Non-motoring > Transport question for Pat perhaps Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 7

Transport question for Pat perhaps - Manatee
There's been a local skip company about a mile away since before I started living here 23 years ago. Their lorries rarely came through the village, I was told because the terms of their operator's licence required them to go to and from their yard via a different route.

Just recently, they are rattling through all the time, usually at speeds well in excess of the 30 limit and one nearly had me off my bike yesterday.

I think there may have been a change of control a year or so back. I have found the operator's licence summary online but it makes no mention of any conditions attached.

Is there an easy way to see the full terms of the licence, or otherwise find out if they are actually adhering to them?
 Transport question for Pat perhaps - No FM2R
Just as likely to be a planning restriction on the depot. You need to check that also.
>> Just as likely to be a planning restriction on the depot. You need to check
>> that also.

Good idea, thanks.
 Transport question for Pat perhaps - VxFan
>> Just recently, they are rattling through all the time, usually at speeds well in excess of the 30 limit

Time to stand at the side of the road dressed in a high vis jacket, holding a hairdryer. But not a girly pink one though.
 Transport question for Pat perhaps - Pat
www.gov.uk/government/collections/traffic-commissioner-applications-and-decisions

This is the search you're looking for but it's going to be a long job.

There is a number on the website for the local Traffic Commissioner and a phone call would be the way to go.

Perhaps even a friendly phone call to the firm asking them to use another route before you bring it up formally with the authorities?

It may work.

Pat
Thanks Pat. I'll let you know what results, if anything.
 Transport question for Pat perhaps - MD
I've got the same problem here. 'Most' drivers are OK. Some are ruddy idiots. Those that pass by at speed or on the phone get dobbed in. End of.
 Transport question for Pat perhaps - Harleyman
Have yopu considered a phone call to the company first? Most O-licence holders are very much aware of the fact that complaints from their neighbours can result in a tightening of their conditions, along with increased monitoring from DVSA. The recycling industry is very high on the radar at the moment.

It only takes one or two drivers to think they can get away with using a short cut for a while for the rest to follow suit, and if management aren't made aware of it they can't act.
Latest Forum Posts