Non-motoring > Holiday music Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 5

Holiday music - legacylad
Should I be on an 'active' holiday I don't bother... After walking, backpacking, skiing I'm too pooped. I just walk to lie down & sleep!
On a lazier trip, currently pool, beach, swimming, sightseeing, I simply revert to old stuff on my phone, and listen through some decent ear buds. Floyd, Stones, Supertramp, Eagles, Pet Shop Boys, AC/DC, even Glen Campbell ( wtf!)
Some limited listening to 'newer' stuff which isn't actually that new...Alabama3, Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, Oasis & the Killers is about the limit.
But primarily the first five mentioned which are donkeys years old and I always fall asleep to.
As I have done this past week...no class I hear you say.
 Holiday music - Pat
I would say the first seven are absolute class LL and the second lot of five aren't bad either.

You'll do for me:)

Pat
 Holiday music - smokie
Did I say I'm going to this? Leave next Wed :-)

deserttrip.com/

Actually the post concert will also be musical - New Orleans (4 nights) Memphis (3), Nashville (2), Atlanta (1) then drive back across to Dallas then Austin.
Last edited by: smokie on Thu 6 Oct 16 at 17:57
 Holiday music - Dog
Best stay away from Tenerife for the mo LL:

www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/spain/canary-islands/articles/tenerife-calls-for-calm-after-sensationalist-mount-teide-volcano-stories/

And if y'all ever on a plane sitting next to an AH or noisy brats, just recline the seat, stick this on, and think of Engerland:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-YpbI3Lb10
 Holiday music - legacylad
Smokies road trip sounds fun... At the back of my mind I'd like to organise one late 2017 with a few friends, but rather than music based it would be a road trip visiting National Parks over a 3/4 week period. Although with current exchange rates,and the threat of $/£ parity on some financial websites within 18 months that could all change.
And aircraft seats on LCC no longer recline fortunately... My old Bose QC15s drown out screaming children on aircraft...that link doesn't work here in Turkey
 Holiday music - RattleandSmoke
I am having turntable issues so slumming it at the moment but so far this week I have listened to albums by (in no random order)

The Smiths (as always)
New Order (as always)
Buddy Holly
A-Ha
OMD
Human League
The Clash
The Members
The Specials
Kasabian (poundland find on CD)
David Bowie
Belle and Sebastian etc

I am tempted to go out and buy a new turntable, my current deck needs a bit of work, a new cartridge, new belt. I can get a new Project Essential II for £170 which has a better arm than my 15 year old Debut, and I can keep the Debut for my workshop or downstairs. I am still in two minds though what to do.

Sadly I am not on Holiday yet but hoping to take a week off between Christmas and New Year.
Latest Forum Posts