good heavens - it's getter bitter out there.

rtj70 said "I see where you're coming from. But for someone with a good income (early retirement say), owns their own house outright (call it a £500k house), has grandchildren... why would they vote to leave? That's the sort of out voter I don't understand. "

Well, that description isn't a million miles off (but it's a million pounds off it - have you seen London prices) my situation - and I have a house in France too. I don't fit the media stereotype either - degree, higher degree, professional qualification . . . . . retired business owner, past employer . . . .

It's unfortunate that you can't understand the likes of me and my reasoning, but the poisoned atmosphere here and the vitriol being tossed around makes me reluctant to stick my head above the parapet. It's not about simply pounds in the bank.

Just because you can shout louder doesn't make you right.
 Members gone - rtj70
But what will you think if you don't get what you wanted. In fact what did you hope we agree with the EU?

I assume you're happy Boris has gone away - I know I am. That's not vitriol. He's more suited to Have I Got News for You or a Zip Wire.

Members gone - Slidingpillar
Or even a few facts....

Tut tut, exactly the attitude that causes absences even if expressed politely.

Members gone - Kevin
We were on holiday for the final couple of weeks before the referendum so thankfully we missed what sounds to have been alot of yah-boo insults and name calling.

What really disappoints me now is that some folks on here, who should know better, feel the need to continue doing so.
Last edited by: Kevin on Thu 30 Jun 16 at 23:42
 Members gone - rtj70
>>Well, that description isn't a million miles off (but it's a million pounds off it - have you seen
>> London prices)

It was not specific. London has higher property prices. So if you retired from London to the west country you could probably buy a home for £460k. Just an example. But you fall into the category of 'I'll be okay in a recession'.

I assume you're £1.5m home is mortgage free too.

The bit I'd like some of the leavers to post on (still) is what you want to see as the change. It might be that we see little difference with the EU agreement and yet have caused recession, job losses, interest rates fall, etc.

So if you have a house in France.... did you want to stop freedom of movement? If not? Why vote out?

>> It's not about simply pounds in the bank.

It is for you. You'll be fine in any recession.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Fri 1 Jul 16 at 00:00

Members gone - rtj70
>>I assume you're

Doh. YOUR!

Members gone - smokie
Rob, you and others have asked the question elsewhere about where the Outies are since the vote, and now we have a whole thread devoted to the matter.

You take a rather targetted approach of using personal info, even though the info may already be in the public domain) which to me feels too "in your face" and aggressive for this forum.

People have voted and they've voted in a particular way for their own reasons. They can choose whether to discuss those reasons here. One or two challenges to provide a response has been acceptable but a whole thread devoted to it is not, so I've locked this one, and I'm minded to remove it.
 Members gone - VxFan
>> - an HGV driver who now runs training courses but married to an HGV driver

Maybe this answers your question as to the whereabouts of Pat. I did also mention this the other day when you referred to her. but you must have missed it.

"I am still away in Scotland and have had very little wifi connection"

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=22743&m=504877
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 1 Jul 16 at 01:37
Latest Forum Posts