THIS is camping!! - Dog
American family of three set out on a camping trip replete with:-

3 Italian Greyhounds

A Huge fully equipped Motor Home

A 4x4 pick up truck

A huge trailer

A quad bike

2 moto x Motorcycles

A massive chainsaw (well, you need firewood don't you?)

Oh! and a small arsenal of firearms

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s_VO9RWY0E&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 20 Sep 16 at 10:45
 THIS is camping!! - Manatee
And they attempt to converse with dogs:(

The kid appears to have shot himself in the foot at some point.
 THIS is camping!! - Dog
What a life though (That's living alright!) although she says "It's been 2 summers since we've been able to get out and camp"... Gonna watch part 2 of Sparkle and Shimmer now :)
 THIS is camping!! - devonite
That's not Camping! - it's an overnight stay, and tearing up the Countryside to boot! - what chance do they have of enjoying the natural beauty and wildlife of the place? no wonder they only caught a glimpse of a deer half a mile away! They could have done what they did at a dirt track leisure centre!

I could put that camper-van to proper use! - if I could afford to fuel it!! ;-)
 THIS is camping!! - Dog
>>it's an overnight stay

Yup, and all that paraphernalia just for one flipping night 8-)

>>I could put that camper-van to proper use! - if I could afford to fuel it!! ;-)

Best goan live in the US of A where they they pull the stuff out of the ground.
 THIS is camping!! - devonite
I prefer a Brexit Britain to a Trump Dictatorship! ;-)
 THIS is camping!! - CGNorwich
"A Trump Dictatorship"

Yep just imagine living in a country where the elected leader is deposed and a new leader seizes power, completely alters the policies for which the people voted and refuses to hold an election for the next four years

Couldn't happen here could it?
 THIS is camping!! - Pat
>>elected leader is deposed and a new leader seizes power, completely alters the policies for which the people voted and refuses to hold an election for the next four years<<

It's not quite like that though, is it?

>>elected leader is deposed <<

He threw his toys out of the pram and quit.

>>a new leader seizes power<<

She was voted in by her party as new leader.

>>completely alters the policies for which the people voted<<

The people voted for Brexit which (at the moment) she seems to be heeding their wishes.

>>refuses to hold an election for the next four years<<

Anything could happen before four years if she doesn't keep her promise.

Do you work for the Daily Mail CG? :)

Pat

THIS is camping!! - sooty123
Couldn't happen here could it?
>>

I don't think so no. Do you?
I think we have a right to a General Election to endorse or otherwise the policies of the new government. Is that not what democracy is about?
Democracy comes in many flavours. Policies changes happen without a general election, cabinets ministers also change, they may also change policy as well. Again without a general election.
Last edited by: sooty123 on Tue 20 Sep 16 at 21:29
The policies of Theresa May and David Cameron seem pretty far apart. Of course it would help if Theresa May actually told us what her views were on major issues. It seems fairly obvious to me that she would set out her aims and seek the endorsement of the electorate. Hardly controversial is it?
Like you say she's not set out her stall, so it's hard to say if they are far apart, well to me anyway.

No it's not controversial but i don't think it's necessary.
 THIS is camping!! - Bromptonaut
>> The policies of Theresa May and David Cameron seem pretty far apart. Of course it
>> would help if Theresa May actually told us what her views were on major issues.

The issue really is our (lack of a) constitution. There are few if any nations where the personal resignation or even death/incapacity of the Head of Government triggers an election. Political posturing after (in my lifetime) Mac>Home, Wilson>Callaghan, Thatch>Major, Blair>Brown and Cam>May requires demands for an election reality is there's no need.

Real issue is the power and patronage vested in the PM and the influence of individuals appointed under that patronage.
 THIS is camping!! - Stuu
If I was a Leftist I would keep quiet about calling for a GE that would, if polling is to believed, give her such a majority that she could do pretty much as she wished.
That is the only likely practical result of a GE at this point, regardless of any moral arguments about how government is formed.

THIS is camping!! - Cliff Pope
>>
>>
>> The issue really is our (lack of a) constitution.

That's often trotted out but it's not true. We don't have a written constitution, but we have centuries of slowly evolving convention and all parties respect those conventions. (Not so sure about Corbyn)

The real point is that we have a representative democracy, not an instant knee-jerk number-crunching one. People are increasingly pretending that they don't understand that.
 THIS is camping!! - Stuu
>>The policies of Theresa May and David Cameron seem pretty far apart. Of course it would help if Theresa May actually told us what her views were on major issues <<

You possibly need to make your mind up on whether you know what her policies are or not - if you don't, it is pretty absurd to claim they are 'far apart' from Cameron's, even though you also claim you don't know what her views and therefore polices are.

As far as I am aware, she hasn't announced a great deal and for the most part Tory MPs are talking about continuing to implement the manifesto pledges, within the confines of current events. The only change I detect is that she is less of a ditherer than Cameron.
Latest Forum Posts