Non-motoring > Caroline Ahearne Passed Away Legal Questions
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 9

Caroline Ahearne Passed Away - zippy
Famous Mrs Merton and the Royale Family.

Sad news and puts things into perspective.

RIP

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36694598

edit - link added
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 2 Jul 16 at 17:25
 Caroline Ahearne Passed Away - No FM2R
Shame.
 Caroline Ahearne Passed Away - Clk Sec
A sad loss. Such a talented lady.

RIP
 Caroline Ahearne Passed Away - RattleandSmoke
She has been ill for a while so this news was sort of expected. Such a wonderful talent and she understood northern comedy perfectly. Really is very sad.
 Caroline Ahearne Passed Away - Armel Coussine
Yes, a loss to all comedy lovers. But all things pass, especially people.

To be heartless - I think she would approve - it's just as well we have all these recording devices now, DVDs and cassettes an all dat sheet.
 Caroline Ahearne Passed Away - stan10
The Amy Winehouse / Jimmy Hendrix of comedy,

"The Royle Family", IMHO, is far and away the best ever British, and equal best Ever,
(Tying at No. 1 with M.A.S.H.), Comedy/Social comment programme ever on TV.

What was it that first attracted you to the Millionaire ... ?

Caroline Ahearne Passed Away - No FM2R
I thought she was clever and original, but I rarely found her funny. Nonetheless she is a loss.
 Caroline Ahearne Passed Away - Robin O'Reliant
>> "The Royle Family", IMHO, is far and away the best ever British, and equal best
>> Ever,
>> (Tying at No. 1 with M.A.S.H.), Comedy/Social comment programme ever on TV.

All a matter of taste I suppose, but the Royal Family bored me to tears and the TV series M.A.S.H. was not a patch on the original film because they made the characters cuddly and likeable. The film was quite dark and they lost all that when it went to TV.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sun 3 Jul 16 at 19:10
 Caroline Ahearne Passed Away - Armel Coussine
Yes, all a matter of taste. I thought The Royle Family utterly boring and pointless, repulsive even.
 Caroline Ahearne Passed Away - John Boy
I found some of the things she said, as Mrs Merton, extremely funny, but I couldn't watch her in that role or in The Royle Family. Both reminded me of people I know or have met, who I'd rather forget about. I wish she'd been in Coronation Street when I followed it. I'm a great admirer of the writing and acting in that and watched for two or three years, until I could no longer believe in characters with so many catastrophic events in their past.

I read an interview with her once, about her liking for alcohol, in which she said how wonderful she found her first taste of an alcoholic drink. An alcoholic friend described his first taste to me in exactly the same way. I wonder how common that is? I would have thought most people find their first taste rather unpleasant.

Anyway, there are some really good quotes from Mrs Merton here:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36695412

Latest Forum Posts