Non-motoring > Prices, what crisis? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 17

Prices, what crisis? - Dog
Tis amazing howl y'all can save a few spondulics on the ole ww machine. I bought a Dimplex DXC30FTI 3kw con-vector orf Amazon to warm my cockles with before I begin chucking some Ash logs on the stove layder this month.

Well, the heater cost me £110.63 from Amazon (sold by a Co called Dealec) - it's going back!

Lo and behold, the same 'eater on Dealec's website is £74.24 + p&P, or 79 knicker on eBay inc. p&P.

ditto a FERM PSM1024 180 W 240 V Orbital Sander on Amazon = £43.26

= 25 knicker on eBay.

Um, it pays to shop around.!

Prices, what crisis? - mikeyb
Yep, Amazon can vary a lot in pricing. I added a couple of items to my basket, and came back a few hours later to complete my order to find the prices had changed - only by a few pence
Wotta big price difference with those two items though. I usually use pricespy.co.uk/ to check out the best prices, but I must have had a senior moment this time.

Crrrazy! - I take a Swanson's beef liver capsule every morn for the B12.

£15.22 on eBay.

£9.29 via Amazon.

These are like, BIG differences and frankly, I am gobsmacked.
 Prices, what crisis? - zippy
This site lets you track Amazon prices.

uk.camelcamelcamel.com/

Sometimes you can see a pattern and time to buy when the price is expected to be lower.
 Prices, what crisis? - legacylad
My old Mums cordless vac packed up recently, and she doesn't like my GTech. After research, she/we decided on a Miele C3 Cat & Dog ( Fido moults a lot) and despite promising to try & price match my local electrical store were not very happy when asked to. Only a tenner, but they failed the attitude test so I used price spy to buy from freeNET electrical.
I've never heard of them, and struggled to find reviews, but hope they are ok!
 Prices, what crisis? - Stuartli
I find the best way is to enter a product you want into Google and add "best prices" or similar wording.

Covers all the usual retail suspects plus a lot more.
 Prices, what crisis? - Clk Sec
>> I find the best way is to enter a product you want into Google and
>> add "best prices"

That's what I do, and it works very well.
 Prices, what crisis? - Clk Sec
>> freeNET electrical. I've never heard of them, and struggled to find reviews, but hope they are ok!

LL
They look OK on Trust Pilot and Review Centre.
Last edited by: Clk Sec on Sun 23 Oct 16 at 12:10
 Prices, what crisis? - Ted

Just bought a Clarke Little Devil for the workshop before the weather starts to freeze me oggers off.
Amazon £93 post free.
Machine Mart £77 and I could get it within the hour with a 5 mile drive...no contest. Chucks a lot of heat out on a payg basis so no massive leccie bill to look forrard to in 3 months time !
Local indy diy swapped me one of my 7kg butanes for the biggest propane. Will swap back in Spring but hardly use gas in the caravan now...only the cooker....everything else is 230V.
 Prices, what crisis? - Harleyman
I have one Ted. Great but of kit but very noisy. Use an 18kg propane on mine, hose is a bit short for a 47.
Wouldn't a heater like the Little Devil be inclined to set fire to the net curtains and scorch the burr walnut sideboard?
 Prices, what crisis? - Harleyman
>> Wouldn't a heater like the Little Devil be inclined to set fire to the net
>> curtains and scorch the burr walnut sideboard?
>>

In Ted's area, fires involving net curtains are usually caused by friction, from constant twitching. ;)
 Prices, what crisis? - Ted
HaHa...Nets are for lesser mortals in North Manchester and Salford. We have stained glass.

The Little Devil will set fire to your pantaloons if you forget and stand too close ! Might have made a mistake over the gas bottle....I struggle to lift it. I had to get it onto a trolley to get it from the car to the workshop. Still, £27 of gas should last me 'til Spring arrives. Yes, it is piggin noisy....can't hear the radio with it working.

Been making some 1.5mm thick gaskets out of Vitol today to see how they compare with cork.
>>We have stained glass

Why not have them professionally cleaned then yoos stewpid iriot.

8-}
 Prices, what crisis? - MD
Prices Huh!

See my post about tyre inflator's (in a minute or two)!!!
 Prices, what crisis? - devonite
>> Still, £27 of gas should last me 'til Spring arrives.

;-) some hope! - By £27 of gas I assume you've got a 12kg bottle, (mine cost £28), in one of those 3 bar cabinet heaters it lasts approx 140hrs with one bar lit, (46hrs on Max). The heater is rated @ approx 1.2kw per bar, 4.5kw overall. I assume your Little Devil may have a bigger appetite than that! - unless you don't use it! ;-)
Here we go again ... Looking for a new pair of boots and saw these on Amazon for 80 knicker [sold by Bells Shoes]

preview.tinyurl.com/gmujbfa

Same boots, same seller via Ebay = 65 notes:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clarks-Montacute-Lord-Chestnut-Warmlined-Brown-Mens-Boots-/302106799908
Latest Forum Posts